23rd October 2019, 03:52 AM
Unregistered

Which stream should I choose in Intermediate to study Civil Engineering in future?

Hi, I am studying in 10th standard. After 10th many candidate wants to join Science to pursue Engineering. I also want to do BTech Engineering because I want to become a Civil Engineer. For achieving my aim what subject I select in Intermediate?

27th October 2019, 05:41 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should I choose in Intermediate to study Civil Engineering in future?

To study degree course in Civil Engineering, you are required to opt for Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main subjects for your Class 12th studies from a recognized board of education. Candidates having pursued any equivalent degree are also eligible.

Further, for pursuing the same degree course from top engineering colleges, you are required to qualify entrance examinations such as JEE, State EEE/CETs, BITSAT, SRMEEE, VITEEE, etc. .
28th October 2019, 09:37 AM
EduXpert

Default Re: Which stream should I choose in Intermediate to study Civil Engineering in future?

You need to choose science with maths stream for civil engineering in future. You can also pursue a diploma in civil engineering and then pursue a bachelor degree in civil engineering course through lateral entry exam.

JEE Main and other engineering entrance exams are conducted for admission in such courses after class 12th. If you are going for diploma in civil engineering then you need to appear for poly technic entrance exam.
28th October 2019, 10:36 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

If you want to become a civil engineer then you have to opt for PCM stream in 12th and pass your 12th with minimum 60% marks.
Entrance exam - JEE Mains and Advanced.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?