7th February 2014, 03:54 PM
Unregistered

PG in Ophthalmology and ENT after BDS?

mam/sir
i am doing my 3rd year BDS now... can i do post graduation in the department of ophthalmology and ENT?

1st March 2014, 08:39 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: PG in Ophthalmology and ENT after BDS?

Ophthalmology is a science basically deals with Anatomy as well as the Physiology of the eye.This science is known as Ophthalmology.Candidates in this field generally be dealt with the treatment of the eye,diseased that may affect the eye and its prevention methods and more.To get admission you need to write admission tests conducted by the respective institutions or Universities.You must qualify the entrance test to be eligible for getting admission.

You must have a minimum of Bachelor degree to be eligible and must pass in 12th class from a recognized university.If you have these educational qualification definitely you will be eligible to get admission in to the Postgraduate level courses.To get masters degree MS in ENT the minimum qualification is MBBS and BDS.For this the candidate will need to write MCAT examination and Interview followed by the Medical school processes.

Various courses offered in Ophthalmology are,M.Phil in Ophthalmology,M.Sc in Ophthalmology,Ph.D Programme in Ophthalmology,Post Graduate diploma in Ophthalmology,Post Graduate Certificate in Clinical Ophthalmology and more.Some of the Institutes offering this course are Government medical college,Thiruvananthapuram; Annamalai University,Annamalainagar; All India Institute of Medical Science,New Delhi; The Manipal University,Manipal; Institute of Medical sciences,Banaras Hindu University; University of Pittsburgh; Stanford University School of Medicine; Christian Medical college,Vellore; All India Institute of Medical science,New Delhi; Foreign Institutes that provide courses in Ophthalmology; Rajah Muthiah Institute of Health sciences; Amrita Institute of Medical sciences and Research Centre,Kochi and more.
19th September 2015, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

I am doing third year bds in tamilnadu.is it possible to do MS ophthamology or ENT??
If possible what are the procedures for entrance exam and admission??
18th June 2020, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

I am doing third year bds in tamilnadu.is it possible to do MS ophthamology or ENT??
5th October 2020, 06:34 PM
Unregistered

Can I do ms opthalmologist after bams
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?