28th January 2011, 05:59 PM
kokila priya

How to become an IAS officer after Engineering (ECE)? how to prepare and subjects to study? Is it necessary to join IAS academy to prepare?

i'm doing my final year in electrical and electronics engineering branch. i wish to become an ias officer. is there any possibilities? if it so then what all steps should be taken for preparation?what subject can be choosen as optional subject?
is it need to join in an ias academy and prepare?if it so pls mention some centres in madurai,tamilnadu.

Related Questions:
  1. How to prepare to become an IAS officer and which subjects to be chosen? I am a class 12th student from science
  2. What are the subjects of IAS? How should I prepare for IAS?
  3. How should I prepare for IAS exam? Which are the main subjects that I have to study?
  4. How should I prepare for IAS entrance exam? I am an engineering ECE student in kalasalingam University
  5. How do I prepare to become an IAS Officer pursuing BE in Civil Engineering?
  6. How to prepare for IAS? Subjects to study?
  7. How to prepare for IAS with optional subjects Punjabi and Chemistry. I'm a first year engineering student at IIT
  8. How should I prepare to become an IAS Officer being a candidate having completed Graduation and pursuing MA in English? How to get study materials to prepare for this Exam?
  9. How should I prepare for IAS entrance exam? Which are the subjects that would help?
  10. How to select optional subjects for Civil Services examination? How to prepare well for the examination?
  11. Best coaching center in General studies?
  12. How should I prepare for IAS? I am studying B.E ECE
  13. How to prepare for IAS entrance exam? Subjects to be chosen? Requirements and books to be referred?
  14. List of top institutions for civil coaching in places like hyderabad, guntur or vijayawada?
  15. How to prepare for an IAS exam being an LLB holder? How does LLB will help me to be an IAS officer? -- [New]
  16. How to prepare for IAS exam during engineering and which are the subjects to be taken?
  17. Is it possible to fill IAS prelims form using 2nd graduation degree?
  18. How can I become an IAS officer? I am pursuing Physiotherapy
29th January 2011, 07:30 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an IAS officer after Engineering (ECE)? how to prepare and subjects to study? Is it necessary to join IAS academy to prepare?

You need to start preparations for the preliminary paper. You need to prepare in the area of general knowledge and optional subject. You can select the optional subject based on your engineering stream. It would be good to join a reputed training institute. Make sure that you solve as many previous year papers.
30th January 2011, 06:07 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to become an IAS officer after Engineering (ECE)? how to prepare and subjects to study? Is it necessary to join IAS academy to prepare?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokila priya View Post
i'm doing my final year in electrical and electronics engineering branch. i wish to become an ias officer. is there any possibilities? if it so then what all steps should be taken for preparation?what subject can be choosen as optional subject?
is it need to join in an ias academy and prepare?if it so pls mention some centres in madurai,tamilnadu.
dear friend,
to become an IAS officer, you will have to give ias exam which is conducted once in a year. the optional subject which you will have to take must be that one in which you think that you are capable of answering maximum questions. there are general knowledge questions also in the paper, you can prepare for that by reading newspaper or by watching t.v. news regularly. you can get previous years question papers and all other details of the exam on their official website
www.upsc.gov.in
3rd February 2011, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

please mention the subjects which are necessary to pass the exam....
5th February 2011, 02:26 AM
Unregistered

MY NAME IS GANDHAMALLA MADHU SUDHAN I COMPLETED DIPLOMA IN ELECTRONICS,PRESENTLY IM DOING BTECH 2ND YEAR ELECTRONICS & COMMUNICATION,I WANT TO BECOME AN IAS OFFICER,PLS GIVE THE SUGGESTION FOR TAKING GOOD OPTIONAL SUBJECT,
8th February 2011, 04:40 PM

Default How to become an IAS officer after Engineering (ECE)? how to prepare and subjects to study? Is it necessary to join IAS academy to prepare?

i'm doing my first year in electrical and electronics engineering branch. i wish to become an IAS officer. is there any possibilities? if it so then what all steps should be taken for preparation?what subject can be choosen as optional subject?
is it need to join in an ias academy and prepare?if it so pls mention some centres in A.P(hyd).
3rd March 2011, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

I am in 11th with science streme .what are the further steps i have to do to become an ias .i an preparing for engenering
22nd March 2011, 04:33 PM
shahul1423

you cannot choose your graduation subject as your optionals because it is not available in the upsc pattern. so you can choose general subjects like public administration,geography,sociology,history,psycolo gy.youcan join ias academy, it will guide only, you should work hard for your success
23rd March 2011, 04:31 PM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Hiiiiii Friend,

IAS (Indian Administrative Service) examinations are conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission).

Eligibility criteria for IAS Exam are as follows: -

1. Pass graduation / Bachelor’s degree in any subject or in any engineering stream or equivqlent from a recognised institute / university.

2. Age - 21 Years to 30 Years for General candidates, 21 Years to 33 Years for OBC candidates and 21 Years to 35 Years for SC / ST candidates.

3. Nationality - Indian

NOTE: - Final year appearing candidates can also apply.

