30th June 2014, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

Guidance and suitable books for the preparation of IIT-JAM?

sir
i finished my graduation,and before 3 months i am preparing our self for iit jam without taking any coaching and guidance, i prepare for jam with only my gradution level books and i almost finished my syllabus of jam except real analysis,i also drop my msc. For this.bup now i am little scared,i have no guidance and i have no idea now what i do?when i saw preveous year ques paper then i afraid from algebra and real analysis section,i did'nt solve any one question from algebra and real,so sir plz give me some guidance and books name which realy help me to crack jam exam.

Related Questions:
  1. Online coaching classes and suitable books for preparation of IIT-JAM(Biotechnology)?
  2. Which books to refer for IIT JAM exam?
  3. Best coaching center in West Bengal for IIT JAM in Chemistry? Books for preparation?
  4. Reference books for preparation of IIT-JAM in Chemistry stream ?
  5. Where to find the books for preparation of IIT JAM MSc Chemistry entrance exam?
  6. Will I be able to crack IIT-JAM through self preparation? Coaching classes for the preparation of IIT-JAM? -- [New]
  7. Which books to prepare for IIT-JAM in Physics?
  8. Reference books for IIT JAM physics exam? Best coaching centres for IIT JAM Physics? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Which book to be referred for preparation of IIT JAM in Physics?
  10. How should the preparation be carried for IIT JAM exam? Reference books for IIT JAM Physics Hons?What is the syllabus for IIT JAM?
  11. Which books are to be referred for JAM IIT MCA entrance preparation
  12. What to do for preparation for IIT JAM exam? I am a student of BSc Chemistry
  13. How to prepare for IIT-JAM Exam? Previous year Question Papers to prepare for this Exam to join MCA course?
  14. How many questions to be answered so as to get selected for MCA in IIT JAM in general category?
  15. Which books should I follow for IIT JAM exam for MCA? Can I get admission in any IITs in India if I am able qualify for IIT JAM? From where to get the forms? Is private tuition necessary?
  16. Best Books to prepare for IIT-JAM Exam? Previous year Question Papers for this Exam?
  17. Books to refer for problems and theory separately for M.A paper of IIT JAM?
  18. Books to be referred to prepare for IIT MSc JAM Maths exam?
7th September 2015, 07:00 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: Guidance and suitable books for the preparation of IIT-JAM?

IIT JAM is conducted every year for getting admission into M.Sc, M.Sc Phd dual degree...

**It's nice that you want to crack this exam without any coaching.. And you want to know about the books to refer.. Firstly I make you clear that JAM exam takes place in 7 discipline and you have not mentioned your discipline.. Since you are afraid from algebra and real analysis.. So you will definitely want to give exam from Maths discipline..

**Following are the important books you can follow for the preparation:
1. Integral Calculus: F. Ayres (Schaum's), Gorakh Prasad
2. Vector Calculus: Murray R. Spiegel (Schaum's), A.R.Vasishtha
3. Linear Algebra: Seymour Lipschitz (Schaum's), H. Anton, A.R.Vasishtha
4. Ordinary Differential Equation: Peter J. Collins, G.F. Simmons, M.D. Raisinghania
5. Principle of Real Analysis: S. C. Malik
6. Real Analysis: H. L. Royden
7. Modern Algebra: A. R. Vasishtha
8. University Algebra: N. S. Gopalakrishan

**Below are the attachments regarding the previous year paper so that you have an idea regarding the paper..
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Mathematics 2013.pdf(687.5 KB, 61 views)
File Type: pdf Mathematics 2014.pdf(6.60 MB, 54 views)
File Type: pdf Mathematics 2015.pdf(273.2 KB, 48 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?