2nd March 2015, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

Studying Arts after 10th is best way to join IPS?

Hello friends,
I am in 10th standard after that
can I take Arts? I have heard that
Arts is the best stream to become
an IPS officer. Is this true?
Please tell me.

3rd March 2015, 02:28 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Studying Arts after 10th is best way to join IPS?

No, there is nothing like that studying Arts in 11th and 12th standard is the best way to join in IPS. You can pursue any stream whether Science or Commerce or Arts stream in your 11th and 12th standard, it does not matter to join in IPS. To join in IPS, you need to appear in IPS examination by satisfying the required eligibility criteria mentioned below :-

Eligibility Criteria :-
1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have obtained a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You must have attained the minimum age of 21 years and should not exceed the maximum age of 30 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per government rules.

Selection Procedure :-
There are two stages in the selection procedure of IPS examination as follows :-
1. Written Test
2. Personal Interview

Candidates who qualify in written test will be called for personal interview and candidates who perform well in both the rounds are finally selected into Indian Police Services.

No. of Attempts :-
General :- 4 times
OBC :- 7 times
SC/ST :- No Limit
3rd March 2015, 04:56 PM
vickyhansi

It does not matter on 10th, 12th or graduation stream to become IPS officer. You can choose any stream to become IPS officer.

A candidates who have passed Graduation in any stream from a recognized university is eligible for IPS exam. IPS exam is conducted by UPSC every year.

IPS exam consist three stages:-

Preliminary exam, Mains exam and Interview

One important thing to become IPS Officer is that you must be physically as well as mentally fit
3rd March 2015, 10:05 PM
harishydv
Senior Member+

Yes, by taking the arts after 12th is the best way to become an IPS officer. Because to prepare for IPS you need to know about the current affairs, reasoning, communication skills and history to qualify the examination conducted by UPSC.

By taking the Arts after 10th you can cover all the subjects in 11th and 12th standard. You can gain much knowledge about all the above mentioned topics.
3rd March 2015, 10:24 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

* Indian police service (IPS) examination is conducted by UPSC.

* To pursue your career as an IPS, you should hold a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized college or institution.

* After 10th you can take any stream according to your interest and wish.

* The aspirant must hold a Bachelors degree in any discipline.

* Candidates age should be in between 21-30 years of age.

* To crack the IPS, one should have a thorough knowledge on current affairs and GK.
5th January 2017, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

hii friends i want to become a IPS officer iam studying 10 class and after 10th which subject take option A]arts [B] commerce plz help me
6th January 2017, 08:18 AM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hii friends i want to become a IPS officer iam studying 10 class and after 10th which subject take option A]arts [B] commerce plz help me
If you wish to become an IPS then first of all complete your graduation from any vaild university.After 10th you can opt for any of the streams as per your ability.If you find Arts easy go for the same.To give the Civil service exam there is no particular subjects required.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?