22nd December 2014, 12:44 PM
Unregistered

How can I apply to join NDA if secured 90% in 11th being a 17 years old student?

Respected Sir,
I have completed my 11th with 90%.
I want to join NDA. How can i apply for nda?
Am 17 years old am i eligible??
waiting for your response

23rd December 2014, 07:00 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I apply to join NDA if secured 90% in 11th being a 17 years old student?

NDA - National Defense Academy.NDA exam is conducted by UPSC twice a year.To join NDA candidate must give NDA & NA National Defense Academy and Naval Academy entrance examination conducted by UPSC Union Public Service Commission.NDA Exam is conducted twice a year,notification will be released in between September to October and May to June.So the detailed list of Exam dates and Eligibility Criteria and Educational Qualifications of National Defense Academy NDA 2014- 15 is provided below.The eligibility criteria of this NDA examination can be generally obtained from Indian Army website as obtained from the official recruitment.As you are 11th class you are not eligible to apply for NDA Exam this time, and you will be eligible to apply for this NDA exam which will be held in 2016 years.Because by 01 year you would complete your 12th class and the minimum educational qualification needed is 12th class, you can then apply for National Defense Examination.

NDA Important Dates 2014- 15:

Date of issue of NDA 2015 Notification: Will be released on 27th December 2014
Closing date for receiving applications: 23rd January 2015
Date of Conduct of NDA 2015 Examination: 19th April 2014

NDA Eligibility Criteria 2014- 15:

>> Only Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for this NDA Entrance examination
>> Through NDA exam,candidates can be recruited to Army, Air Force, Navy wings of the NDA National Defense Academy
>> Educational Qualification: Applicant must have completed 12th class of 10+2 system of education for Army wing and with Physics and Mathematics for Air Force and Navy Wings.
>> The total duration of Training would last for about 4 to 5 years based on the wing or cadets.
>> The age of candidate must be in between 16 1/2 year to 19 years only.

How to Apply:
Apply link has been given below, candidates are required to fill up application form separately. After successful completion of Part I Registration, then complete Part II Registration.

Apply Here
- http://www.upsconline.nic.in/mainmenu2.php
23rd December 2014, 12:12 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I apply to join NDA if secured 90% in 11th being a 17 years old student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir,
I have completed my 11th with 90%.
I want to join NDA. How can i apply for nda?
Am 17 years old am i eligible??
waiting for your response
If you are in final year of 12th standard then you are eligible NDA exam. First you should qualify in written exam which is conducted by UPSC. If you once qualified in written exam then you can faced physical test, medical test and interview which is conducted by SSB.

Your age now 17 years old so you are eligible for NDA exam.

The details of NDA exam is given below-

The minimum required qualification for NDA exam is 12th standard from a recognized board.

If your 12th subject is mathematics and Physics then you are eligible for all above wings otherwise you can apply only for Indian Army.The candidates age should be in between 16.5 years to 19 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidate.Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply in NDA exam.

You can get more information regarding the exam at the official site of UPSC at http://www.upsc.gov.in
23rd December 2014, 01:22 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

No, now you are not eligible to apply for NDA. That's because candidates who have completed their intermediate from any recognized board are eligible to appear for NDA exam. So, you can apply for NDA exam after the completion of intermediate from a recognised board/

Eligibilty Criteria:-
1. You must be a citizen of India.
2. You must be at least 16 1/2 years old and must have not crossed the age of 19 years.
3.You must be an unmarried male candidate.

How to apply:-
Candidates can apply through online by visiting the official website
http://www.upsconline.nic.in/
23rd December 2014, 01:35 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for NDA examination without completing 12th standard. Since, you have completed 11th standard, to be eligible to appear for NDA examination, you must have to complete 12th standard from a recognised board. NDA examination is conducted by UPSC twice a year for candidates who are interested to join in Indian Army, Navy and Air Force wings.

Eligibility Criteria :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed 12th standard or equivalent from a recognised board.

3. You must have attained the age of 16 1/2 years and must not have attained the age of 19 years.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate.

How to Apply :-
You can apply for NDA examination through online by visiting the UPSC official website http://www.upsconline.nic.in
10th April 2015, 03:39 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

At this time you are not eligible to sit for NDA exam because you don't have 12th class degree which is the minimum qualification required for the exam.Once you complete your 10+2 level degree ,you will become eligible to sit for the exam.

