16th April 2011, 12:24 PM
arunsingh022

Which one to choose between state board and CBSE board? Do companies give importance to CBSE board students during selections?

i m really much confused about choosing state board or cbse..in 11th i ws frm cbse n scored 61%. i wanted to know that during placement or in campus selection, does company give much importance to cbse board..
does they see that student is from cbse..
or just they see our %...

Related Questions:
  1. Which one is more better CBSE or State board? Which will be beneficial for placement?
  2. Is it good take admission in different board after completion of 10th or to be in the same board?
  3. Is it good to change board from CBSE to Kerala state while studying in 7th standard? -- [New]
  4. Process to change board in class 10th from CBSE to State Board?
  5. Do companies give preference to students who have passed out the CBSE board?
  6. Possibility to do 12th with CBSE Board after completion of 11th from State Board? Benefits of studying with CBSE Board?
  7. Is it right to give preference to Maharashtra State Board instead of CBSE?
  8. Is it difficult to study 11th Science of CBSE Board? Benefits to prepare for JEE Main & Advanced? Which is better among Kerala State Board and CBSE Board?
  9. Which is better between CBSE Board and Bihar Board if completed 10th from CBSE Board?
  10. CBSE students admission to medical colleges in Tamil Nadu?
  11. What are the formalities and advantages/disadvantages to switchover from CBSE board to State board of Gujarat in 11th standard?
  12. CBSE or State Board, which is better to study in 11th Science?
  13. If I give CBSE CCE instead of CBSE Board exams I cannot move to ISC board in 11th?
  14. Is it good for one to transfer from CBSE syllabus to Kerala state syllabus?
  15. Which board to choose between Gujarat Board or CBSE board after 12th?
  16. Which board to choose CBSE or State Board? Can I get better placement in CBSE than Sate Board?
  17. Which Board is better to study Science among PSEB and CBSE?
  18. What should I choose among Private CBSE Board and UP Board if failed in 12th CBSE? Is it a barrier to get admission in B.Tech?
8th June 2011, 02:45 PM
pongapandit

Default Re: Which one to choose between state board and CBSE board? Do companies give importance to CBSE board students during selections?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunsingh022 View Post
i m really much confused about choosing state board or cbse..in 11th i was from cbse n scored 61%. i wanted to know that during placement or in campus selection, does company give much importance to cbse board..
Dear student,
I would like to break the myth that company prefer any board during their recruitment process.Actually they look for handsome academic percentage which are common to be found in CBSE results.On the other hand State board do not give away marks as easily as CBSE, hence student usually prefers CBSE to State boards.

Thank you
14th June 2011, 09:12 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which one to choose between state board and CBSE board? Do companies give importance to CBSE board students during selections?

What mark do you need to get in Tamilnadu Stateboard to get into medical stream in 11th?
1st August 2011, 05:32 PM
Unregistered

what to take in 11th cbse or state board because cbse is very tough and i m an average student ??
3rd August 2011, 12:35 PM
dagamahajan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what to take in 11th cbse or state board because cbse is very tough and i m an average student ??
dear friend
90% of state boards are tougher than cbse as the have a very strict marking. So until or unless your stateboard is in the rest 10% you should opt for cbse board because even an average student can score 75-85% marks in cbse board
and regaurding companies they dont care about your board if your grades are good
students genrally preffer cbse over state board because of its lineant marking and its updated syllabus which helps students in their college.
4th September 2011, 12:35 PM
Unregistered

what is the benefits to give cbse board
21st September 2011, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

what should be opt between cbse x Board exam of cbse x local exam ?
21st September 2011, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

what about the 2011-2012 class x exam which is better school based or cbse based
26th September 2011, 08:44 PM
jayantkumarz48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what about the 2011-2012 class x exam which is better school based or cbse based
1) To go to any other state you must give CBSE board exams. As per a declaration from central board - "For those who are willing to change their board may appear for the central board examination."
2) (interpretation of the declaration) If you give board exams you may not enter any of what is CBSE affiliated ie. If you give central boards you may be kicked outta school and not be re admitted, and you may not enter any schools that have CBSE board affiliation.
3) "Even if you give board, you may continue in your schools, it is compulsory for those who are opting to change their boards, and if you will stay with CBSE, you shall continue, evenif you give the central boards" - Ajmer's CBSE board affiliated sources.

