17th May 2015, 03:43 PM
Unregistered

Whether the percentage of 9th added in 10th Board result?

Sir,
I have not secured good marks in class 9 SA. But my question is that will that marks affect class 10th result? Will some percent of class 9 marks will add to class 10th Board result? If yes what percentage will be added?
Please reply soon for this great help i will always be grateful to you.
Thank you!

18th May 2015, 01:35 AM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Whether the percentage of 9th added in 10th Board result?

No 9th class marks are not added in 10th standard results, because 10th standard exams are conducted by Board while 9th class exams are conducted by own school so now just focus on your 10th class board exams
9th class marks doesn't affects 10th class results
18th May 2015, 10:13 AM
savneybillford

Default Re: Whether the percentage of 9th added in 10th Board result?

Marks of 9th grade are used only as a gate pass to 10th grade and also to test your understanding of the subjects in 9th. So ultimately you have to prove yourself again in your 10th grade as none of the percentage of 9th marks are added up. You may observe the same in your 9th marks sheet. Is any percentage of your 8th standard added in it? No right? Similarly the marks of 9th won't be taken into account.
18th May 2015, 12:29 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

No dear actually percentage of marks in 9th standard will not be added to the Class X results. So you don't worry about the percentage of Class IX.

But you need to score good marks in X standard. Otherwise you will have very few opportunities to get admission in Top Schools for XI.

In fact the actual percentage of X standard depends on the Total marks obtained in all subjects. More over you have to secure minimum marks in each subject. If you fail in one subject then your percentage will not become " Distinction " on your certificate.

So you have to concentrate on each and every subject with equal importance. Some subjects have Two papers and Additional questions like " Fill in the Blanks " and it is a Scoring way in X standard.

I hope you will understand the information which was given by me. So hope you will get good marks in X. There is No requirement of percentage of IX for SSC.
18th May 2015, 05:22 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

You have not mentioned the Board that you study in or you have given your Examination in.
If you are from the ICSE or the State run Boards then you will have no problem as they do not add the Class 9 marks and only the Class 10 marks is considered.
If you are from the CBSE Board though then you your Class 9 marks will be added to the Class 10 marks that will be given to you.
The new CBSE rules have made this change so it will affect you percentage a bit.
Almost 30% marks is added from Class 9 this is the norm and if you are from the CBSE Board then you will have to just sit and wait for the final results to be declared.
18th May 2015, 06:29 PM
james hettfield
Member+

The marks obtained in class IX are not at all included or not even mentioned in your class X result.
The marks obtained in these two classes are not at all related. So if you have not got good marks in class IX, then you should not lose hope and start working on your class X from right now only so that you can get good marks in class X and those marks are the marks which matters the most.
18th May 2015, 07:08 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

No. It does not add with your 10th marks. So, don't worry about that. Try to secure more marks in your 10th examination because it will be considered in your future placements.
18th May 2015, 07:33 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, the 9th class percentage will not be added to 10th Board examination results. The 10th class Board examination marks are based upon your performance in Class 10th Board examinations and they are not related to your 9th class marks. So, I suggest you to not to worry about your 9th standard examination marks and try to concentrate on 10th standard board examinations, so, that you can score good marks in your 10th class Board examinations.
18th May 2015, 09:38 PM
Patri Suma

The percentage in 9th has absolutely no impact on your 10th Board examinations. Even though some subjects may be carried over from 9th standard to the 10th (e.g. English Literature in ICSE), the marks you score in 9th have no impact on your 10th board results. It depends purely on your internal assessment scores and your Board examination scores.
18th May 2015, 10:10 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

No, the marks of class 9 will not affect your class 10th result. In modern India. almost all boards of education including the state boards have separated 9th and 10th standards. So the result or performance in 9th standard will not be carried over to 10th and hence there will not be any effect of 9th on 10th. However, you should take your class 9's result seriously and must study with more dedication to do well in tenth standard.
28th August 2015, 04:57 PM
Unregistered

sir i am studing in kendriya vidyalaya (cbse) will my class9 percentage effect my class10
31st August 2015, 12:03 AM
newmoon06

No , the marks of class 9th are not added to the marks sheet of class 10th and will not affect the marks sheet of class 10th. The syllabus of class 9th and 10th are different . The syllabus of class 9th is not come in exams of class 10th.

If you study well in class 9th then, you will get good marks and your study will effect to get good marks in class 10th.
22nd September 2015, 01:20 AM
Unregistered

Sir i am studing in green land public school (cbse) will my class ix marks effect my class x marks
30th March 2016, 09:28 AM
Unregistered

Dear Sir/Madam,
I have completed 9th CBSE class. The class teacher told that in Class 10 results, the score of 9th marks will have impact.
Can you please tell me the calculation model of final 10th class with impact of 9th class marks.

Thank you
Deepak
9th July 2016, 06:58 PM
Unregistered

Class 9th class marks added in 10th cbse board in year 2016-17, please reply me.
29th January 2017, 12:30 PM
Unregistered

I have got commercial applications as optional in class 9(ICSE) but I want to study computer science in future. Will it affect?
25th February 2017, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

CBSE 9th class 2017 their started new rules that 10th class chapter 1 and 2 all subject come 9th SA 2 It right Or Wrong information ?
13th June 2017, 11:35 PM
Unregistered

Are the marks of 9th class are going to be added this year 2017. Yes are no please reply me soon does they affect my gpa in 10th std...
21st May 2018, 09:37 AM
Unregistered

Sir I am studying 9th going to 10th class cce my 9th class marks 83 pecentage the marks affect on 10th gpa please sir tell me my parents asks to get 10/10 gpa in sri kakatiya merit school bhimavaram
20th July 2018, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

Someone told me that in boards of class 10 the paper comes of only 70 marks out of 100 and 30 marks in each subject is added by the teacher according to the class performance of student in class 9
24th May 2019, 11:47 PM
Unregistered

I am from banasthali board.....what percentage of my class ninth would be added to my class tenth result.......answer me ASAP
26th May 2019, 01:17 AM
Quiz Master

No , your 9th class result is not going to be added in your 10th Class. 9th Class exams are conducted by the schools but 10th exams are conducted by respective boards.
24th January 2023, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

which subjects to choose in ICSE syllabus at 9th and 10th standard?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?