10th May 2015, 05:54 PM
Unregistered

Which would be better CBSE or ICSE for doing MBBS?

Sir,

My daughter completed her ssc board exams and would like to go for MBBS after her 12th, so which would be better cbse or icse .

thankyou

11th May 2015, 02:06 AM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Which would be better CBSE or ICSE for doing MBBS?

For MBBS CBSE - Central Board of secondary education is better than any other board because for getting admission in any good Government MBBS College your daughter needs to clear the entrance test AIPMT - (All India Pre Medical test ) which was conducted by also CBSE Board so its syllabus and study pattern is more compatible with CBSE board as compared to any other board

CBSE is popular , well known , reputed and recognized board in India you can easily find CBSE schools everywhere in India ,CBSE schools provides a quality of education to their students
11th May 2015, 02:38 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which would be better CBSE or ICSE for doing MBBS?

CBSE would be better for 11th and 12th standard than other boards if you are aiming at MBBS. This is because:-

- The syllabus of the entrance exams is almost same to that of CBSE syllabus.
- English is easy in CBSE than ICSE, so more attention can be given to the core subjects required for MBBS.
- There is no need of taking second language subject in CBSE as that in case of ICSE. So, more time can be devoted to core subjects in CBSE curriculum.
11th May 2015, 04:43 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

I would refer you to go for CBSE board as it would help your child to get much exposure in future because of it s education system and widely accepted pattern.

Moreover, in most of the competitive examinations, CBSE study and test pattern is followed, therefore it can help your child in many ways, he/she can get much exposure to the entrance examination at earlier stage.

Maximum people tend to move towards CBSE board after 10tth because of he following two reasons;

> The syllabus of entrance exams are at par with the syllabus laid down by CBSE.

> English is easier and no compulsion of second language, hence more attention can be given to the core subjects.

Therefore as you want to study MBBS in future, I would suggest you to opt for CBSE board after 10th and not for ICSE.
20th December 2017, 01:01 PM
spike.raghu

CBSE and ICSE are both good for MBBS. As per best of my knowledge, ICSE may help you best to get knowledge. CBSE would do serve the same too. I personally choose ICSE over CBSE.
7th February 2022, 10:41 AM
Unregistered

Is icse or igsce better for medical school?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?