8th April 2020, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

Whether an NIOS Arts candidate is eligible to secure an undergraduate course admission in Mumbai University?

Hi Sir, I want to know that if a student passed his HSC from an NIOS Board with an Arts stream then he will be eligible to get admission in an undergraduate course in Mumbai University? Kindly tell me about this asap.

11th April 2020, 08:33 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether an NIOS Arts candidate is eligible to secure an undergraduate course admission in Mumbai University?

NIOS is National Institute of Open Schooling.

It is affiliated to MHRD. So, the academic course offered by NIOS is certified and candidate pursued the course are eligible for higher studies on the basis of educational qualification.

So, you are eligible to get admission on the basis of educational qualification.
12th April 2020, 12:44 PM
HarishGuri
Senior Member+

Default Re: Whether an NIOS Arts candidate is eligible to secure an undergraduate course admission in Mumbai University?

---Yes,you are eligible to secure any of the Under-Graduate course admission in Mumbai University even after passed out 12th standard with NIOS board.

--NIOS is recognized by the Central Government and is equivalent to CBSE, ICSE or the State Board.You are as much eligible as other regular board candidates. You can choose any career option after 12th from NIOS.

--After completing 12th standard in Arts stream,you are eligible for getting admission in:-
:- BA
:- BCA
:- BBA
:- Fashion Designing
:- Interior Designing etc.
12th April 2020, 01:06 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to take admission in undergraduate course in Mumbai university being an Arts student with NIOS certificate.
NIOS certificate is a valid certificate and has same value as that of any other board such as CBSE, ICSE etc.
13th April 2020, 02:54 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Whether an NIOS Arts candidate is eligible to secure an undergraduate course admission in Mumbai University?

NOIS Arts candidate is eligible to secure an Undergraduate course admission in Mumbai University or any other universities. NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling. The value of NIOS board is same as other state boards or Central Board of Secondary Education or ICSE etc. You can get admission in any college after passing from NIOS board. No college can deny admission on basis that you have done 10th or 12th from NIOS board.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?