14th March 2015, 10:47 PM
Unregistered

Which subject to take in school for pursing career in Interior designing?

Which subject to take in school for pursing career in Interior designing? Can you please help me to find the correct subject which I need to take so that I can pursue my dream of taking the job in interior design? Please reply back soon. Thanks.

14th March 2015, 11:32 PM
harishydv
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which subject to take in school for pursing career in Interior designing?

There is no specific subject to study in the school for interior design course. But you have to concentrate more on the maths subject and drawing subjects. Because interior designing is mostly depends on the calculations, measurements and drawings. So you have to concentrate more on these two subjects.
15th March 2015, 12:01 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject to take in school for pursing career in Interior designing?

There is no particular subject in schooling, which can help you to get knowledge in Interior designing course. I suggest you to join in Diploma in Interior designing course after the completion of your 10th standard. After completing Diploma course, you can join in Bachelor's course by appearing for any entrance exam, which is conducted by AICTE or any university to provide admission into Bachelors course of Interior designing. After completing the Bachelor's course, you can develop your career as a Interior designer.
15th March 2015, 12:19 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Interior designing is one of the growing fields in modern India and it is expected that its demand will increase further in the coming years. You can take any subject in your school since the eligibility criteria for admission in graduation course in Interior Designing is - you must have passed 10+2. However, it is better to take subjects through which you can get help in your further study. Hence it is advised to take the following subjects :-

- Physics
- Mathematics
- Chemistry
- Fine Art and Painting
15th March 2015, 06:03 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Aspirants those who dream of becoming of Interior Designer have to pass the entrance examination. This exam is conducted to test the Designing and drawing skills of the candidate.

ELIGIBILITY :

* Candidates those who have completed their tenth standard are eligible to apply for this exam conducted by various Institutes.

* Candidates those who have passed Higher secondary examination in any stream are also eligible to apply.

AGE LIMIT :

* Candidate those who have completed 12th grade are eligible to apply for the course of Interior Designing.

* Candidates age should be in between 17 to 23 years.
15th March 2015, 06:05 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

If you are interested to pursue your higher studies in Interior Designing course, then, you need to opt for Arts stream in your 11th and 12th standards. After completion of 12th Arts, you can get admission in Interior Designing course by appearing and qualifying in entrance examination conducted by the respective institutes. The minimum age required to get admission in Interior Designing course is 17 years and the maximum age is 23 years. So, to get a job in the field of Interior Design, you need to opt Arts stream in your 11th and 12th standard.
15th March 2015, 09:11 PM
smithapriya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Which subject to take in school for pursing career in Interior designing? Can you please help me to find the correct subject which I need to take so that I can pursue my dream of taking the job in interior design? Please reply back soon. Thanks.

If you want to become an interior designer. You can take Science stream stream in 11th and 12th standard as well. After completing your school studies you can take the Bachelor degree in Interior designing course, which is offered by many Colleges. It is three year course. If you want to become an expert in this field, then you should have an excellent creativity and good ideas. I am providing you the some of the best institutes for pursuing this course as below

1.CEPT, Ahmedabad
Kasturbhai Lalbhai Campus, University Road, Navrangpura,
Ahmedabad,
Gujarat 380009

2.NID, Ahmedabad
Opp Tagore Hall, Paldi,
Ahmedabad,
Gujarat 380007

3.JJ school of art, Mumbai
V36, Geeta Building, Pandita Ramabai Road, Gamdevi,
Mumbai,
Maharashtra 400007

4.Srishti school of art, design and technology, Bangalore
C.A Site No.16, Yelahanka New Town, Doddaballapur Road, Opposite Wheel & Axle Plant, Bengaluru,
Karnataka 560 106

5.School of interior design, Ahmedabad
CEPT University, KL Campus, University Road, University Area,
Ahmedabad,
Gujarat 380009
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?