21st July 2015, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

Can i apply for IIT Exam with compartment in one subject in 12th?

Related Questions:
  1. Compartment in 1 subject(eco) in class 12th
  2. Can I get admission in B.Tech after qualifying 12th Compartmental exam?
  3. Whether the 12th percentage and compartment certificate will affect at the time of placement? Should I repeat 12th instead of giving compartmental exam?
  4. Can I get admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya with compartmental in one subject?
  5. Do I have a chance to get admission in engineering? I have got compartment in one subject in CBSE and now writing compartment exam
  6. 12th board compartment in 2 subjects, repeat 12th or take compartment exams?
  7. Should I give my 12th exam again if I have failed in 1 subject or should I give a compartment exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Courses I can do after compartment exam of 12th?
  9. Possibility to reapply for 12th from CBSE Board if disqualified from Punjab Open Board?
  10. Am I eligible for compartment exam of CBSE board after passing in 4 subjects? Have I passed in Chemistry?
  11. Can I get admission in a good college after having compartment in Maths exam(12th)
  12. When the 12th CBSE Mathematics compartmental exam will be held? Should I reappear 12th from CBSE Private Board?
  13. What should I do if I have failed Maths subject in 12th CBSE board?
  14. Am I eligible to appear in 12th Compartmental exam for 3rd time? Should I have to submit Practical Papers?
  15. Can I get admission in KV school after giving 4 time compartment exam?
  16. Can compartment students apply in aieee?
  17. Can I get admission in any good engineering college after completing 12th CBSE Compartmental exam? Does it create problem at the time of placement? Which is better for me between CBSE Compartmental exam and NIOS exam?
  18. From where i can get Compartment Form for 12th?
21st July 2015, 10:54 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i apply for IIT Exam with compartment in one subject in 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you have not completed 12th standard then you are not eligible for IIT JEE exam. So first complete your compartment subject then you can apply for IIT JEE exam.

Eligibility criteria for IIT JEE exam:-

Candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks are eligible for IIT-JEE exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
22nd July 2015, 10:03 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

No, you can't apply for IIT Exam with compartment in on subject in 12th.
Candidate have to pass his/her 12th class to appear for IIT Exam.
So, first of all clear the failed subject and then prepare for IIT exam for next year.
22nd July 2015, 03:29 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

You can appear in the IIT exam with compartment in your 12th but your score in the IIT exam is valid only if you have passed your backlog in the reappearing exam.

Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Exam is one of the most prestigious test for admission in engineering colleges in India.

You are eligible for this exam if you satisfy the following eligibility criteria.

IIT JEE Eligibility :

** 12th with minimum of 60% marks in aggregate from any recognized board.

** Age must be below 25 years and 30 for SC, ST and PD categories.

IIT-JEE Exam Dates-

IIT-JEE test is usually conducted in first week of May.

IIT-JEE Exam Pattern :

Main Exam :

** There will be two IIT JEE Exam Papers, consisting of 3 separate sections on Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.

** All the questions will be of objective type.

** Candidates can opt for Question Papers either in English or in Hindi.
22nd July 2015, 03:34 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot apply for JEE main and Advanced exams, if you have backlog, because candidates who have passed in their 12th standard are only eligible to apply for JEE main and Advanced exams. So, to apply for these exams, first you should clear your backlog. After clearing your backlog, you can apply for JEE main exam. If you qualify in JEE main exam, then you can apply for JEE Advanced exam.
22nd July 2015, 06:36 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IIT stands for the Indian Institute of Technology. The entrance examination for getting admission into undergraduate course like bachelor of technology or engineering in IITs, NITs and other engineering colleges is given on performance in 10+2 and rank obtained in Joint Entrance examination.

Joint Entrance examination is conducted by the Central board of Secondary Education. This entrance exam has two stages namely JEE Mains and JEE Advanced.

First stage is the JEE Mains. The eligibility criteria for the JEE mains is:

>>Yo must have studied Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects in 10+2 from a recognized board.

>>You must not have failed in any subject and should have overall aggregate of 50% in total including all subjects.

As you have compartment in one subject in 10+2, you are not eligible for the JEE conducted by CBSE.
31st July 2015, 07:16 PM
pointer01

No you cannot apply for IIT exam. IIT stands for Indian Institute of Technology.You must have 12th passed with Physics, chemistry and maths as the main subjects in class 12th. You must score minimum 60% in class 12th.

So, firstly you have to pass class 12th after that you will be eligible to apply for IIT.
For JEE you have to firstly crack JEE Mains and after that you need to crack JEE Advanced.
9th June 2016, 11:00 PM
Unregistered

I got compartment in physical education and I have compartment exam on July this year. if i clear my result this year. So, can I appear for jee exam next year? ?????
22nd June 2017, 11:03 AM
Unregistered

Can I give IIT exam if am a PCB student in 12th class.and how much %require for obc to take admission in IIT.
28th May 2018, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

If I get compartment in physics or if I clear physics exam with marks which IIT advanced need for admission. Can I get admission in IIT college.
23rd June 2022, 01:50 AM
Unregistered

This year I fail in two subject physics and chemistry.Then I am writing compartmental exam after clearing compartmental exam I am eligible to appear jee mains and jee advanced
31st July 2022, 05:39 AM
Unregistered

I have failed in two subjects physics and chemistry now I am appearing in compartmental exam. Should compartmental result will affect during placement
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?