24th November 2018, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

Requirements to get 8th standard admission in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, Jammu?

Dear Sir, my son is 13 years of age and studying in 7th standard. I want to admit him in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, Jammu in next year. So, I would like to know about the requirements for getting admission in this school for 8th standard. Please help me to know about this. Thank you!

30th November 2018, 12:27 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Requirements to get 8th standard admission in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, Jammu?

Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is a Central government funded school in most of the districts of different states in India.

The entrance examination is conducted for admission in the school. It is a residential school.

Entrance examination is conducted only for admission in Std 6th or Std 9th. Admission in std 11th is on the merit basis.

So, you have to wait till completion of std 8th to get your son admission in std 9th in the school after qualifying in entrance examination.
30th November 2018, 02:49 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Requirements to get 8th standard admission in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, Jammu?

JNV does not conduct entrance examination for admission of candidate in std 8th. So, you are not eligible to get your son admission in std 8th in the school. It is co-ed school.

The candidates are eligible to get admission after qualifying in the entrance examination and it is conducted only for admission in std 6th and 9th. The admission in the school for std 11th is on merit basis.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?