18th February 2014, 11:55 AM
dianamorales

How to be a Successful Novelist right from school days?

So after graduating from creative writing and while waiting for your big break what do you do? How do you earn a living? I don't want to wait till me graduation for it but wanna be that from my school days itself.

1st March 2014, 08:34 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to be a Successful Novelist right from school days?

To become a successful novelist you need to have a good knowledge and grasp over the words of the language in which you want to write.

For example if you want to write in English you need to know a lot of English words that means you need to have a very strong vocabulary. For this you have to read and read a lot.When you always read whatever you get you will learn many new words which will build your vocabulary.

But remember while reading when you do not understand any word or you come across a new word you must look in the dictionary its meaning and how its being used in writing.this will really help you. One more thing you can do is write everyday.

Write as many new articles everyday as you can for magazines newspapers and short stories and try to get them published in the children section of the newspapers or children’s magazines.

This way you will gain experience in writing also some your articles will get published. But remember one thing you will have to work very hard to get to the top. As you said you want to become a successful novelist.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?