26th April 2015, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

How can I prepare to get command on Chemistry for 10th ICSE Board exam?

Hello Sir,
I am very weak in Chemistry. I don't
know very much related to Chemical
Compositions and many more.
Can you tell me sir how I get command
on Chemistry? I am studying in 10th ICSE
and next year I have a Board exam.
Please help me.

3rd May 2015, 02:32 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I prepare to get command on Chemistry for 10th ICSE Board exam?

First of all you need to always be positive and think in a positive manner.

Secondly, always remember that thinking alone is not the solution to any problem, you should bring it practically and try to implement things in real life rather than to just thinking over it and wasting your precious time.

However, below I have mentioned the names of some books and some preparation tips which will enable you to score well in your boards.

Kindly try to follow them and I am sure you will score quite well enough in your boards.

Here I have mentioned the names of some guide books for 10th ICSE Chemistry.

Kindly have a look at it.

> ICSE Self Study in Science

> Simplified ICSE Chemistry for 10th class by "Dalal V. J."

> Chemistry Science For Class - X (Part -2) by Lakhmir Sing ,Manjit Kaur

> Simplified Icse Chemistry For Std. X by Dalal V. J. Dr.

> Organic Chemistry, by Morrison Boyd

> ABC Chemistry, by Arihant & Pradeep

> Rudiments of Chemistry-MCQ type.

> Chemistry books, by V.J. Dalal

> Concise Chemistry ICSE for class X(part II), by S.P. Singh

Here are some basic tips for the preparation of ICSE 10th and to secure more than 85% :

Choosing of proper study material.

Studying a number of books for the preparation of ICSE board is not the exact way of preparing.

Often people have a misconception that referring many books at a time proves to be helpful, but in actual if the preparation is made by selecting fewer but right books for preparation proves to be helpful for aspirants.

Students should choose books that cover entire ICSE 10th 2016 syllabus and as per 2016 pattern.

Prepare a proper Time Table.

You should prepare a proper time table for your studies and allocate your time accordingly to your weakness and strengths regarding subjects.

A proper time table can prove to be very effective for you to score well in your exam.

Solve previous year papers.

Solving previous year papers is the most important if you want to score well in 10th boards.

You can solve sample papers for ICSE 10th 2016, it will provide you an insight idea of the pattern, marking type and time duration. Solve as much as Mock papers as you can as solving these papers will give you an idea about the actual examination paper.

Stay Healthy and mentally fit.

On top of all never forget to keep up well with your health as it is the basis of all necessities.

There is an old saying "Health is Wealth" which is very true. So keep yourself mentally and physically fit all the while.

Try to take some time out for yourself apart from studies and feel relaxed, do things that keeps your mind and body relaxed.

Quick Tips for ICSE 10th 2016 Preparation:

1. Prepare a list of important formulae in each chapter.

2. Note the tips for quick solutions of problems.

3. Make daily or weekly targets and note it down and act accordingly.

4. Revise the syllabus as per study plan.

5. Make time table and distributive time and hence aim to achieve it.

6. Solve previous year questions.

7. Have proper sleep and proper diet.
3rd May 2015, 11:24 AM
taherrocks
Senior Member+

Default Re: How can I prepare to get command on Chemistry for 10th ICSE Board exam?

The only way to cope up with your chemistry portion is mugging it up and then after go for some mock test and judge yourself that where you stand and identify the mistake work on it and again give the mock test, give atleast 4 to 5 mock test then you will be able to get a good grip over the subject. After finishing your lesson try to solve last 10 years question papers that will improve your answer writing.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?