4th February 2020, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

Whether I will get marks for correct answers if steps are wrong in ICSE 10th Mathematics Board exam?

Hi Sir, I will appear the Board exam of 10th standard in this year with an ICSE Board. I am worried about Mathematics and little bit confused. I would like to know will I get marks in a particular question if answer is correct but steps are wrong? Kindly let me know about this.

5th February 2020, 04:49 PM
gopinath amudha

Default Re: Whether I will get marks for correct answers if steps are wrong in ICSE 10th Mathematics Board exam?

For correct answer marks available but the mark are not better, so make full steps for sums that makes useful
13th March 2020, 09:22 AM
Parvathi90
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether I will get marks for correct answers if steps are wrong in ICSE 10th Mathematics Board exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Sir, I will appear the Board exam of 10th standard in this year with an ICSE Board. I am worried about Mathematics and little bit confused. I would like to know will I get marks in a particular question if answer is correct but steps are wrong? Kindly let me know about this.
When I was on the ICSE board exam for mathematics paper in 2012, I had the same question. The reply is yes. Every board, whether its ICSE or CBSE, has followed the step marking process. Mark will give for every step of the sum. Even if the final answer is incorrect, but if the steps are right, a very less mark will get deducted, and you will get nearly full marks.

So it would be my request that try to attempt as many questions as possible and try to solve it up to two or three-step. If possible, solve it completely don't bother about the final answer. If you follow this process then, I can assure you that you can fetch very good marks in the exam.
15th May 2022, 12:41 PM
Unregistered

Sir i had solved mean by direct method and get answer correct but in question it asked to solved assumed method which i not read did i get any marks out of 3?
7th December 2022, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

Can I get any marks if my answer is correct but the steps were wrong?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?