Syllabus / Exam Pattern for IAS Examination are as follows: -

1. Written Tests = Consisting of 5 papers of 200 marks each.

Paper - I = General Ability includes General English, General Studies, Indian History, Geography. [Objective Type]

Paper - II & III = It includes relevant questions from engineering stream.
[Objective Type]

Paper - IV & V = It includes relevant questions from engineering stream. [Subjective Type]

2. Personality Test = Interview

Best of Luck
24th March 2011, 08:03 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Its a good decision to go with civil services

Eligibility Criteria for Civil Service Examination is

->you should have a degree from a recognized university.

->you should have minimum age of 21 years..

Relaxation for reserved category's in age

for OBC upto 33 years

for SC/ST/PD candidates upto 35 years

taking coaching depends on your personal interest ..

if you're dedicated hardworking and intelligent then no need of any coaching institutes..

so with all these once check out the following websites

www.onestopias.com

www.upscportal.com

regards

~aditya~
24th March 2011, 08:49 AM
Unregistered

A student who engg from institue of mechanical engineers (india) is eligible for IPS exam.
27th March 2011, 10:48 AM
Unregistered

I M A BTECH STUDENT OF 2ND YR COMPUTER SCIENCE BUT NOW I M HAVING MY BACK PAPER SO IN FUTURE CAN I GIVE IAS EXAM IF SUPPOSE I CAN CLEAR MY PAPER TILL THE DATE OF PRELIMINARY EXAM.BUT I M SURE THAT IWILL CLEAR THE PAPER .SO,PLEASE TILL ME CAN I GIVE THE EXAM OR NOT
27th March 2011, 10:57 AM
Unregistered

i im persuing my btech 2nd yr with computer science and i give exam of IAS but i have my back paper and suppose if i can't clear my paper till the date of exam so can i appear for IAS EXAM
1st April 2011, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

How and Where to apply for ias exam?
10th April 2011, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

hi
i am doin my third year EEE , shall i now apply for next year exam. which is the best institute to be get trained for IAS exam. whether need to write any preliminary test like that???
how much marks is required to become an IAS . whether the seat allotment for IAS is based on caste. what is the maximum marks that is required
13th April 2011, 11:59 AM
Unregistered

i wish to do diploma in mechanical engineering after tenth. can i dream of becoming an ias officer?
21st April 2011, 10:58 PM
Unregistered

Hi, Which medium (hindi/english) is better to prepare for IAS exam.
30th April 2011, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

Hi, How to become an IAS officer after engineering (Civil)
15th May 2011, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

I'M ANURAG COMPLETED INTERMEDIATE THIS ACADEMIC YEAR. HOW CAN I UTILISE LEISURE TIME FROM THIS SUMMER VACATIONS FOR IAS AS WELL AS ENGINEERING SUBJECTS BEFORE THE BEGINNING OF THE COURSE? HOW CAN I CHOOSE OPTIONAL SUBJECTS?
24th May 2011, 04:42 PM
Unregistered

i am a commerce student.which subjects should i prefer for mains in mppsc.
4th June 2011, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

what are the papers in preliminary and mains? can u please
7th June 2011, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

hi
i am inter 1st year(IIIT) student.I want to become an IAS.So pls give me suggessions and what subjects I prefered.Can i reach my goal?
7th June 2011, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

I am in 11th in IIIT. i want to become an IAS.Can i reach my goal?
11th June 2011, 11:51 PM
Unregistered

My interest in general studies is not much can i give ias exam without giving the exam of general knowledge plz help me
12th June 2011, 05:39 PM
Unregistered

sir i specially requst to you if you say answring you may save many students who has interested ias exam.i am presently studing b-tech ece 2nd year my gole is to become an ias officer . is it necessary to prepare the ias today onwords (or)ofter the b-tech .how to reach my gole.
13th June 2011, 10:54 PM
Sumit Ahujaa

Eligibility Criteria for IAS

you should have a degree from a recognized university.

you should have minimum age of 21 years..

for OBC upto 33 years

6th July 2011, 06:50 PM
Unregistered

i am student of b.tech (electronics & communication ) engg. sir please suggest me mention to branch related subject.
7th July 2011, 02:27 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear friend,

Educational Qualification :-
To appear in the civil services examination the minimum educational
qualification is graduation in any stream from a recognize university.

final year graduation student are also eligible for apply of civil services
examination.

Age Limit :-
For general category :- 21 to 30 years.
For SC/ST category :- 21 to 35 years.
For OBC candidates :- 21 to 33 years.