you may very well contact arbitrarily, the schools and senior secondary plus, to confirm the above mentioned informations for yourself, the above mentioned, the first two, are the sources provided in our very own school [Saint Paul's (city name may not be mentioned. You may track my ip as you like.)]. I've confirmed the above mentioned, the first two, from Ajmer's CBSE board affiliated and they informed me that you may give the central boards if you are going to change the board. If you want to stay in CBSE board as is, then also you may give central boards, you shall not be kicked out of CBSE or anything. If you are not giving board then you can not change your board in future.

DISCLAMATION!
(ALL THATS MENTIONED IN THIS COMMENT ARE PERSONALLY SUPPLIED SOURCES AND ARE NOT LIABLE FOR YOUR DECISION-MAKING. USER'S DISCRETION ADVISED! NO CLAIMS ON THE BASIS OF ANY OF WHAT'S MENTIONED IN THIS COMMENT WILL BE ENTERTAINED.)
4th October 2011, 03:48 PM
Unregistered

By which board it is easier to get good marks or selection in IIT?
8th October 2011, 10:58 PM
Unregistered

frm wer i get the time table for SA2 for class10 of year 2011-12
9th October 2011, 01:05 AM
PSEPURNIMA

Quote:
i m really much confused about choosing state board or cbse..in 11th i ws frm cbse n scored 61%. i wanted to know that during placement or in campus selection, does company give much importance to cbse board..
Dear friend
Both state board and Central board have their own benifits but when u r comparing both state board with that of CBSE cbse will be ahead of state syllabus but we will be counted with only second year percentage only in CBSE board while both years marks will carry to our percentage in state board
that is the advantage in state but cbse percentage carries good impression on the student in interview since there is good reasoning abilty in cbse students if we get the chance to take decission between both better to chose CBSE.
9th October 2011, 06:48 PM
Unregistered

You should prefer CBSE. As by it your marks will come very handsome & your English will also be improve. Which will be very helpful in your carrier. thank you.
10th October 2011, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

In M.P. thisyear 2011-2012 for closs there atre two options Board conducted and School based SA-2 exams . Which one should I opt? My school is CBSE affiliated and I am average student with 50% marks in SA-1 exams.Will I be turndout from school if I dont bring good mark? Which board should I opt so that I may not be turned out of school?
29th November 2011, 12:20 PM
sahaja mallarapu

according to me it is better to continue in the cbse only because many of the exams like iit jee, afmc, aieee will have syllabus from cbsc only and it becomes easy if you wish to write any upsc or ps examinations.
and coming to companies or campus placements they wont give any preference to any board they all look for the academic excellence only.
all the best
3rd December 2011, 07:31 PM
gaurav4chs

obviously cbse is better. all competetive exams are based on cbse.
companies consider all the boards equal but it would be better to be in cbse for furthur studies.
15th December 2011, 07:26 PM
Unregistered

My son is studying LKG now. I heard that ICSE is superior to CBSE. Should I opt for ICSE?
16th February 2012, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

Many people say that state board is better than Cbse in engineering as many colleges inTN only look on %.Cbse results come one week later than s.board.so Iam confused in choosing which board in XI.please help
22nd February 2012, 05:53 PM
Unregistered

i chose external board in 11th.but now i am in cbse.i want to know whether i can stay in cbse itself or should go out?
1st March 2012, 11:16 PM
Unregistered

In GSEB from which std semister system applied?
19th April 2012, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

nw i hav jus cmpleted my 10th in cbse now...shall i continue in cbse or shall i change state board??? i also want to do my engineering in nit trichy...so which board will be useful ??
24th April 2012, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

I'M cofused between two wheather haryana board or cbse board what should i take ????????????????
20th May 2012, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

Now I'm studied in a CBSE school(8th standard) which does not have a good support among any foundations coarse, my parents, are willed to make me join in a state board school which gives foundation classes to IIT-JEE........ What shall I choose?
21st May 2012, 05:50 PM
bantidas

Talking Re: Which one to choose between state board and CBSE board? Do companies give importance to CBSE board students during selections?

