9th November 2014, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to join Indian Army for B.Tech(IT) student? Post available in Indian Army?

Hello
I'm a b.tech student and stream is IT
how can i join indian army after b.tech
and which post in given to me?
waiting for your respond.....

13th November 2014, 12:10 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to join Indian Army for B.Tech(IT) student? Post available in Indian Army?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello
You have completed B.Tech in IT stream so you are eligible for Indian Army exam through CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Services examination. CDS Examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission

To enter the Indian Military Academy you need to have a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university and your age should be in between 19 to 23 years.

To enter the Air Force Academy you need to get a B.Sc degree with physics or mathematics or a bachelor's degree in engineering/technology and your age should be in between 19 to 23 years.

To enter the Naval Academy you need to have a B.E./B.Tech degree in engineering or technology or a bachelor's degree in science with physics or mathematics and your age should be in between 19 to 22 years.

To enter the Officer's Training Academy you need to complete your graduation in any discipline from a recognized university and your age should be in between 19 to 25 years.
13th November 2014, 01:44 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to join Indian Army for B.Tech(IT) student? Post available in Indian Army?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello
Yes, of course you are eligible to join in Indian Army after B.Tech through CDS exam which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year.

The Combined Defence Service (CDS) is mainly conducted exam for following wings, Indian Military, Indian Navy, Indian Air Force
Officer's Training Academy.

Eligibility Criteria for Indian Army through CDS Exam:

Educational Qualification: -
The minimum educational qualification required to apply for Indian Army through CDS exam is graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.

Age limit:-
Applicant’s Age should be 19 to 24 years.

Marital Status:
Only Unmarried male candidates are eligible.

Official website - www.upsc.gov.in
13th April 2015, 02:10 PM
amanshrivastava98

This you can do by fighting the Combined Defense Services Exam.

CDSE is conducted by the UPSC twice a year in the month of February and October for the recruitment of officers in the defence forces.

The eligibility criteria for the same is as follows :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should be mentally and physically fit.

* The candidate should have done the graduation under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least from a recognized university.

* The minimum age for appearing is 21 years at least.

You can appear in the examination right from the final year of your graduation degree.
14th April 2015, 02:35 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

The procedure to join Indian Army for B.Tech(IT) student is through clearing the CDS(Combined Defense Services) exam conducted by UPSC every year.

UPSC conducts CDS(Combined Defense Services) exam every year for recruitment of Officers in different wings of Indian Army.

The eligibility criteria for CDS exam are as under:-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-For CDS exam,the age limit are following:-

Indian Military Academy- 19 years to 24 years

Indian Naval Academy-19 years to 22 years

Indian Air Force Academy-19 years to 23 years

Officer's Training Academy-19 years to 25 years

-The qualification required for

Indian Military Academy/Officer's Training Academy-Graduation in any discipline.

Indian Naval Academy-Bachelor of Engineering.

Indian Air Force Academy-10+2 level degree with Physics and Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering.

-The candidate should be physically fit as per the Physical Standards for admission to CDS exam.

-The exam process involves

*Written Exam

*Interview by Services Selection Board.

You are eligible to apply for any Academy of Indian Army when you satisfy the eligibility criteria needed for that.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?