13th December 2015, 11:12 PM
Unregistered

Whether a 6 years old candidate is eligible to get admission in CBSE Standard-I?

Hi,
My son is 6 years old. Shall I put him in the 1st standard of CBSE Board? Please advice me regarding this. Waiting for your response.

Related Questions:
  1. According to CBSE norms a 10 years old candidate get admission in 4th standard?
  2. Eligibility to get admission in 3rd standard of CBSE for 6 years old candidate?
  3. Eligibility to get admission in 5th standard of CBSE Board for a candidate who has completed 4th from Tamil Nadu State Board?
  4. Would my daughter be able to appear for 10th class CBSE from Army or KV when her DOB is 16/11/2011?
  5. Is it possible to get admission in 5th CBSE of another school if completed 4th standard at the age of 9 years old?
  6. In which standard of CBSE School a 3 years old candidate will get admission?
  7. Whether a 4 years old candidate is eligible to get admission in LKG of CBSE affiliated school?
  8. Eligibility for appearing in Xth CBSE exams of 2015?
  9. Possibility to get admission in 12th CBSE for a candidate who didn't appeared in 11th standard?
  10. Whether a 6 years old candidate is eligible to get admission in 2nd standard of ICSE Board?
  11. Institute offering lateral entry in diploma on the basis of 10th results?
  12. Eligibility to get admission in B.Com at Calcutta University for CBSE candidate without Mathematics?
  13. Is it possible to get admission for Class 10th in another CBSE affiliated school?
  14. Whether a 5th standard student of 10 years old is eligible to appear in 10th CBSE Board exam?
  15. Candidate of 14.5 years old can appear in cBSE 2016 board exams? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Am I eligible to get admission in CBSE school after completion of 11th standard in the same city?
  17. Whether a candidate is eligible to get transfer from Chennai Region to Delhi Region to study 12th CBSE?
  18. How to get into Civil Diploma if I am 10th fail?
15th December 2015, 05:39 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether a 6 years old candidate is eligible to get admission in CBSE Standard-I?

Of course Yes. He is certainly eligible to get admission in 1st Standard in Central Based CBSE school with 6 years age. There is a certain age criteria required for getting admission in CBSE Schools. Here is the age criteria required for several classes to get admission in CBSE School.

For 1st Standard:
* Minimum 5 years age is required
* Maximum age allowed - 7 years

For 2nd Standard:
* Minimum Age Required - 6 years
* Maximum Age allowed - 8 years

Important Note: You are requested to notice that, above age criteria are considered (both maximum and minimum ages) as on 31st March of the year in which your son's admission is sought. Since his age in between the required age criteria, I suggest you to join him in a best CBSE school.
15th December 2015, 08:02 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether a 6 years old candidate is eligible to get admission in CBSE Standard-I?

Yes, your son is eligible to get admission in CBSE 1st standard being a 6 years old candidate. The minimum age required to get admission in CBSE 1st standard is 5 1/2 years as on 31st March of the year of admission. Since, your son is 6 years old, definitely your son is eligible to get admission in CBSE first standard.
15th December 2015, 09:10 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, he is very much eligible but I am afraid to say that he is much more aged to get admission in class 1, he is over aged.

Basically the average age for any candidate to get admission in class 1 is 3 and half years to 4 and a half years, and as your child is 6 years of age, which might get you in problem to get your child admitted in good reputed schools, unless you provide reasons for his age gap and as to why he never took admission in any other school till now.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?