26th October 2019, 12:21 AM
Unregistered

Cutoff percentage required in 12th CBSE to secure free MBBS seat in Government Medical colleges of Tamil Nadu?

Respected Sir/Madam, I am studying in 12th standard with CBSE Board. I want to get free MBBS seat in any Government Medical college of Tamil Nadu. Please tell me what percentage of marks I have to secure in my Board exam for this?

30th October 2019, 06:20 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Cutoff percentage required in 12th CBSE to secure free MBBS seat in Government Medical colleges of Tamil Nadu?

Admission in MBBS course is not offered on the basis of aggregate in 12th board examination.

It is necessary to appear and qualify in NEET examination for the admission in the course. Candidate must have passed 12th in PCB with minimum 50% aggregate to become eligible to appear in the examination.

So, you have to appear and qualify in the examination to get admission in government college or private college in MBBS course.
30th October 2019, 10:19 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Cutoff percentage required in 12th CBSE to secure free MBBS seat in Government Medical colleges of Tamil Nadu?

To get a seat in MBBS course, you have to appear and qualify in the NEET examination. It is conducted by NTA .

As per Supreme Court verdict, the admission in MBBS course is offered only to candidates who have passed in NEET.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed 12th in PCB as main paper with minimum 50% aggregate. The minimum age limit is 17 years while there is no upper age limit.

So, you are not eligible to get admission on the basis of marks in 12th board examination.
31st October 2019, 09:45 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

The first thing I would like to let you know that admission to MBBS degree course in any government of private medical college is not offered on the basis of marks secured in Class 12th rather it is offered on the basis of rank managed by candidate in NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test).

So, marks in Class 12th does not matters as far as the admission to MBBS degree course is concerned if you have managed to secure at least 50% marks (or 40% in case of reserved category candidates) in PCB group subjects in your Class 12th which is the minimum requirement of marks for appearing in NEET.
31st October 2019, 02:58 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Admission in government colleges of Tamil Nadu in MBBS course will be conducted on the basis of NEET score.

Admission in any colleges is not conducted on the basis of aggregate in 12th board examination score.

So, you will become eligible to get admission, only when you qualify in the NEET examination conducted by NTA.
31st October 2019, 07:43 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

For getting admission in Government Medical College of Tamil Nadu to pursue MBBS degree course, you are required to clear NEET as admission in any undergraduate medical degree course across any medical college except in AIIMS and JIPMER is offered on the basis of NEET rank not on the basis of marks in Class 12th.

So, you just need to secure 50% marks (or 40% marks in case of reserved category candidates) in PCB group subjects in your Class 12th to be eligible for securing admission in any medical college of Tamil Nadu to pursue MBBS degree course as this much marks will make you eligible for appearing in NEET.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?