5th June 2020, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

How can I become strong in English writing and communication?

Hello Sir, I am weak in English and I am studying in 9th standard with MPBSE. I want to become strong in English writing and communication. I would like to know what I have to do to become strong in English writing and communication?

10th June 2020, 11:32 AM
Rohan221994

Default Re: How can I become strong in English writing and communication?

Read English articles as much as you can.
You must be having English as a subject, read the chapters from the text book. That English is easier.
If you are not from English medium, buy or borrow books from English medium and read and try to translate in your language. So also try translating sentences from your language to English.
Read novels like e.g. of adventure like Tom Sawyer, Black Beauty, Heidi etc. By that you will get to 'feel' English culture. Else you can read about your favourite subject written in English e.g. if you are interested movies or t v actors, you can read articles written about them in English or if you are religious person and know much about religion, try reading the same religious book in English.(I would follow this method) Thus similarly you can read about an article in English on any of your favourite topic which you know well.
If you have internet access, use google translator and check sentences getting translated from your language to English. Try with easier first and then proceed to longer ones.
As another method of exercise, take a sentence in your language, translate each word of the sentence in English and try rearranging the words to make it legible sentence.

Behind all this, trust me, was my will power. I was very weak at English till 10th standard and there was no one to guide me. None in my family was well versed in English. It took me time and I had determination and what I did was read and read. I followed the procedures which I told you. I had determination and therefore my attention was more to my goal and therefore what happens is you unknowingly absorb that thing. When I would read other article, I would recollect from what I had read earlier and my understanding would grow. And now, even though I am from a middle-class Hindu Maharashtrian family, my English skills are much better than my friends and people of my level and they praise my English skills and I am also able to talk with affluent persons.

So my friend, have that determination and set forth.

All the best !!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?