Quote:
Confused Aspirant,

It happens with all the students at one age or the other.

But you should not confuse yourself. State board will help you in getting jobs in that particular state but the CBSE is a central board so you will be getting jobs throughout the country on the basis of that. The same applies for the selection in colleges around the country.

There is only one reason for you to join State Board.

Let me give you some statistics that will prove that Gujarat Board is better than CBSE board...

Total no of students who gave the CBSE Std XII Exams were 7,70,000 in 2011.

You can refer to:

http://cbse.nic.in/PRE%20EXAM%20PRESS%20NOTE%202011.pdf

There is a 10% increase every year so the year 2012 will have 8,50,000 students, i.e. 30,000 per state on an average for

both streams together, out of which students opting for Medical would be approximately 30% or 10000.

On the other hand:

Total Gujarat Board students appearing in 2012 for Class 12th Exams were 1,12,000 out of which biology stream students were

approximately 26,000. Total No of seats in medical in Gujarat are 1900 out of which 50% are reserved.
So approximately 1000 seats are open for merit, out of which 100 (10%) is reserved for CBSE quota.

Probability for CBSE vs Guj Board student to get admission in Medical is as follows:

Assuming % students passing in both boards are nearly equal (@ 70%)

CBSE: 100/9000*100 = 1.1%
Guj Board: 900/26000*100 = 3.5%

Thus, Guj Board student has 3.5 times better chance to get admission in MBBS compared to CBSE student.

So having both the results in hand decide accordingly...!!!

Thank You...!!
28th May 2012, 08:11 AM
Unregistered

I have got 90% marks in X under CBSE. Which is better to choose for class XI admission - CBSE Board or Maharashtra Board? Which is scoring one? Is there any change in the syllabus level? What would be the prospects of getting admission in Engineering Colleges under CBSE/Maharashtra State Board? Pl.clear my confusion.
28th May 2012, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

hai i have completed 10th in cbse with 90% which board can i prefer either cbse or state board of tamil nadu ?
1st June 2012, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

Does it matters for companies if one passes 10th from cbse and do 12th from haryana board
3rd June 2012, 04:43 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Arrow Re: Which one to choose between state board and CBSE board? Do companies give importance to CBSE board students during selections?

Go with CBSE if you had earlier studies in CBSE upto 10th.
Because the pattern and syllabus would be little bit different from State Board.
So, I think you may face some difficulty.
Hence, I would recommend you to go with CBSE.
17th July 2012, 11:10 AM
Neerajtiwari779

Hi frend,
The people who take interviw does not give much preference to board. They mostly prefer your view and exylence and virble quality, the next is your percentage and last is your board. Actualy no one will see your board once you are with graduation degree. The mater will be your university now.
If you are asking for one betwen them beter go with CBSE as it is wide open patern based board which help in higher studies.

Good luck
17th July 2012, 12:54 PM
lakshmi dhana

Hello,i suggest you to go with CBSE . The speciality of CBSE is that you will get a chance to learn subjects more practically than theoritically..This would help you to crack various entrance exams for different PUBLIC SECTOR UNITS like SAIL,ONGC,IOCL,BHEL,HP,BP,etc
17th July 2012, 01:00 PM
lakshmi dhana

Hello,i suggest you to go with CBSE . The speciality of CBSE is that you will get a chance to learn subjects more practically than theoritically..This would help you to crack various entrance exams for different PUBLIC SECTOR UNITS like SAIL,ONGC,IOCL,BHEL,HP,BP,etc
17th July 2012, 06:27 PM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

hello friend..!!

-->dear friend,According to me board does not matter much.The thing that matters is your hard work,your communication skills,your knowledge,you personality etc.

-->The interviewer also use to give importance to your knowledge instead your board.

-->but yes one other fact is also there that matters is reputation of your college or your university.

