1st March 2018, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

Detailed information about NDA for 17 years old 12th student?

Hi Sir, now I am 17 years old and studying in12th standard. I am interested to join in NDA. I want the full details about NDA. Now a day’s B.Tech has become a fashion but there is no guarantee to get jobs. So my thought is I want to go for Defence Service in my future. So I think that NDA is the best choice for me.

8th March 2018, 08:46 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed information about NDA for 17 years old 12th student?

To join NDA being a 17 years old 12th standard candidate, you should have to satisfy the eligibility criteria mentioned below :-

1. You should be a citizen of India.

2. You should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination from a Government recognised board

3. You should be an unmarried male candidate.

4. You should be in the age range of 16.5 to 19.5 years.

5. You should be physically as well as mentally healthy.

You can apply for NDA examination at UPSC official website http://www.upsc.gov.in once, the NDA examination notification is released by UPSC.
9th March 2018, 02:17 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. To join NDA, you should have to pass 12th standard or an equivalent examination in any stream from a recognised board. You should be in the age range of 16.5 to 19.5 years, unmarried male candidate and should be physically fit to be eligible to apply for NDA examination.
9th March 2018, 05:59 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

NDA is National Defence Academy and the examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year for recruitment in defence service.

The common eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed or appearing in 12th from a recognized board. The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.Only male candidates are eligible.

The examination is conducted in two stages as Written and SSB. Candidates have to appear and qualify for both stages for final selection.

So, if you want to join the service, you can prepare for examination as according to syllabus and qualify for examinaton.

For more information about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in
9th March 2018, 06:18 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Detailed Information about NDA (National Defence Academy) Exam:

In order to appear in NDA Entrance Examination that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), you are required to follow the below mentioned eligibility criteria. There are several wings available in NDA and they are, Indian Army, Indian Navy and Air Force.

<> For Indian Navy and Air Force wings:
* Candidates must have completed their 12th Class in 10+2 pattern with Physics and Mathematics as a compulsory subject from a recognized board/ institute.

<> For Indian Army wing:
* Candidates must have completed their 12th Class in 10+2 pattern or its equivalent qualification in order to apply for NDA.

<> The minimum age required to be eligible is 16.5 years and the maximum age must not exceed 19 years. As your age is 17 years which is in the required age limit, I can say that you are eligible to apply for this NDA Examination.
9th March 2018, 07:29 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

NDA refers to National Defense Academy and same is a defense academy meant for providing training and education to those who manages to qualify NDA entrance examination with an ambition to become a defense officer.

NDA entrance examination is held twice every year by UPSC in two stages which includes Written test followed by SSB interview.

Being a student of Class 12th and 17 years old candidate you are eligible for appearing in NDA entrance examination if you are an unmarried Indian male candidate holding physical fitness as per the service norms.

For complete details regarding NDA entrance examination you can refer to the notification released for same examination on the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
10th March 2018, 08:47 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

1. The age limit for National Defence Academy entrance examination is 16.5 to 19.5 years. You are eligible to apply for exam at age of 17 years.

2. NDA examination is conducted twice every year by Union Public Service Commission. Other than age criteria, you should be unmarried male and 12th passed or appearing for board exams.
12th March 2018, 10:38 PM
randhirk.rk

Next NDA exams which is conducted UPSC will be held on 22nd April 2018
Notification for the NDA exams would come out on 10th jan 2018 and last date to apply is 5th feb 2018

Second NDA exam of the year 2018 would be held on 9th sep 2018 and notification will come out on 6th june 2018

Eligibilty to apply for NDA is:
Only unmarried male candidates can apply for NDA exams. Female candidates cannot apply
Education- For army wing 12th pass in any stream
For Airforce and navy wing- 12th pass with physics and mathematics

age-The age range for NDA 1 2018 is from 2nd July 1999 to 2nd July 2002
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?