25th July 2016, 01:36 PM
Unregistered

What should I do being a 12th Commerce student having interest in Banking field?

I am Moumita Ojha and I belongs to Kolkata. I am doing 12th with Commerce stream. I don't understand what I should do after 12th. I have an interest in Banking field. Can I know what I should do?

26th July 2016, 01:26 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do being a 12th Commerce student having interest in Banking field?

Presently you are on exactly right track as per your future planning. After completion of your intermediate, you should apply for admission in B.Com. You can apply for banking jobs after completion of your bachelor's of commerce(B.Com) but my suggestion to you is that, you should go for M.Com or MBA. After completion of Master degree, you will get a good job in banking sector with satisfactory salary package.
26th July 2016, 02:56 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do being a 12th Commerce student having interest in Banking field?

You should get admission in any good college to pursue your graduation and start for your IBPS preparation from now on. You should however, keep in mind to score a minimum of 60% marks in your graduation as it is the minimum eligibility criteria to apply for IBPS examination.

You can get admission in any good coaching Institution to get prepared for banking examinations and I am sure by the end of your graduation, you will be very much prepared to score well in your entrance examination for banking sector.
26th July 2016, 01:22 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

After completion of your 12th standard with Commerce stream, you can pursue any degree course like B.Com, BBA, etc.,. if you are interested in Banking field. There is no need to opt for any particular course to get a job in Bank. Candidates who have passed Graduation in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to apply for Bank jobs. So, I suggest you to pursue any degree course like B.Com, BBA, etc., of your interest to get a Bank job.
26th July 2016, 01:47 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

After completing 12th go for graduation. Once you complete graduation then can apply for banking jobs. You can apply for the post of Probationary officer or Clerk. Apart from banks there are many jobs which you can apply. if you want to take up job in private banks then apply for IFBI. IFBI is an institution which placed candidates in private banks & few public sector banks. It helps candidates doing post graduate & diploma in banking & insurance. But required graduation. So complete graduation after 12th.
26th July 2016, 03:09 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

As you are interested in banking field then you can make career in this field. All you have to do is to complete your graduation first. After that you will be eligible for filling banking entrance exams like IBPS, SBI, RRB etc.

Score in these entrance exam does matter a lot. So try to get good score in entrance after complete all these processes bank branch will be allotted to you.
26th July 2016, 10:12 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you are looking for a government bank job then you can opt for any degree of your interest because minimum requirement is degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
Normally, a B.Com degree is most suitable for banking field. If interested you can opt for B.Com and do some professional courses like CA or CS along with it. Selection in PSU bank is through written exam and interview after completion of degree.
26th July 2016, 10:33 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am Moumita Ojha and I belongs to Kolkata. I am doing 12th with Commerce stream. I don't understand what I should do after 12th. I have an interest in Banking field. Can I know what I should do?
After completion of 12th standard in Commerce, you can do B.Com course because you are interested in Banking sector.

After completion of this course, you are eligible to apply for Bank PO and Clerk exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI clerk exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 28 years.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI PO exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 30 years.
26th July 2016, 11:20 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

As the minimum educational qualification required to get into Banking field is "Graduation" I suggest you to complete Graduation first in order to be eligible.

The basic educational qualification required to appear in Banking Field is "Graduate Degree". As you are done with 12th Class in Commerce stream, I suggest you to go with B.Com (Bachelor of Commerce) course in order to be eligible.

Make sure you have good grip over the below mentioned sections in order to get selected finally in banking sector.
* Quantitative Aptitude
* Reasoning
* General English
* Computer Awareness
* Banking Awareness
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?