-->so,my dear friend don't bother about board,just work hard definitely you will get the success.

go ahead...all the best...guri!!
19th July 2012, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

WHAT IS BETTER CBSC BOARD OR UO BOARD? AND HOW? GIVE SOME POINTS?
7th August 2012, 10:12 PM
Unregistered

is tn state board tougher than cbse?
21st August 2012, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

which board will gain knowledge cbse or stateboard
9th September 2012, 11:50 PM
Unregistered

In MP state board is considered a bit easier than CBSE.. i have given 10th board from CBSE and now i am planning to change my board and shift to mp board.. according to you what should i do ?? and some of my friends are saying that now a days we have to fill a lot formalities before shifting from CBSE to MP board in 11th.. is it true??
14th November 2012, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

I have a child of 2years.we both parents studied in gujarat board gujarati medium. Now pls help me that in which board we will put my chield in gujarat board english medium or cbse board and at what age
14th November 2012, 11:00 PM
AAI ..

HELLO SIR.........

I think prefer CBSE. As by it your marks will come very handsome & your English will also be improve.

Which will be very helpful in your carrier. people who take interviw does not give much preference to board.
They mostly prefer your view and exylence and virble quality, the next is your percentage and last is your board.

Actualy no one will see your board once you are with graduation degree. The mater will be your university now.

ALL THE BEST...........
20th November 2012, 04:29 PM
Unregistered

sir i am study in class 10th but due to some problem i am not attending my school in the time of form submit then i go my school he directly say you are not apper in this exam i give him reason with prove but he dont do so what can i do for attending in examination
20th November 2012, 09:06 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

C.B.S.E. is better than any state Board for the following reasons.

-> First, of course is quality.

-> Secondly, it has acceptability all over India. If you are transferred out of a state, new
state's board will insist on you falling in line with its curriculum which may include local
language also. Maharashtra has been unsuccessfully trying to force C.B.S.E. schools
in state to teach Marathi as a subject.

-> Thirdly, English is International language.From childhood it is very necessary to learn.

~regards~
priyo06
26th December 2012, 11:22 PM
Unregistered

is gujrat state board is better than cbse board?
30th December 2012, 07:50 PM
kurmianurag009

Hello Sir,
Education is very important part of the life. And to decide this which secondary board(state/CBSE) is good is very though. Sir actually this depend on student and its IQ level. Since both the Board are good in providing education and companies also give importance to both the board student. But there are some companies which give more importance to the CBSE board. Because CBSE board is more harder than the state board. And the level of providing the education to the student in CBSE board is better in all the way as compared to state board.

For jobs in companies it doesn't matter with the board. It matters only with the knowledge and percentage scored by student from recognized university.

Sir, all the best for future.
26th March 2013, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

i got campartment in class 11 in cbse board skkol is not giving addmission in class 12 they are telling me to repeat class 11 again with non med but i have asked in state board from harayana they are giving admission know what to do go with cbse or harayana board
1st April 2013, 11:26 AM
Unregistered

I am a student of tenth standard of Maharashtra board. I am confused to take admission whether in CBSC or in state board. What is beneficial for me for scoring more and easy learning if I want to give IIT JEE ?
21st April 2013, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

Can I shift from state board to Cbsc in class 12th.?
20th May 2013, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

in CBSE i got 9.8 but in tamil nadu many colleges are giving admiisions on 12% only and this year 2500 students got 200/200 in maths in state board. so which one is good STATE OR CBSE.
30th May 2013, 07:38 PM
Unregistered

which is stick between cbse or hbse ?
30th May 2013, 11:04 PM
Unregistered

can i give exam in both cbse and punjab board at a time?
31st May 2013, 11:00 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
HI!
I am happy to inform you that you can join any board and pass 11th and 12th with any stream you will become successful person f you do hard work.

You qualify the State board/ C.B.S.E with good marks you will not get admission in top college.

During admission they only see that your college/school is recognized or not...
So you don't take tension and do hard work you will get success.

ALL THE BEST!
1st June 2013, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

i want to ask that i have scored 6.2% in class 10 in cbse school and i am not getting admission in any other school so my parents are saying that i should go for state board because there i will score more from cbse because state board is easy from cbse i am not able to understand what should i do now plwase give me suggestion for that
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?