NDA stands for National Defense Academy.It has three wings;

Indian Military Academy.

Indian Naval Academy.

Indian Air Force Academy.

The eligibility criteria which has to be fulfilled to get admission in NDA are following:-

- The minimum qualification required to join NDA is 12th class of 10+2 education system from a recognized board for Indian Military Academy.However, the qualification for Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy is 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics.

-The candidate has to clear the entrance exam conducted by UPSC. UPSC conducts this exam twice a year with the name;NDA I and NDA II

-The candidate must be a citizen of India.

-The age limit for the candidate is 16.5 years to 19 years.

-Only unmarried male candidate can apply for the exam.

-The selection process involves written examination followed by personal interview by Service Selection Board.

-The candidate should be physically fit as per the Physical Standards required to join NDA.

-The minimum height for a NDA candidate to join Indian Army should not be less than 157 cm.
10th April 2015, 08:22 PM
Tanveer2308

You secured 90% in 11th standard that means you are in 12th standard and you fulfill the first requirement i.e. You must be in 12th standard or cleared 12th standard.
Fill NDA form
Date of issue of NDA 2015 Notification: released
on 27th December 2014
Closing date for receiving applications: 23rd January
Date of Conduct of NDA 2015 Examination: 19th April
Procedure --
Entrance test
SSB
Medical and physical

Technical entry-- there is also technical entry.
You need to score 70% or more in PCM after that you will be called for direct SSB. You don't need to give entrance test.
14th April 2015, 10:38 PM
kunalroy89

You are not eligible for NDA after 11th.
You need to complete 12th or should be appearing for 12th board,then only you are eligible.
You should be unmarried male candidate between age group 16.5-19 years at the time of commencement of the course.
The exam of NDA is conducted by UPSC twice a year.If you have physics and mathematics in your subjects then you can apply for Naval Academy in addition to NDA as well.
For other details and previous year papers,notifications etc. check out on website of UPSC at www.upsc.gov.in
15th April 2015, 10:01 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are applicable for NDA exam after 12th.

NDA stands for National Defense Academy.This exam is conducted by UPSC twice in a year. It has three wings such as

Indian Military Academy.
Indian Naval Academy.
Indian Air Force Academy.

::::::NDA Eligibility Criteria::::::

You must be a citizen of India.
The age limit for the candidate is 16.5 years to 19 years.
Only unmarried male candidate can apply for the exam.
You must have done 12th class from recognized institution.
Result awaited students can also apply.

For more details: www.nda.nic.in
19th May 2015, 12:13 AM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

No,you can not apply for NDA exam. As one of the criteria you are not fulfilled.
Though you had attained the age of 17 years which is said to be essential in order to appear for NDA.
But on the other hand education qualification you had not satisfy i.e to apply for NDA candidate must have done 12 th board or should be 12 th standard.
To be eligible all the requirements has to be fulfilled then only you can apply for NDA.
Missing of one of the criteria leads to disqualification of the form without any prior notice.
14th August 2015, 05:25 PM
sai215

Re: How can I apply to join NDA if secured 90% in 11th being a 17 years old students/

No you can not apply for NDA exam Because your 10+2 not complete

NDA stands National Defence Academy and this exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission .

Eligibility Criteria :-----------

Candidates must be have passed 10+2 from any recognized Board
Age limit: 16.5 - 19 years
Only unmarried candidates are eligible
Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to National Defence Academy and Navel Academy .
15th August 2015, 01:30 PM
newmoon06

Firstly, you need to pass class 12th. After passing class 12 you will be eligible NDA. NDA stands for National Defense academy. Entrance exam conducted by NDA is for those students who want to join any one of them Indian Army, Indian Navy or Indian Air force. NDA has three wings. If you will qualify NDA written exam then, you will be call for an interview.

Eligibility criteria for NDA-
You must in between 16.5 years to 19 years of age.
You must 12th passed with Physics, Chemistry and maths as the main subjects in class 12th.
You must be an Unmarried male candidate.
You should be physically fit.

Concentrates on your studies and firstly complete your 12th.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?