31st December 2016, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

How to correct my incorrectly mentioned DOB in school records?

I am studying in class 10th. My actual date of birth is 3-11-2000. But in a school record is 3-8-2000, which is written on TC. Now I want to change DOB, according to birthday certificate as 3-11-2000. My parent visited to the school principal with application and BC with Aadhaar card, but principal not accepted these application. What should I do? Please help.

31st December 2016, 07:21 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to correct my incorrectly mentioned DOB in school records?

To get your Date of Birth corrected in your school records, you need to contact your school principal and inform them about the DOB correction by carrying required proofs. Mostly, the school will make the changes in your DOB correctly. If does not correct your DOB then, you can directly contact the respective state education board and request for DOB correction in Marks Sheets. They will accept your request and correct your DOB in Marks sheets.
31st December 2016, 08:01 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

In order to correct your Date of Birth in School records, you must have to contact to the Principal of the respective School. Write an application to the Principal that your Date of Birth is incorrect and you want to correct it out and give some proof of your birth date along with your application. Your problem will be solved soon.
31st December 2016, 08:13 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

You must reach the principal to get the correction along with birth certificate and aadhar card as it is the responsibility of school for correction.

But, if the school has forwarded the previous details to board then you have to visit the board along with birth certificate and aadhar card for correction before the release of admit card.

It can also be corrected ( new admit card will be issued ) if admit card contains wrong information.
31st December 2016, 08:26 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

You will have to write an application to your board. You can visit any regional center of your education board and submit the application for correction of date of birth along with supporting document which is birth certificate.

Sometimes it is typing error by board, it will be rectified within 30 days. You will receive new certificates with correct date of birth. There is nominal fee for issue of new certificates which you will required to pay as suggested by Regional Education centre of your board.
31st December 2016, 09:51 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To correct your incorrectly mentioned Date of Birth in School records, you have to take Birth Certificate from Municipal Corporation and submit it as a proof of Date of Birth to change your DOB in school records. As you are saying your principal is not accepting the application, I suggest you to ask him what you need to do the change the DOB in school records. You can also directly go to state education board like SSC, SSLC, etc., for change of DOB correction in school records.
23rd January 2017, 01:33 AM
Unregistered

I had given wrong dob in school of my child 8 years back and now I want to get it corrected how should I proceed
I had given wrong information as child was 2 months short of required age
4th May 2018, 09:52 AM
Unregistered

How to correct the DOB of 10th admit card...and the admit card has been released...now what to do..
11th August 2018, 11:59 AM
Unregistered

My question is that I have given wrong birth certificate in school in addition time now she is in fourth class and now I want to submit orignal birth certificate in school to change date of birth
7th September 2018, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

My question is that I have given wrong birth certificate in school in addition time now she is in fourth class and now I want to submit orignal birth certificate in school to change date of birth
2nd August 2019, 06:18 PM
Unregistered

Write an application to the principal to correct the date of birth in identity card
26th September 2019, 12:18 PM
Unregistered

I am in class 9 and my DOB is incorrect according to my birth certificate
11th October 2019, 09:41 AM
Unregistered

My question is that I have given wrong birth certificate in school in addition time now he is in 8 class and now I want to submit orignal birth certificate in school to change date of
3rd December 2019, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

My daughter actual date of birth is 10 dec 2007 when I admitted my daughter in class 3 in government school west Bengal board in 2015 principal said that her age is not applicable for this class.than I had asked to principal what can I do, principal had suggested me u should be a prepared a affidavit from court and submit to school. Than expected for addition my daughter. Now my daughter is studying in class 7 in kv school and want to change child date of birth, what is the procedure?
10th January 2022, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

My brother dob is 27-01-2008 but during the change of school in tc they wrote 2007 instead of 2008 ,when we asked principal about that he said if u want correction in dob than my brother have to again study in class 8.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?