13th July 2017, 07:46 PM
Unregistered

Is math a good option or should I take biotechnology?

I am in 11th grade right now. I have opted for PCMB. I want to become a medical scientist that is research work. Is math a right option or I should take biotechnology or nether of the two math or biotechnology is required?

14th July 2017, 02:23 PM
raziaexpert
Banned

Default Re: Is math a good option or should I take biotechnology?

You should in that case go for Bio-Technology as there plenty of things to learn and to expand, moreover research work is more to be seen in this field as various institutions are researching in this field to gather new informations and to find somehinh new to advance human as well aa wildlife.

So, if you are inclined towards research work, I would suggest you to go for Bio-Technology rather than mathematics.
14th July 2017, 09:23 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in 11th grade right now. I have opted for PCMB. I want to become a medical scientist that is research work. Is math a right option or I should take biotechnology or nether of the two math or biotechnology is required?
Mathematics is compulsory for Biotechnology course.

Those candidates who have completed 12th with PCM from a recognized board are eligible for B.Tech/B.E in Biotechnology.

Your age should be above 16 years.
14th July 2017, 10:54 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Maths is a very important subject these days. If you opt for maths, then surely it will help you in future. Hence, you should go for it instead of biotechnology.

If you are already studying biology, then no need to opt for biotechnology subject. For becoming successful in any field, you need to get admission at a reputed university first.
15th July 2017, 10:13 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

As you have opted PCMB (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology) stream, you can get the scope into

>> Biology

>> Mathematics

>> Physics

>> Chemistry fields

So you may choose to go with Biotechnology stream or Mathematics stream. If you are really interested in Mathematics subject, then I would suggest you to go with B.E/ B.Tech course or on the other side, if you like you may even pursue B.E/ B.Tech in Biotechnology stream.

But I can say that there is equal scope for Biotechnology as well as in Mathematics stream. You are required to do Post Graduation in Medical field in order to be eligible for becoming Medical Science.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?