9th June 2015, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

How can I calculate percentage of 10th ICSE Board exam if only grades are mentioned?

Hello,
Yesterday my daughter have collected her 10th ICSE result from her school where it is given subject wise marks as a Grade but ICSE did not mention from which percentage of marks to which percentage is being considered as Grade 'A'/B/C etc. Why? Or atleast they should be given at the back side of the Grade Sheet in details so that student would have come to know about their Marks approximately against the Grade given. For e.g., Grade A means 90% -100%, Grade B means 80% - 90% etc. ICSE not even mentioned the total percentage of marks, so it is very difficult for student as well as parents to know the actual how much percentage of marks have been scored by their children. Is there any other way?

11th June 2015, 05:54 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How can I calculate percentage of 10th ICSE Board exam if only grades are mentioned?

You must go to the Official Website of the ICSE Board.
The link for the results of this year is:
http://www.cisce.org/Results/Result/ViewResult
Once you go this link you must give all the necessary details and you will be shown your result with marks in each and every subject.
Once you get the marks to get the percentage you must add the marks obtained in English and from the rest of the subjects you must choose the best 4 subjects and the percentage so obtained will be your percentage.
13th June 2015, 03:03 PM
Hexaware chennai

Thumbs up Re: How can I calculate percentage of 10th ICSE Board exam if only grades are mentioned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
Yesterday my daughter have collected her 10th ICSE result from her school where it is given subject wise marks as a Grade but ICSE did not mention from which percentage of marks to which percentage is being considered as Grade 'A'/B/C etc. Why? Or atleast they should be given at the back side of the Grade Sheet in details so that student would have come to know about their Marks approximately against the Grade given. For e.g., Grade A means 90% -100%, Grade B means 80% - 90% etc. ICSE not even mentioned the total percentage of marks, so it is very difficult for student as well as parents to know the actual how much percentage of marks have been scored by their children. Is there any other way?

Yes, you are right, there should be some Formula on the Back side of the Marks Statement that must be helpful to the Parents to understand the Actual Percentage of their ward. So, you can do one thing as this is a very basic to be done to calculate approx percentage but no the actual one.Since, Grade A means that your ward has Secured more than 90%+ and similarly for B Grade it is between 80% to 90% and for c it is between 70% to 80% and for D it is between 60% to 70 % and E is for Fail.
20th February 2018, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How can I calculate percentage of 10th ICSE Board exam if only grades are mentioned?

I am a board examinee and I want to know one thing. The ICSE marks percentage are calculated on which five subjects?five out of six or five out of the ten subjects that we study?
3rd March 2018, 02:31 PM
Unregistered

Do icse consider the calculation of the best five subjects for the year 2018.i have heard from others that icse does not take the best of 5 sub for 2018 examination. Please give answer to my question.
14th May 2018, 09:31 AM
Unregistered

What is the minimum marks given for student out of 20 marks in practical or project
17th May 2018, 12:15 PM
BARUN809
Junior Member+

Thumbs up Re: How can I calculate percentage of 10th ICSE Board exam if only grades are mentioned?

You can calculate the percentage on the basis of best 4 subjects . Here is the list of grade systems : 1) 90% above - A+ , 2) 60 to 75 % - B+ , 3) 76 to 89% - A .
10th September 2018, 02:17 PM
Unregistered

Can i apply best five percentage marks in ICSE including computer applications subject.....i want clarification because on some sites it was written that computer apllication marks is not added because it is a group 3 subject.
Please send me the clarificarion as soon as possible.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?