9th January 2014, 01:29 AM
Unregistered

Issue with recognition of Diploma in Ophthalmology

I have completed my diploma in ophthalmology from KIMS BANGALORE. in April 2004... it has still not yet been recognized by the MCI.. i wish to take up my post diploma in ophthalmology.. what should i do regarding applying for the course as the MCI no is necessary for the application?

13th January 2014, 09:50 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Issue with recognition of Diploma in Ophthalmology

As you wish to take up your Post Diploma in Opthalmology you can select the organization or Institution which registered under the Medical Council of India .
Basically this MCI is the statutory body for establishing uniform and high standards of medical Education in india .

Generally this MCI council grants recognition of medical qualifications . Also it gives accreditation to the medical colleges .
And then it grants registration to medical practitioners and monitors medical practice in India .
Usually this MCI has to be there for an Organization that you study . So for that you must make sure that your Institution is registered under the Medical Council Of India .

The one more duty of MCI is Registration of doctors with recognized medical qualifications .and keeping a directory of all registered doctors .

Because this Medical Council of India regulates the post graduate Medical education in Medical colleges .

When your institution is registered by the MCI then it is in Safest position and for the Accreditation of the medical colleges .

Now I am giving you the list of top most medical colleges in Bangalore are :
)) M S Ramaiah Medical College
)) Goutham College of Science
)) St.Johns College of Nursing and Medical
)) Bangalore Medical college and Research Institute
)) Dayananda Sagar Institutions
)) Dr.SR Chandrasekhar Institute of Speech and Hearing
)) Koshys College
)) RR Nursing Institutions
)) Indian Academy Group of Institutions
)) Rabindranath Tagore Nursing school and more
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?