19th June 2010, 09:39 AM
BWSMNYS5123

Difference between energy auditor & energy manager?

Dear sir,
What is the difference between energy auditor & energy manager?
I'm engineering graduate with 17 years of work experience.
How could i become an energy auditor / manager?

rgds
Pankaj

20th June 2010, 12:11 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Difference between energy auditor & energy manager?

Yes there is a difference in both. Energy Managers manage the energy usage in an organisation and Energy auditor as the name states audits or reviews the energy consumption

Yes you are eligible to answer. The admission is on the basis of entrance test conducted by National Certification for Energy Managers and Auditors

Exam is mainly held in the 3 week of July. The coming exam is on 18th July 2010

For more info visit http://www.em-ea.org/
20th June 2010, 05:58 PM
amit.2186

Offcoure there is great difference between energy managers and energy auditor,
An Energy Manager whose sole resplosibility is to manage and resolve energy managemennt systems(EMS) which is a system built in computer software provides tools used by the operators of electric utility grid to monitor, control and uptimize the performance of the transmission sysyem.

An Energy Auditor is one whose sole resposility is inspection, surveys and analysis of energy flows for energy conservation in a building, or system to reduce amount of energy input into the system without negatively affecting the outputs.

Yes surely you are elegible for getting admission ,you just need to go through a common entrance test. plz visit website www.em-ea.org.
20th June 2010, 10:35 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWSMNYS5123 View Post
Dear sir,

rgds
Pankaj

Generally people confuse that the role of Energy Managers and Energy Auditors are the same, but there are differences in the way both people work. Energy Managers role is to optimally use energy in a firm and ensure efficiency in its use. Whereas the role of Energy Audior is to carry out audits periodically to see the use of energy. Their main role is to measure the efficiency of energy and audit utility systems. The role of Energy Auditor is not only restricted to this. They are also responsible for analysing financial and technical feasibilty of various energy saving measures and to carry out studies and recommend the energy technologies which are efficient. To become and Energy Manager or an Energy Auditor you need to appear for a entrance test carried out by National Certification for Energy Managers and Auditors. You can visit http://www.em-ea.org/ for more details.
22nd June 2010, 11:03 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

Of course there are basic difference in energy auditor and energy manager.

The fundamental goal of energy management is to produce goods and provide services with the least cost and least environmental effect.

Energy Audit is the key to a systematic approach for decision-making in the area of energy management.
It attempts to balance the total energy inputs with its use, and serves to identify all
the energy streams in a facility.

Now you can sort out the difference between these two fields and make decision which field you want to join.

Good luck!
Good Luck.
12th July 2010, 12:11 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Well few of differances may be discussed as follows:-

Energy Manager :

1. A Diploma Engineer having 6 years of relevant experience is also eligible for it.

2. a post-graduate in Physics or Electronics or Chemistry (with Physics and Mathematics at graduation level) with three years of work experience involving use of energy in operation, maintenance, planning, etc.

3. Managers work maninly involves Maintanance and Controlling etc.

4. The candidate appearing for Energy Manager Examination has to pass 3 papers.

Energy Auditors :

1. Minimum Graduate Engineer with 3 years of relevant experience is required.

2. a post-graduate Engineer (Master of Engineering/Master of Technology) or equivalent with two years of work experience involving use of energy in operation, maintenance, planning, etc.

3. Auditors work mainly involves Analysis, Survey, report making etc.

4. Auditors has to pass all 4 papers.

Last edited by faiyaz; 12th July 2010 at 12:21 PM. Reason: editting
12th July 2010, 01:16 PM
Dkiran

An energy audit is an inspection, survey and analysis of energy flows for energy conservation in a building, process or system to reduce the amount of energy input into the system without negatively affecting the output(s).

