23rd April 2015, 12:15 PM
Unregistered

Does the percentage of 12th counts for admission in NIT?

Sir,
I have just given my 12th Board exam
but I don't think I can score more because I
have prepared well for JEE Main and
my JEE Main exam was good.
So, is my 12th percentage counts for admission in NIT?

24th April 2015, 01:45 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does the percentage of 12th counts for admission in NIT?

Yes 10+2 board marks are taken in consideration while preparing the rank list after the JEE Mains through which candidates are eligible to get admission in various colleges after the counselling conducted by the CBSE .

If your rank is below 25,000 you are eligible to get admission in NIT or government colleges.

So I hope if you have performed well in the JEE Mains and your score is about 230 -250 with board aggregate of near about 80 % in general category then you will get admission in the NIT but if you are a reserved category candidates then there will be few more reduction in marks will led you to admission in NIT .

Even if you miss getting admission in NIT then , I suggest you to go with any government colleges do not make a year gap as it will create problems in your placement.
24th April 2015, 03:25 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

According to new updated criteria your marks in 12th are also considered during making your rank. So i think that it directly affect your position in NIT. So my suggestion to you is that you should study with full dedication. However if you can compensate your poor marks in the JEE main then you will definitely got admission in NIT.
24th April 2015, 07:43 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, the percentage of 12th standard also counts for admission in NIT because, the admissions in NIT are offered on the basis of JEE Main examination rank. JEE Main examination rank is calculated by considering JEE Main examination marks, 12th standard examinations marks and your category. Since, the 12th standard examination marks are considered for calculating the JEE Main examination rank, we can say that 12th standard percentage also counts for admission in NIT.
24th April 2015, 09:07 AM
taherrocks
Senior Member+

I would like to tell you something that class 12th marks is the primary marks which is considered first for any college or institute admission then other entrance examination marks is being considered, so if you get above 60% in class 12th then you are eligible for NIT.
24th April 2015, 10:17 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, 12th percentage counts for admission in NIT.

Percentage of 12th class affect your JEE score, so indirectly it will affect your admission in NIT.

Percentile is calculated on the basis of aggregate marks scored by candidates in their respective board. Let we call it A1.
And let aggregate scored as A2.

Now normalised score is A = 0.5 ( A1+A2 )

Now for admission to NITs and other institutes where Main score is taken as 60:40 ratio.

Main score is = 0.6 of JEE Score + 0.4 of Normalised score.

So, you have also have to score good in JEE as well as your 12th Board exam.
24th April 2015, 12:20 PM
aide006

Arrow Re: Does the percentage of 12th counts for admission in NIT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
Having percentage or CGPA around 70 or 7 respectively will be good enough for admission in any National Institute. Let me give you a brief about what actually happens during seat allocation based on your AIR in JEE main.

CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) conducts JEE Main and publishes AIR of candidates.
CSAB (Central Seat Allocation Board) will allocate seats to applied candidates based on their merit in JEE Main and 12th Exams or Equivalent exams.

Normalization process will be done and the weightage for JEE Main All India Rank is 60% and for 12th exams or equivalent exams marks is 40%. The actual process of normalization is little complex to understand. In simple terms, if you are able to score atleast 70% of marks in your 12th board exams and manage to be in top 1000 in JEE Main you will end up getting admission in a good college.

For your reference I am attaching a document of CSAB below in which the complete procedure of seat allocation is explained and articulated very clearly for our understanding please go through it and understand.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CSAB Information Brochure_21.7.pdf(4.08 MB, 220 views)
24th April 2015, 12:51 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, the percentage of your 12th standard is also important to get admission in NIT, because NIT institutes offers admission by considering your performance in your 12th standard/other Qualifying Examination and in the Joint Entrance Examination, JEE (Main). So, your 12th standard percentage also plays an important role in getting admission for you.
26th April 2015, 01:41 PM
PATHGUIDE

Yes the percentage that you obtain in your 12th standard is important to get admission in NIT.
NIT offers admission on the basis of your rank in JEE(Joint entrance exam) ranking and your 12th percentage .
For admission in NIT you need to score aggregate 80% or above in 10+2 exams to get admission.
26th April 2015, 08:03 PM
rishab mittal111

Yes , in the last 3 years 12 th class marks is also play a importance role in the rank. It has 60:40 ratio. Mean that the marks you get your entrance exam is taken 60 % and the 40 % marks is taken from your 12 class result after that your final result is made .
So, my dear friend 12 class marks is also very important to get the gudd rank and for get the admission in the gud Niit,s college.
Thanks dear !!!!!
27th April 2015, 09:55 PM
Microsoft_Bangalore

Exclamation Re: Does the percentage of 12th counts for admission in NIT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,

Yes, your 12th Percentage has some weight age to your Entrance exam JEE. Because Now the pattern for the JEE has changed a lot. Now, not only the JEE marks will be counted bit, 12th Grade percentage will also be counted. So, you need to be well in both the JEE as well as in 12th Grade.
27th April 2015, 11:29 PM
rrooxx

Yes the percentage of your 10+2 marks will also be affect the admission in NIT because admission in NIT is based on the jee rank if your rank or percentage is better then you will selected in NIT for admission
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?