3rd June 2015, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

Is there any entrance exam available to study LLB after completing B.Com? Course duration of LLB?

Hello,
I have given my 12th standard Board exams and I am going to do B.Com now. I want to pursue Law as my career. How many years it would take to do LLB after B.Com? Is there any entrance test to give after B.Com for getting admission? Do I have to do Articleship?

7th June 2015, 07:39 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any entrance exam available to study LLB after completing B.Com? Course duration of LLB?

Yes, there is a CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) in order to pursue LLB course after completion of Bachelor Degree (B.Com). Generally the minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for doing LLB course is, "12th Class or Intermediate in 10+2 Pattern". The required educational qualification and age criteria are given below,

For CLAT U.G Program (LLB Course):

>> A Candidate should have obtained Higher Secondary School or Intermediate (10+2) or its equivalent certificate from a recognized Board with not less than 45% marks in aggregate and 40% marks in SC and ST Candidates.

>> As you have already completed 12th Class, you are eligible to give CLAT Exam next year for getting admission into LLB course.

Age Criteria: (as on 1st July of the Academic year)

>> Candidate must be below 20 years and 22 years in case of SC/ ST and PWD Candidates.

Duration of LLB Course:

* The duration of the course leading to the Bachelor's Degree in Law (LLB) shall be of 5 academic years. And Each academic year comprises of 2 semesters. Generally A student who successfully completes the first 3 years of this course shall be eligible for the award of the Degree BA.
22nd February 2017, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is there any entrance exam available to study LLB after completing B.Com? Course duration of LLB?

How to become a lawyer after completing 12 and procedure syllabus duration time
28th February 2017, 11:56 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

LLB can be done through 2 modes :

1. By fighting the CLAT examination.

2. Through simple LLB.

If you appear in CLAT and secure a good rank in that then you will be given admission in any of the National Law Universities across the country for a 5 years BA-LLB degree.

But if you have completed graduation then you are not eligible for CLAT.
A simple LLB, you are eligible.

Many university acoross the country are there which offer a LLB degree through regular as well as the private mode.

There is no such hard and fast eligibility criteria for that.

The candidate just have to pass the graduation and all the subject in that successfully as per the guidelines of UGC.

The duration of the LLB is 3 years.
7th January 2018, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

I had done Bachelor in radiation technology can I get admission in llb in govt. University?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?