12th April 2016, 02:15 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to appear in JEE Main if qualify Physics and Chemistry from CBSE and Maths from NIOS?

Sir,
I have completed my 12th at CBSE Board. But I have got only 40 marks in Mathematics. I couldn't write the Improvement exam in succeeding year due to medical problems. So I went for NIOS on demand exam for Maths only and I have got 86 marks. Now I have 2 different certificates which are from CBSE and NIOS(Maths only). I would like to know the can I write JEE Main as I have qualify Physics and Chemistry from CBSE Board and Maths from NIOS?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for 12th NIOS Board exam in this Summer if already appeared from UP Board?
  2. Can I get admission in any good engineering college after completing 12th CBSE Compartmental exam? Does it create problem at the time of placement? Which is better for me between CBSE Compartmental exam and NIOS exam?
  3. Can I appear in JEE Main 2016 from NIOS board?
  4. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main & Advanced and EAMCET if qualified in Compartmental exams of 12th NIOS? Can I get admission in any Engineering college of Andhra Pradesh without any entrance exam?
  5. Can I get admission in 12th NIOS after completing 10th CBSE? Eligibility to appear in JEE Main & Advanced if pursuing 12th NIOS?
  6. Best books for JEE Main and Advanced 2016
  7. How can I join in IIT after passing 10th class?
  8. Can I give JEE Main next year if appear in Maths compartmental?
  9. Best objective books for Maths, Physics and Chemistry to score good rank in JEE Main?
  10. Can i appear for JEE MAIN with 80% in 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main being an NIOS candidate? Whether the subjects enlisted for JEE Main is as per NIOS Board?
  12. Value of NIOS education board certificate for IIT JEE examination?
  13. Will I be eligibile for JEE MAINS 2016?
  14. Eligibility to appear in JEE Main & Advanced for 12th NIOS student?
  15. Can I crack JEE just by studying Maths and Physics?
  16. Can I get admission in IIT to study B.Tech after completing 12th NIOS?
  17. Weightage of NIOS marks in JEE Main?
  18. Eligibility to appear in JEE Main and study B.Tech for 12th NIOS candidate?
13th April 2016, 10:56 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to appear in JEE Main if qualify Physics and Chemistry from CBSE and Maths from NIOS?

To be eligible to appear in JEE Main examination, you must have completed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board.

You can appear in JEE Main examination only as a CBSE Board student and your Mathematics subject certificate which is obtained from NIOS Board is not useful for getting seat in NIT/IIT, since, you have passed all remaining subjects from CBSE Board.
14th April 2016, 01:55 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is it possible to appear in JEE Main if qualify Physics and Chemistry from CBSE and Maths from NIOS?

Yes you can sit in JEE exam. Just fill up the forms and mention only CBSE board there no one going to ask you about your 12th class marks. The main eligibility criteria for JEE is you have a 12th class passing certificate from physics, Chemistry and math’s as primary subjects. You cannot use both the certificates in JEE exam. As per my knowledge there is no use of your NIOS board certificate.
14th April 2016, 08:53 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear for JEE(Main) examination, there is no such problem in it. You just need to keep both the certificates carefully with you or else your candidature can be cancelled.

Therefore, you need not worry about it and just prepare for your entrance examination.
26th May 2016, 08:29 AM
Unregistered

I have no maths in 12 but I give 12maths paper from nios so I give engineering entrance exam
15th February 2022, 01:38 AM
adithyaskrishna2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have no maths in 12 but I give 12maths paper from nios so I give engineering entrance exam
Did you get admission through JEE exam in any college?
5th August 2022, 12:33 PM
Unregistered

I have scored 72% marks in cbse 12 board 2022. I want to give jee mains and advanced in 2023. So I want to give only maths exam from nios board to achieve 75% marks overall. If I achieve 75% marks overall. Will I be eligible to give jee mains and advanced in 2023. I have dout Because I will have marksheet from 2 boards.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?