7th November 2019, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

Is it mandatory to take additional subject in West Bengal Board Higher Secondary course?

Hi, I am studying in 10th standard West Bengal Board school. I would like to know that in West Bengal Board, taking additional subjects is mandatory in Higher Secondary course? I have to take an additional subject in Higher Secondary or not?

8th November 2019, 02:52 PM
EduXpert

Default Re: Is it mandatory to take additional subject in West Bengal Board Higher Secondary course?

Yes, the additional subject is definitely compulsory and you have to choose any one of them according to your interests. You need to study the minimum number of subjects in class 12 and for that, you need to take such subjects.

Normally those additional subjects don't have a heavy syllabus and you can easily score good marks in it. So, it should not have any effect on your studies.
8th November 2019, 04:44 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is it mandatory to take additional subject in West Bengal Board Higher Secondary course?

The West Bengal board of higher secondary course comprises of six subjects in which five are main subjects and one is an optional subject. Yes, optional subject is mandatory and an important part of the course. You have no choice than to choose one.
1st December 2020, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

I am currently at class 9 but will be promoted to 10 and we have an application form in which we have to choose a optional subject. I have interest in Musical instruments and computer application, so I want to know about the course of these subjects.
15th March 2022, 09:48 PM
Unregistered

Is it compulsory to give the optional paper in madhyamik pariksh?
26th March 2022, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

is it mandatory to give additional subject examination in secondary examination ?
4th June 2022, 11:24 AM
Unregistered

Is it compulsory to take additional subject in WB Madhyamik (Cl- X ) Board exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?