Energy manager is one who emonstrating expertise in several areas ranging from standards, air quality, energy audits, lighting, procurement and even financing.
12th July 2010, 04:05 PM
vanshu sharma

Thumbs up Re: Difference between energy auditor & energy manager?

yes there is difference b/w energy auditor & energy manager
Energy auditor is the one who manages the records and maintaining the management
Energy manager is the one who manages the deals & making new plans to increase the output & benifit the company
for further information pls visit the site :
www.em-ea.org
19th July 2010, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

sir I am pursuing M.Tech 3rd sem in Industrial Engg with no work experience, I am eligible for EM/EA examination?
8th August 2010, 12:25 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I am having MCA degree & working in a Power Discom from more than 6 years(also having certificate in ACPDM from IGNOU). Am I ligible for Energy Auditor/Manager examination?
12th August 2010, 04:02 AM
Unregistered

what is the average salary of energy auditor at the entry level? what is the scope of this field?
14th August 2010, 01:02 AM
munendra

Sir, I am having MCA degree & working in a Power Discom from more than 6 years(also having certificate in ACPDM from IGNOU). Am I ligible for Energy Auditor/Manager examination?
15th August 2010, 12:33 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by munendra View Post

I dont think you are eligible for it, because for a PG candidate for Energy Auditor eligibility criteria is such that "a post-graduate in Physics or Electronics or Chemistry (with Physics and Mathematics at graduation level) with three years of work experience involving use of energy in operation, maintenance, planning, etc."

while for Energy Manager it is "a post-graduate Engineer (Master of Engineering/Master of Technology) or equivalent with two years of work experience involving use of energy in operation, maintenance, planning, etc."
15th August 2010, 12:40 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Hi

There is little bit difference in energy auditor and the energy manager
Energy audit involves a systematic study undertaken on major energy consuming sections and equipments including construction of heat and mass balance with a view to identify the flow of energy, efficient use of energy in each of the steps and pin-point wastage of energy. A well-conducted energy audit would reveal the areas of wastage of energy and it would lead to suggestions for possible energy savings in all sectors.

where as the energy manager have a work to manages this things or we can say the mangement of above things is done by the energy manager.

For more information you can log on to:
http://www.em-ea.org/

GOOD LUCK
15th August 2010, 12:49 PM
ravi k
Senior Member+

dear friend,

energy managers in any companies manages the use of energy while energy auditor audits the energy consumed of the companies.

you can become energy auditor or energy manager but for that you have to appear in exam conducted by national certification for energy managers and energy auditors.

Exam is conducted in the 3rd week of July.

all d best.
15th August 2010, 03:24 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

H!

The difference between energy auditor & energy manager is as follows:

An energy auditor is one who conducts inspection, survey and analysis of energy flows for energy conservation in a building, process or system to reduce the amount of energy input into the system without negatively affecting the output(s).

Energy manager is one whose responsibility is to optimally use energy in a firm and ensure efficiency in its use.

Qualifications require:

For energy manager - post-graduate Engineer or equivalent with two years of work experience involving use of energy in operation, maintenance, planning, etc.

For energy auditor - a post-graduate in Physics or Electronics or Chemistry (with Physics and Mathematics at graduation level) with three years of work experience.
15th August 2010, 09:15 PM
rohit_k

Yes there is a very difference bothbecause Energy Managers manage the energy usage in any organisation department in india and Energy auditor as the name states audits only.
these exam held on may last week in a year.
1st September 2010, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

what is diference between management and auditor ?
12th October 2010, 03:04 PM
megna73

An energy auditor comes out to your building and interviews facility managers, inspects lighting, air conditioning, heating and ventilation equipment, controls, air compressors, water consuming equipment, and anything else that is using energy. The auditor will develop a list of energy conservation measures (ECMs) that could reduce energy usage and costs in your building. Some measures will take decades to pay for themselves, while others will start paying for themselves within months.
Whereas energy manager is a term that has a number of meanings, but we're mainly concerned with the one that relates to saving energy in businesses, public-sector/government organizations, and homes.

power plant due diligence
15th October 2010, 03:55 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Smile Re: Difference between energy auditor & energy manager?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWSMNYS5123 View Post
Dear sir,

rgds
Pankaj

energy manager:the person who manage to supply energy according to the demand.

energy auditor:the person who reviews the supplied energy and review the system.

for energy auditor or manager certificate course basis of entrance test conducted by National Certification for Energy Managers and Auditors
Exam is mainly held in the 3 week of July.

