6th March 2016, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

Which course is apt for IAS aspirants - LLB or Electrical Engineering?

I am a student who have completed plus 2, but i don't know which course i should choose as my graduation subject for cracking IAS. I am interested in both LLB as well as in Electrical Engineering. Kindly help me in choosing one subject between these two?

6th March 2016, 02:12 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course is apt for IAS aspirants - LLB or Electrical Engineering?

I.A.S stands for Indian Administrative Service and to become an I.A.S Officer you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination.

Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC every year. The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed graduation degree from any recognised university.
Candidate passed degree in any discipline are eligible to appear for examination.

So, you can select any stream in which you have more interest and so that even you can opt it as optional paper if you are more interested. To get more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
6th March 2016, 09:13 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course is apt for IAS aspirants - LLB or Electrical Engineering?

Cracking IAS exam has nothing to do with your stream in Graduation. You can opt for any stream according to your interest. Preparation for exam is up to you and you have to prepare according to syllabus. Only there is an optional subject which you can opt according to your choice.

It will be good if you do engineering because it will help you to have other job options as well in private sector along with the preparation.
6th March 2016, 10:27 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

It is even more tough for me to suggest you any one course to select for graduation discipline as both course are best and have best future scope.

Also, there is nothing to do with discipline of graduation to appear for Civil Service examination. Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC every year.

The examination is conducted in three stage and have to qualify in all of them for final recruitment as an I.A.S Officer. So, you can pursue any course, but if you are interested in technical degree you can pursue Electrical engineering course.

For more information about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in
7th March 2016, 12:50 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a student who have completed plus 2, but i don't know which course i should choose as my graduation subject for cracking IAS. I am interested in both LLB as well as in Electrical Engineering. Kindly help me in choosing one subject between these two?
You can choose any one of the course in graduation to study IAS. The eligibility to the UPSC Preliminary Examination is a pass in graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised university. So you can choose the course in which you have more interest. The upper age limit is 32 years for general category, for OBC 35 years and for SC/ST 37 years. There are Preliminary Exam, Main Exam and Interview for the selection. The UPSC is conducting the
examinations for the civil services, the website link is http://www.upsc.gov.in/
29th March 2017, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

I am a student studying 11 th std.I am here to write my board exams next year. I have choose bio maths group. which would be a apt course to persue my IAS exams .Is political science would be an best course
30th March 2017, 05:31 PM
srire

Apart from the normal streams according to the present trend “Degree +IAS “is also a good option for the students who aspire to be in Government sector Like IAS, IPS, IRS, IFS…. It can be also useful for writing all other competitive exams.

To be straight it saves lot of time (4–5 years) when compared with students who complete their B.tech/ other graduation programs and start preparing for competitive exams.

Good luck to future administrators…..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?