30th January 2019, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

What is the syllabus of HBCSE Mathematical Olympiad 2019 for 8th standard student?

Hello everyone, I want to apply for HBCSE Mathematical Olympiad and I am studying in 8th standard. I don’t know the recent syllabus of HBCSE Mathematical Olympiad. Can anyone of you kindly provide me the syllabus of HBCSE Mathematical Olympiad?

22nd March 2023, 04:17 PM
AddisonRae

Default Re: What is the syllabus of HBCSE Mathematical Olympiad 2019 for 8th standard student?

The syllabus for the Mathematical Olympiad usually covers topics from geometry, algebra, number theory, and combinatorics. The problems are designed to test your mathematical skills, creativity, and problem-solving abilities.

Here is a brief overview of the topics covered in the Mathematical Olympiad:

Geometry: Angle chasing, congruence and similarity of triangles, properties of circles, coordinate geometry, trigonometry, and Mensuration (areas and volumes).

Algebra: Polynomials, equations (linear and quadratic), inequalities, functions, sequences and series, and logarithms.

Number Theory: Divisibility, prime numbers, modular arithmetic, Diophantine equations, and elementary number theory.

Combinatorics: Counting principles, permutations and combinations, Pigeonhole Principle, recurrence relations, and graph theory.

You can find more detailed information on the HBCSE website or by consulting with your math teacher or coach. Good luck with your preparation!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?