30th November 2015, 08:18 AM
s.karthikeya

Are we eligible for both engineering and medicine if we are in M.Bi.P.C.?

If in m.bi.p.c group we can study or write exams both for mpc and bi.p.c groups? I mean to say that if we are in m.bi.p.c we are eligible to both engneering and medicine?

30th November 2015, 06:19 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are we eligible for both engineering and medicine if we are in M.Bi.P.C.?

You can apply for both engineering and medical entrance exam after completion of 10+2 board exams with subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics. For engineering candidates, PCM subjects are necessary along with English.

For Medical entrance exams, candidates must have studied PCB subject along with English. Since you have taken all four subjects in 10+2 you are eligible for entrance exams of both.
30th November 2015, 07:46 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are we eligible for both engineering and medicine if we are in M.Bi.P.C.?

Candidates who do their 10+2 with subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology are eligible for both medical as well as engineering entrance exams because for engineering PCM subjects are compulsory and for medical entrance exams PCB subjects are necessary.

You must have English as compulsory subject.

You can apply for JEE as well as AIPMT, AIIMS etc.
30th November 2015, 08:51 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for various entrance exams of undergraduate courses in engineering and medical entrance exams if you have taken subjects Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 10+2. English also must be compulsory subjects along with all these subjects.

In general, candidates with PCM subjects are eligible for engineering entrance exams and those with PCB subjects in 10+2 are eligible for medical entrance exams. You can apply for Joint Entrance exam conducted by CBSE for engineering courses.

Other than you can apply for VITEEE, SRMEEE, BITSAT for engineering course. For medical entrance exams, you can apply for AIPMT, JIPMER, AIIMS etc for undergraduate medical courses.
30th November 2015, 09:03 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Yes. Surely you are eligible to apply for both Engineering and Medicine course since you are pursuing MBIPC group which includes the subjects like
Mathematics
Botany
Zoology
Physics
Chemistry

In order to join Engineering course, it it mandatory that the candidate should have gone through Mathematics as one of the subject in 10+2 level.

Similarly, to join Medicine course, it is mandatory that the candidate should have gone through Science subjects in 10+2 level like Botany and Zoology.

Since you have gone through all the required subjects, you would be eligible to join any of these courses between Engineering and Medicine. There would be separate Entrance Exams to get admission for both these courses and the competition for these exams is heavy.

Popular Entrance Exams to join Engineering course are
BITSAT - Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test
IIIT Hyderabad - International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad
JEE Advanced - Joint Entrance Exam Advanced
JEE Main
VITEEE - VIT Engineering Entrance Exam

In addition, there will be several state level Entrance Exams to join Engineering course through which the candidate can get admission for Engineering in various colleges under that university.

Popular Entrance Exams for Medicine are
AIIMS MBBS : All India Institute of Medical Sciences
AFMC : Armed Forces Pre Medical Test
AIPMT : All India Pre Medical Test

You should have scored a minimum of 65% in your 10+2 so that you would be eligible for any of the Entrance Exam.

Though you are eligible for both the courses, I would suggest you to opt for the course which you are interested and where your knowledge and skills are being fully utilized.

Both the courses would be having good career scope and job opportunities. Only thing is that you need to make most out of the course by gaining good subject knowledge and communication skills which are very vital in getting jobs.
30th November 2015, 09:36 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Definitely, If one goes for his/her higher secondary studies with Mathematics and Biology along with Physics and Chemistry as the main subjects then he/she is eligible for both engineering and medical courses.

Since for the medical course, one needs to have Physics, Chemistry and Biology as their main subjects where as for the engineering courses one needs to have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as their main subjects in their higher secondary school degree which you will have if you go for M.Bi.P.C. . Also for pursuing the same courses from recognized university your aggregate in the each mentioned subject must be at least 50%.

One thing more that you are not only eligible for the engineering or medical courses but you are also for appearing in any of the examination or applying for any job which requires any of the two options mentioned.
30th November 2015, 11:21 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Actually that type of group is not available so far. I mean to say you may join either MPC or Bipc. Combination is not available in Intermediate level of education.So you have to go for either " Engineering or Medical " streams only.

My best suggestion is to go for " MPC "since with MPC you can go for any of the streams that is if you want you can also go for Chemical Engineering and Bio Technology.

But it is not possible with Bipc. But this is not final decision. You just select the right way for your future.
30th November 2015, 11:39 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.karthikeya View Post
If in m.bi.p.c group we can study or write exams both for mpc and bi.p.c groups? I mean to say that if we are in m.bi.p.c we are eligible to both engneering and medicine?
You are study 12th standard with PCMB so you are eligible for Engineering and Medical both.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard with above 50% marks from a recognized board are eligible for Engineering and Medical both.

Your age should be in between 18 to 25 years.
14th July 2019, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

Can i do aerospace or aeronautical engineering if I take mbipc in 12
31st January 2020, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

Presently I am in PCM 2nd year how can I get Mbipc
1st February 2020, 08:01 PM
Unregistered

I have completed M.Sc Computer Science in distance? Can i get job through gate rank for govt. and private sector job? My age around 35 years. Kindly reply me.
6th July 2021, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

Iam completed M.Bi.P.C.course. Iam legible for NEET
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?