9th January 2014, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

Promotion to 10th class after failing in 9th?

I have a dubt regarding Pass or fail in 9 th class that If we fail in 9th class we can promote to 10 class?
plz tell yes or no

13th January 2014, 12:56 AM
Support
Forum Staff

Default Re: Promotion to 10th class after failing in 9th?

No ofcourse you won't be promoted to 10th class if you are failed in 9th class. The reason school have minimum pass marks is not to make the students to stay the same class wantedly but to make sure if he/she is eligible to move to the next class.

The subjects in each class will be more tough when moved from one to the other and specifically 10th standard is a very important for a student as the mark which you take will be asked for joining next 11th/12th, college and even when you go for a job.

So, if you are going to take fail mark in 9th class subjects then it's better to prepare one more year in the same class by doing hard work and move to 10th grade and face the public final exam to score good marks.

In some schools they use to pass the students to next 10th grade even if they have failed in 9th class but that makes the student to repeat the same mistakes in 10th and fail in the public exam. So as I said earlier it's better to repeat 9th twice rather going to 10th and failing in the final exam.
3rd May 2018, 02:39 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Promotion to 10th class after failing in 9th?

I have failed in one Subject as mathematics in 9th Class CBSE 2017-18 and all others subjects have obtained good marks now permission to join in 10th Class 2018-19. as per the new rules of CBSE.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?