7th November 2016, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

Which stream should I choose in 11th standard to study Astrophysics?

I am in 10th class. Next year I will go to 11th class and I have to choose stream. So for studying Astrophysics which stream I have to select? I really want to study Astrophysics. Please help me!

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study Science in 11th standard if secured 75% in 10th CBSE?
  2. How should I study Astrophysics after completing 11th standard?
  3. Which group to take after 10th standard to study Biotechnology and Psycology?
  4. Which subjects should I study to choose science stream in 11th class? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Which stream should I choose in 11th? Do I need to prepare for Law?
  6. Which stream should I choose in 11th standard to study Law in future?
  7. To Get Admission in B.SC. in Astrophysics.
  8. How to study Astrophysics/Astronomy after passing 12th standard with 72.3%? List of colleges offering Astrophysics/Astronomy course in Jalgaon, Maharashtra?
  9. Should I study Humanities in 11th standard to become a Corporate Lawyer? What are the subjects available to study in 11th Humanities?
  10. Which stream to choose in 12th at NIOS?
  11. Can I study M.Sc in Astrophysics if pursue B.Sc in Physics?
  12. Which career should I opt after completion of my 12th? List of the colleges along with their details for the same? What are the scopes available in astrophysics?
  13. Which stream should I chose between Medical and Non-Medical to study in 11th standard having interest in Human Body?
  14. What is the syllabus of KVPY 11th SA stream? Should I have to study syllabus of 12th also in 11th standard?
  15. How can I become a scientist in Astrophysics after passing 11th
  16. Which is better to study among Medical and Commerce in 11th standard to become a Pilot?
  17. Which subjects to choose in arts stream in 11th standard to go abroad for higher studies? -- [New]
  18. What subjects one should study in 11th for choosing Hotel Management in graduation?
8th November 2016, 08:39 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should I choose in 11th standard to study Astrophysics?

To make your career in Astrophysics in the upcoming future after the completion of class 10th from a recognised Board, you must opt for the Science stream in class 11th.
You must opt Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as your subject combination in class 11th to make your career in the said field.
8th November 2016, 11:30 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should I choose in 11th standard to study Astrophysics?

As you have mentioned above that you want to study Astrophysics, so in order to study the above mentioned course you have to choose science stream. After completing your 12th standard in science stream you have to appear for an entrance examination and hence, after that you can study Astrophysics.
9th November 2016, 10:11 AM
Khurit
Senior Member+

If you wish to study Astrophysics then after 10th chose Physics,Chemistry & Maths. Astrophysics is the branch of Astronomy. So, study PCM after 10th but note it is not that easy to study PCM, give your best & understand each subject. Join coaching classes if not able to understand.
9th November 2016, 12:22 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

The minimum eligibility criteria to opt for the above mentioned course is that the candidate should have studied Physics and Mathematics at their +2 level of standard and should have scored a minimum of 50% in aggregate. However, the eligibility criteria differs from Institutes to Institutes.
9th November 2016, 01:25 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in 10th class. Next year I will go to 11th class and I have to choose stream. So for studying Astrophysics which stream I have to select? I really want to study Astrophysics. Please help me!

You should choose Science (Non Medical Stream) in 11th standard to study Astrophysics in future. You should choose the group having Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects in 11th standard to pursue your career in the Astrophysics field. After completion of 10+2 you can choose B.Sc Physics or B.E or B.Tech and then Master’s Degree in Astrophysics. The aspirant should study well in 10+2 and graduation and should score very good marks to study Astrophysics course in masters.
12th January 2018, 11:08 PM
Unregistered

For perusing a career in astrophysics should I choose statistics or computer science aside from Physics, Chemistry and Maths
4th January 2020, 11:47 AM
Unregistered

After 12th could l take bar maths to become an astrophysics
16th April 2021, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

what course can we go for after 12th to study astrophysics? can we direct opt for masters degree for the same?
28th December 2021, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

I want to become an astrophysics, so in 11th I have decided to take PCM, but I am not sure about my last subject, if someone could tell me what is the recommended 4th subject, that would be appreciated.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?