27th July 2018, 06:49 PM
Unregistered

Which stream should I choose in 11th standard to study Fashion Design in future?

Hi, I am in class 10. After 10th many candidate wants to join Science to do Engineering or MBBS. But, I want to do Designing course because I want to become a Fashion Designer. For achieving my aim what subject I select in 11th standard?

29th July 2018, 09:56 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should I choose in 11th standard to study Fashion Design in future?

There is no any bondage to pursue any particular subject or stream in 12th to get admission in Fashion Designing.
You can pursue 12th from any of the stream and it should be either Arts or Commerce or from Science.
But to get admission in Fashion Designing for Bachelor degree you must have to clear entrance examination after completion of 12th board.
Having any particular stream in 12th does not matters.
30th July 2018, 01:42 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should I choose in 11th standard to study Fashion Design in future?

For admission in B.Des ( Bachelor in Designing ) course the eligibility is that candidate must have passed 12th in any recognised board.

If you want to pursue B.F.Tech course then it is compulsory to have Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry in 12th.

So, as per your choice of stream you can select the course. Entrance examination is conducted by various institutes for admission in the course.
30th July 2018, 09:27 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Being a student of Class 10th to pursue fashion designing course in future, you do not have to worry about the stream which you need to opt in Class 12th as for pursuing degree course in designing i.e; Bachelor of designing (B.Des) any higher secondary school degree holder in any discipline from a recognized board of education are eligible. In case to pursue Bachelor of Fashion Technology, one is required to have completed his/her Class 12th in PCM group.

You can also go for the option for diploma in fashion designing course if you are interested in doing diploma degree course in designing,
31st July 2018, 09:13 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility to get admission in Fashion designing course is :-

B.Des - 12th from a recognized board.

B.F.Tech - 12th in PCM from a recognized board.

Candidates with diploma qualification are also are eligible to appear in examination.

So, you can select the stream as per your future plan. Entrance examination is conducted by various institutes for admission in the course.
31st July 2018, 12:11 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

For admission in bachelor in designing course, candidate passed 12th in any stream are eligible to appear for examination. So, you can select the stream according to your interest.

But to get admission in bachelor in fashion technology it is mandatory to have Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry in 12th.

Famous fashion desinging institute for India.

Pearl Academy.

NIFT.

Symbiosis.

Amity University.
31st July 2018, 01:23 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for Bachelor's degree in Fashion Designing are;

1. You must have passed 12th board exam from a recognized board in any stream of your choice. Arts, science or commerce stream candidates are eligible for B.Des Course.

2. You must be at least 17 years old.

Then, you need to apply for NIFT exam and secure a good rank for admission in top colleges of Fashion Designing.
31st July 2018, 02:14 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

If you are interested to become a Fashion Designer then you have to complete 12th board and after that pursue Bachelor degree in Fashion Designing.
For this you have to complete 12th from any of the stream. Any particular stream is not mentioned anywhere to be pursued in 12th.
You can pursue from-
Arts
Science
Commerce
Diploma
31st July 2018, 08:57 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

To be a fashion designer in future, candidate can choose any stream as for his or her own interest because no specific stream is required in order to choose fashion designing as a career.
Once you will complete your 12th standard then you have to appear in the examination such as NIFT or SOFT or NIFD if want to persue government seat.
31st July 2018, 09:41 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

To become a Fashion Designer, you need to follow the given eligibility criteria:

Candidate must have passed 10+2 in any discipline with minimum 50% from a recognized board.

Candidate must have apply entrance exam like NIFT, SOFT.

Age should not be less than 17 years.

So, you can opt any stream in your 10+2 as per your interest.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?