IAS examination procedure :-
Preliminary exam.
Main exam.
Personal Interview.

so after completion of your graduation you are eligible for IAS exam.

all the best
12th July 2011, 08:58 PM
Unregistered

is it compulsory to take elective subjectfor ias as engg subject as i m a engg student ?
15th July 2011, 12:10 AM
CHAUDHARY79

hi dear,

for OBC upto 33 years

if you're dedicated hardworking and intelligent then no need of any coaching institutes..

www.onestopias.com

www.upscportal.com

thanks
15th July 2011, 11:19 AM
CHAUDHARY79

hi dear,

for OBC upto 33 years

www.onestopias.com

www.upscportal.com

thanks
30th July 2011, 02:08 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I'm b.tech (ece branch) third year student. I want to be an IAS officer. Do i need to start the preparation now? I also want to prepare for GATE. Should i do preparation of both simultaneously? But how to do so? I'm very much confused.
8th August 2011, 01:24 AM
Unregistered

SIR,i am pursuing CIVIL ENGINEERING (FIRST YEAR). i want to became a IAS officer. how i can prepare from now itself ? is this a difficult task to became an IAS in first attempt itself ?
10th August 2011, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir,i am in first year of electronics engineering,after my graduation i would like to appear for upsc-ias examination.so, should i take engineering subjects as main and optional subject or i can opt any subject which are given for the examination?
24th August 2011, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

How to became an IAS officer aftr Engineering(CE)?how to prepare ?
5th September 2011, 10:43 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir,
Myself Arun Pratap Singh and I have completed my engg from ECE branch and i want to prepare for IAS so pls provide important guideline with whole detail.
my email address is [email protected]
22nd September 2011, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

what are the better optionals for ece students?
3rd November 2011, 10:16 PM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

dear friend,
to become an IAS officer, you will have to give ias exam which is conducted once in a year. the optional subject which you will have to take must be that one in which you think that you are capable of answering maximum questions. there are general knowledge questions also in the paper, you can prepare for that by reading newspaper or by watching t.v. news regularly. you can get previous years question papers and all other details of the exam on their official website
www.upsc.gov.in
13th November 2011, 02:46 PM
Unregistered

how to become a ips after B.E(cse)?
28th November 2011, 10:13 PM
murali1989

Please tell me about preparing for prelims... and I hear that Just by appearing prelims for SC/ST can attend Main... i m confused....
1st December 2011, 08:58 PM
Unregistered

i m final btec e.c.e studnt how istart i.a.s preparation??
2nd January 2012, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
plase tell me
2nd January 2012, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

friend tell me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
please mention the subjects which are necessary to pass the exam....
6th February 2012, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

i am a finalyear student.how to apply for ias exam.which month plz.
22nd February 2012, 07:08 PM
Unregistered

hello
i am in btech 2nd year .i want to become an ias officer but i don't read newspaper so if i start reading the newspaper daily .will it going to help me in qualifying the ias exam as i never read the newspaper before.
but its my aim and i have to become an ias no matter what.so please suggest some study material which i can carry with the study of btech.
24th February 2012, 03:13 PM
Unregistered

What are relaxation for OBC after engineering and apper for I.A.S
13th March 2012, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

Hi all,

I am BE in Information technology currently working in IT industry and doing good but i saw too much corruption that i cant tolerate so i have decided i will go for I.A.S. and destroy this corruption.
i have 67% degree from private engg. college. Can i give the exam and what subject should I take I am good in programming and my location is bangalore so where i can get coaching.
14th March 2012, 10:23 PM
Unregistered

How to select optional subjects based on electronics & communication engineering for IAS ?
14th March 2012, 11:32 PM
anlakshmi

IAS Stands for Indian Administration Services and this examination is Conducted by UPSC Every year and to apply for this examination you have to complete your Graduate degree course from a recognized University, Final year appearing candidates are also apply for this examination. You have to crack the Preliminary examination paper and Main examination Papers, only then you are eligible to appear for Final Interview for Final selection.

Eligibility for IAS:
Age limits :
21-30 years as on 1.7.2011. (Upper age limit relax able for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories
Educational Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree of a recognized university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering or an equivalent qualification.
You have to cracked this examination within the given Limits, If you have failed to cracked this examination in the Given Chances, then you cant apply for this examination Again.

>> General candidates will gets : 4 Chances
>> OBC Candidates : 7 Chances
>> SC/ST Candidates : No Limits

Important Dates :
-----------------

>> Date of Publication of Notification : 04/Feb/2012
>> Last date of apply for this examination : 05/March/2012
>> Preliminary examination Date : 20/May/2012
>> Main examination date : 05/Oct/2012.

Eligible candidates may fill the application form Online Only, There is no Offline application form Facility from this year.
15th March 2012, 05:43 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI!
Friend In I.A.S exam the main tension is about choosing the subject.
So in my option you should chose that subject in which you have interest and you know about that.

So that when you start your preparation you know some thing about you subject you choose.

List of optional subject:-
Agriculture
Management
Animal Husbandry & Vetinary Science
Mathematics
Anthropology
Mechanical Engineering
Botany
Medical Science
Chemistry
Philosophy
Civil Engineering
Physics
Commerce & Accountancy
Political Science & International Relations
Economics
Psychology
Electrical Engineering
Public Administration
Geography
Sociology
Geology
Statistics
Indian History
Zoology
Law.

In my opinion you should join coaching center so that you will get material and question paper.
You can get knowledge about the time management during the exam.
and how to attempts the paper.

GOOD LUCK!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?