17th February 2023, 10:53 AM
Unregistered

How can i become a collector? What to be taken after class 10?

Respected sir, I am a student of class 8 and I have a question that " FROM WHICH CLASS SHOULD I START STUDYING ? AND WHAT SHOULD BE TAKEN AFTER CLASS 10,i.e.,SCIENCE,COMMERCE OR ARTS?".

18th February 2023, 06:14 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can i become a collector? What to be taken after class 10?

To become Collector, you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination.

The examination is conducted by UPSC. The eligibility to apply for the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

You are now in std 8th, so I do not think you should start preparing for Civil Service examination as per it's syllabus now but it will be better if you start inclining your interest in current affairs, world affairs and start making your view point on various topics of international affairs, political affairs, environment etc.

Note :- Start reading newspaper and making notes of important topics. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
18th February 2023, 07:20 PM
Antonio 2023

After Class 10, you need to complete your Class 12 education in any stream - Science, Commerce or Arts - from a recognized board.

You need to complete a Bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Any stream is acceptable, but a degree in Political Science, Public Administration, or Law is preferred.

To become a collector in India, you need to clear the Civil Services Examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). This examination is conducted in three stages - Preliminary, Mains, and Interview.

Once you clear the Civil Services Examination, you need to undergo training at the Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration (LBSNAA) in Mussoorie, Uttarakhand. This training program prepares you for the role of a collector and provides you with the necessary skills and knowledge.
18th February 2023, 10:16 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

To become a collector, you need to qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year and for appearing in the same examination, the minimum education required is a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

So, you can opt for any stream as per your strength and interest for pursuing your higher secondary school degree and then graduation degree later on as the stream of academic degree does not matter as far as the eligibility for appearing in Civil Services Examination and therefore for becoming a collector is concerned.

For complete details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
21st February 2023, 02:34 PM
Sona_kshi
Banned

For becoming collector you need to complete your graduation degree in any stream so you can choose any subject in your 12th class.you have to choose physics, chemistry and mathematics in 12th standard because it will help you in your aim of being a collector in future.

The full details about the eligibility requirements of collector are mentioned below.

Eligibility criteria:

The candidate should be a citizen of India.

The age limit is 21 - 40 years. There is 3 years age relaxation for OBC, 5 years for SC/ ST.

The candidate should complete their graduation in any stream with a fair percentage from any recognized university or institute.

After completing graduation you need to apply for the civil service exam conducted by the UPSC.

The exam has 3 levels preliminary, mains and a personal interview if you clear all these rounds then you'll be appointed as a collector.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?