good luck.
15th October 2010, 11:29 PM
aotiwari

There is huge difference between the two, hence two different field
Energy Managers manage the energy usage in an organisation(as the name suggest manage) and
Energy auditor as the name states audits or reviews the energy consumption ( no managing)

You are eligible for both

For more details log on to http://www.em-ea.org/
15th December 2010, 11:44 AM
Unregistered

dear sir i have totally 6 yrs experiance & 4 yrs in power sector field in the metering & switchgers, can i appear in energy manager exam or before that i have to do any post graduate diploma course in energy management, basicly i am a diploma holder
9th August 2011, 02:26 PM
Unregistered

sir what is the future of enery manager/auditor in india,which companies gives jobs if i certified BEE manager exam,at what salary.?.concfused omkar
10th August 2011, 02:10 PM
vigilancebti

energy auditor:a technical check of energy use,as in a home or factory,to monitor and evaluate consumption.

energy manager:it is saving energy n businesses ,public sector/government organizations and home.
19th November 2011, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

My qualification is Diploma in Mechanical,First class Boiler profeciency also I have done Master in mechanical engineering from National academay of planning and business administration ( Interbnational B school Certification) having 20 years Power plant Experience.

Can I appear for Energy Auditer Examination?

Chavan U.R.
9th December 2011, 05:28 PM
Unregistered

can energy auditors have their own firms to evaluate industries as in case of C.A..??
9th December 2011, 05:30 PM
Unregistered

can energy auditors have their own firms to audit industries as in case of C.A..??
9th December 2011, 05:32 PM
saheel20490

can energy auditors open their own firms to evaluate industries as in case of a C.A..??
7th July 2012, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
How to become an Energy Manager, I have degree ( B.E.- Electrical) with 4 years 6 months experience( excluding 1 year trainee period) in electrical maintenance ( 1year in rolling mill & other in power plant div.)

Regards
Bhupesh
12th October 2012, 11:32 AM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to have work experience in Power sector or any experience in transformer manufacturing industry will do..?
24th March 2013, 10:25 AM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,
I am a pass out student of BE mech (2012). And i am interested, to be an Energy auditor in my upcoming career. Recently i am working in a valve industry. So will u guide me about the career options in energy audit field and scope for mechanical engineer in it?
2nd August 2013, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by imira View Post
Generally people confuse that the role of Energy Managers and Energy Auditors are the same, but there are differences in the way both people work. Energy Managers role is to optimally use energy in a firm and ensure efficiency in its use. Whereas the role of Energy Audior is to carry out audits periodically to see the use of energy. Their main role is to measure the efficiency of energy and audit utility systems. The role of Energy Auditor is not only restricted to this. They are also responsible for analysing financial and technical feasibilty of various energy saving measures and to carry out studies and recommend the energy technologies which are efficient. To become and Energy Manager or an Energy Auditor you need to appear for a entrance test carried out by National Certification for Energy Managers and Auditors. You can visit http://www.em-ea.org/ for more details.
see this also :-
Energy manager( BEEM) and auditor are the same becse the fourth paper is copying from text book; copying from books is not a qualification to count ; but the accredited energy auditor( BEEA) is of higher level with certain level of knowledge. pl note .
30th October 2013, 11:15 AM
Unregistered

Sir i am BE EC , and i am interested to become energy Manager ,I have only 1 year of exp from industry , & 2 years for teaching,so am i applicable for this?
Also i want to know the scope of this field in surat ,baroda or Ankleshwar area in gujarat?

Regards
Richakaur
14th December 2013, 09:36 AM
Unregistered

I have total 4 years of exp. in electrical design field.i have chosen energy efficiency subject as an elective in last sem. Of B.E.electial.i am interested for energy auditor/manager exam.please inform me future scope for energy auditor/manager?
20th July 2014, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

Sir now I am final year be student . Next year completed my degree so I am so tired to attend the energy manager exam .is it possible sir!
8th May 2016, 11:55 AM
Unregistered

sir,

I am electronics Engineer . Please guide me how I am eligible for Energy Manager and Energy Auditor post .

Thanks and Regards
Divyang
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?