16th April 2014, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

Difference between ICSE and CBSE?

From a very long period of I have a doubt in my mind that I want to clear it up that what is the diff. between ICSE and c.b.s.e.?

5th May 2014, 09:45 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Difference between ICSE and CBSE?

CBSE-Central board of secondary education.
ICSE-Indian certificate of secondary education.

Both CBSE and ICSE are self-financing educational institutions.But they have different syllabus ,exams ,education pattern and other things.One main difference is that Indian government recognised CBSE but has not recognised ICSE.The certificate given in both the institute is valid globally but the CBSE certificate has more value than ICSE certificate. And the criteria for the exams is also different in both the institution.

In CBSE there are less exams as compare to ICSE because there is number of subjects is large.In CBSE the syllabus somehow help the students in entrance exams but in ICSE syllabus it does’nt help the students.CBSE has “Front line curriculum” concept that upgrade the syllabus.One main importance of CBSE is that all the entrance exams construct from the CBSE syllabus.one more thing that number of CBSE instiute in India is larger than ICSE.CBSE accept private admission but in ICSE there is no private admission. ICSE provide only english medium but CBSE provide both english and hindi medium for the students.If anybody wants to score high marks than go to CBSE.
22nd June 2021, 06:25 PM
Singhskomal

Default Re: Difference between ICSE and CBSE?

ICSE - Indian certificate of secondary education. Its education was established by local examination. ICSE exam at the end of the 10th. Indian school certificate exam at the end of the 12th.
CBSE - Its a primary board of education in India. Its a national level exam.
CBSE gives important to science and mathematics.
ICSE give equal important to all subjects.
Both the board teach almost the same subjects.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?