26th November 2013, 12:33 AM
Unregistered

Why school examination has low value than board examination?

Hello sir I just wanna ask you that the - why is lower value for school based examination than board base examination
in 10th class

10th December 2013, 12:58 AM
Support
Forum Staff

Smile Re: Why school examination has low value than board examination?

This is one of the current debatable topics of the nation. The decision of the government to make the board exams of tenth not mandatory have resulted into various articles and publications in various newspapers and magazines. Even various debates have been conducted in the regional as well as national level regarding this topic.

The prime cause behind all these is that the board examinations was considered of higher value than the school examinations for the tenth standard. There are various reasons behind such considerations. Some of them are →

→ The Board examination appear as an external pressure on the students. Thus the ability of performing under pressure which is required in their future life starts to cultivate right from the tenth standard.

→ The question paper is same for the entire nation thus the competition does not limit to one class or school. The competition spreads from interschool to interzone. Thus the best talents are found out when the results are out.

→ The question paper is set by the council for the board of education, thus there is no such chance of getting the questions leaked and cheating. As a result the students study seriously.

→ The society around us also takes a keen interest on the result of any child who is appearing for the tenth board exams thus it also puts some pressure to perform as per the expectations.

→ The answers are checked by teachers of other schools, hence there is no chance of partiality or doing any sort of injustice with any student.

→ The invigilators are usually from other schools thereby limiting the scope of cheating to minimal level, thus ensuring proper preparation by the students for the exams.

→ It instills the sense of responsibility and social awareness among the students.

As a result of the above causes, the value of board exams is often considered higher than the school examinations. However in modern world with the increase in the quality of education in various schools, the school examinations are considered at par with the board examinations of tenth standard.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?