27th May 2018, 06:29 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to appear in NEET for GSEB student?

Hello everyone, I am now promoted to 12th standard which I am doing from GSEB Board. I have taken Science and my aim is to study MBBS course. So, I would like to know that I can give NEET as I am a GSEB student? Kindly tell me about the eligibility criteria.

28th May 2018, 11:48 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in NEET for GSEB student?

NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and it is held by CBSE once every year for admission in undergraduate medical degree course across any medical colleges of India except AIIMS and JIPMER.

--> The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in NEET are as following :-

i) You must be an Indian citizen with your age not lying under 17 years by the 31st December of that year in which you are going to appear in NEET. Also, your age should not exceed 25 years by the date of examination. Age relaxation is allowed for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

ii) You must have completed your Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects with at least 50% marks. Marks relaxation upto 10% is allowed for reserved category candidates.

So, being a student of GSEB you are eligible for appearing in NEET if you hold above qualifications.

For more details regarding NEET eligibility, you can refer to the link www.cbseneet.nic.in.
28th May 2018, 02:58 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

NEET is conducted by CBSE for admission in medical courses.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed or appearing for 12th board from a recognised board.

Candidate must have passed 12th in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology or Biotechnology as main paper.

Candidate must have scored minimum 50% in board examination.

Candidates with above qualification are eligible to appear for examination.

For more details visit at www.cbseneet.nic.in
28th May 2018, 08:04 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You need to have class 12th qualification from a recognized board with PCB stream to become eligible for NEET. GSEB is a recognized board, hence no need to worry.

Just make sure you have got at least 50% marks in your PCB stream. Admission will be on the basis of marks in class 12th and NEET taken together.
28th May 2018, 08:42 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to appear in NEET:

Candidate must have passed 12th standard with PCB from a recognised board with minimum 50% marks and relaxation of 5% is given to reserved students.

A candidate must have minimum age of 17 years and maximum should not exceed 25 years whereas relaxation of 5 years is given to SC and ST students and 3 years to OBC students.
28th May 2018, 11:44 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible to apply for NEET even after being a student of GSEB board. You must have passed 12th from any stream. Appearing candidates are also eligible to apply.
Your age should not less than 17 years.
29th May 2018, 12:15 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

NEET is National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test and it is conducted by CBSE for admission in medical courses.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main paper with minimum 50%.

So, if you have above qualification you are eligible to appear for examination. The 2018 examination is over.

So, you have to wait for the next year to appear for examination.
29th May 2018, 06:55 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

NEET Eligibility:

Age: Minimum she / he has completed 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December of the year of his or her admission to the MBBS course and is an Indian national.

The upper age limit for NEET is 25 years as on 31st December and the upper age limit shall be relaxed by a period of 5 years for SC/ST/OBC.

A candidate must have completed 12th standard with PCB with minimum 50% marks for general category, 45% marks for GEN PH, 40% marks for other categories.

No state eligibility criteria will be applicable the students who take admission under 15% all India quota scheme.

Maximum of three attempts are given.
30th May 2018, 04:00 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NEET refers to National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and same is a national level entrance examination held for offering admission in undergraduate medical degree course across any government and private medical college across India except AIIMS and JIPMER.

--> As far as you are concerned about the eligibility of NEET for GSEB student then it is same as that for any other board student which are mentioned below :-

i) You must hold the nationality of India with your age lying within 17 years by the 31st December of that year in which you are going to appear in the same examination. Also, your age should not exceed 25 years by the date of entrance examination. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

ii) You must have completed your Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects with at least 50% marks in PCB group subjects from a recognized board. Marks relaxation upto 10% is allowed for reserved category candidates.

For more details regarding NEET eligibility, you can refer to the link www.cbseneet.nic.in.
30th May 2018, 06:10 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

NEET stands for National Eligibility Entrance Cum Test.

Those candidate who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subject are eligible for NEET. At 10+2 level you need to secure minimum 50% of marks in PCB subjects together.

Your age should be 17 years.
30th May 2018, 08:03 PM
PRASHANT8149
Senior Member+

Eligibility to appear in NEET for GSEB student :
  1. Candidate must have passed 12th class board examination with minimum 50% marks. Also there is relaxation of 10% marks for SC/ST and OBC candidates. 5% relaxation is also there for Physically Handicapped candidates.
  2. Candidate must have passed the 12th board examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology with English.
  3. NIOS or State Open School candidates are not eligible for NEET.

So, you are eligible for NEET exam after you complete your 12th class with above mentioned criteria.
30th May 2018, 10:38 PM
EASY EMI
Senior Member+

NEET refers to National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and the basic qualifications required for appearing in NEET for candidates of all board of education are as here under :-

i) You must be an Indian candidate.

ii) Your age must lie within 17 years to 25 years. Age relaxation is allowed for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

iii) You must have completed your Class 12th in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects with at least 50% marks from a recognized board of education. Marks relaxation upto 10% is allowed for reserved category candidates.

30th May 2018, 11:43 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility to appear for NEET is that candidate must have passed or pursuing 12th in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main paper.

Candidate must have scored minimum 50% in board examination.

Candidates after qualifying in entrance test will become eligible to get admission in the MBBS course.

MBBS is Bachelor in Medicine and Bachelor in Surgery and it is a five year duration course.
31st May 2018, 10:50 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.

The eligibility criteria for NEET exam:

>>Candidate must have done or appearing for board exam of 12th from a recognized board. Physics, Chemistry and Biology are necessary.

>>Minimum of 50% marks in board exam is required.

You can appear for NEET exam from GSEB if you meet above two criteria.
29th August 2019, 02:05 AM
Ujjaval Chaudhary

Hi i have passed 12th science from GSEB and at that time we have 4 semester of 11th and 12th science and I have got 42.17%(506/1200) in physics, chemistry & biology including all 4 semester and I'm from ST category so can I eligible for NEET 2020???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?