29th February 2016, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

Is there any difficulty to get job in PSU and UPSC-IAS with 48% in 10th and 83% in 12th?

Hello Everyone,
My percent in class 10th is only 48% and in class 12th is 83%. Will I face any difficulty in getting job in PSU and also in UPSC IAS? Kindly let me know about this asap.

29th February 2016, 05:49 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any difficulty to get job in PSU and UPSC-IAS with 48% in 10th and 83% in 12th?

No, there is nothing to do with aggregate in 10th and 10+2 to appear for Civil Service examination or GATE examination.

Candidate have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination for final selection as an I.A.S Officer where as for recruitment in PSU'S you have to appear and qualify in GATE examination.

Candidate passed graduation with passing percentage are eligible to appear for Civil Service examination where as candidate passed B.Tech/B.E with 60% are eligible to appear for recruitment in PSU'S.

So, you need to prepare for whichever examination you want to appear.
29th February 2016, 07:50 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any difficulty to get job in PSU and UPSC-IAS with 48% in 10th and 83% in 12th?

Candidate should be eligible for UPSC after graduation. There is no need of 10th percentage. You need to give details of only graduation as it is based on graduation.

Eligiblity criteria are as under:-

Candidate must have at least 50% aggregate in their graduation from a recognized university.

Candidate age should not less than 20 years and not more than 32 years.

Candidate should be physically fit.

Candidate must be a citizen of India.
29th February 2016, 07:51 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Everyone,
My percent in class 10th is only 48% and in class 12th is 83%. Will I face any difficulty in getting job in PSU and also in UPSC IAS? Kindly let me know about this asap.

No, you don’t find any difficulty with your marks you scored in 10th and 12th, when you apply for UPSC or for a job in PSUs. The eligibility to appear for UPSC Civil Services examination is a graduation from a recognised university. The upper age limit is 32 years for general candidate, for OBC 35 years and for SC/ST 37 years. For the jobs in PSUs they require only graduation, so you are eligible for both IAS and PSUs. So don’t bother about it now, concentrate on your further studies.
29th February 2016, 09:06 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, if you qualify in entrance examination conducted for selection of candidate as I.A.S or for recruitment in PSU'S.

The selection is done on basis of performance in entrance examination as for I.A.S you have to appear for Civil Services examination whereas for PSU'S you have to qualify in GATE examination and have to qualify in entrance examination conducted by PSU'S.

So, you just need to prepare to qualify in examination after graduation degree. There is no age limit to appear for GATE while for Civil Services it is 21-32 years.

To have more information about Civil Service visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
29th February 2016, 09:17 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

As long as you do fulfill the admission criteria, there is o such problem in it. You will however have to complete your graduation in the first place and after your graduation you can opt for Public Sector examination.
29th February 2016, 09:18 PM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

No, there is no such difficulty in getting a job in PSU with the marks you have scored in your 10th and 12th. You should just fulfill the admission criteria in order to be eligible for the exam and after that you just need to prepare well for the examinations and can very much avail a job in any public sector.
29th February 2016, 09:45 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

UPSC conducts Civil Services examination which requires bachelor's degree in any discipline with passing percentage of marks. It does not matter how much percentage of marks in 10th, 10+2 or bachelor's degree you have for Civil Services. If you clear Civil Services exam different stage, you can easily get services under it. In interview, you may be asked regarding percentage of marks otherwise no problem.

In case of Public Sector Undertakings, percentage matter as some PSUs have criteria that candidates with 60% or more will be allowed to appear for recruitment process.
29th February 2016, 10:32 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

In case of any Union Public Service Commission examination, there is only passing percentage of marks is required either at 10th level or 10+2 level or bachelor's degree level. You must not worry if you have less percentage of marks in academics. If you are able to clear all stages of Civil Services examination, none is going to ask you about your percentage of marks. Focus on preparation or Civil Services examination and crack it with full determination and patience.

Even for public sector undertakings if a candidate has GATE rank below 500 he can definitely get placement in top PSUs.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?