21st June 2010, 02:10 PM
Unregistered

How to become a professional Copy Editor? Scope of a copy editor in India?

I am working as a copyeditor of american physics journals in a mnc after doing physics hons from du,i just want to know k do i have any future in this field ,and if there then what can(i mean qualifications needed) i do to be a professional in this field?please do reply me as soon as possible

30th June 2010, 12:39 AM
vidh
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to become a professional Copy Editor? Scope of a copy editor in India?

Hello friend,
for editors they should have a strong knowledge in english grammers, engineering,you have opportunities in technical, bussiness, trade publications, get jobs in media org. , wesite advertising, you can earn uptu
you can apply for cinometography as you are elligible .
following websites may help you out,
www.copydesk.org
www.the-efa.org
www.naa.org
www.newsguild.org
1st July 2010, 12:19 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become a professional Copy Editor? Scope of a copy editor in India?

for a professional copy editor you must have a degree in english or journalism.your grammer must be very very strong.your scope is also too much wide as you can choose advertising ,cinemetography and work as an editori n different magagines.
3rd July 2010, 01:35 AM
garg.satish0
Senior Member++++

hello !!
At present you are working as a copy editor with specialization in physics as you have pursued your bachelor degree from physics ...

but i would like to communicate you that , if you wan't to be a professional copy editor , than just having good knowledge in physics will not be enough ..

you need to be graduate in English / Journalism with an excellent vocabulary , grammar and proof reading skills . But as you have already passed your graduation so you need to obtain a course in journalism from some affiliated college .

you can also do this course through distance learning program which are offered by some good college including IGNOU , delhi or from any other college in USA (if you are working over there ) ...

You also need to be highly effective in communicating skills since copy editor plays an important role in any organisation .

As you have experience as a copy editor , it will benefit you alot .

hope your doubts to be cleared !
All the best !!!
3rd July 2010, 12:27 PM
vanshu

FOR editing u must inc ur english , vocablury , journalism ,etc
u must be socially awre person of the society
for further details u can visit the site
www.naa.org
12th January 2011, 07:05 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

As to develop a career in this field, a degree in Physics won’t help you any further. You need to attain a degree in English or a Journalism degree. You need to develop your vocabulary and grammar. Try to increase your skills in proof reading. As you already have a degree, try to obtain a certificate in Journalism from a good college as well. There are many distance learning programs offered by leading universities like IGNOU, Delhi University etc. You can also get a degree from USA. With your experience in this field as a copy writer, will definitely help you a lot.
10th February 2011, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

i m working as assistant copy editor in springer ,wat is the scope for copy editors
15th June 2011, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

i worked as a copywriter in 2 agencies and then shifted to working in other industries. Now wish to pursue education in copy editing. Do I have a bright scope for the same?
2nd July 2011, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

IM PURSUING MY GRADUATION IN ENGLISH LITERATURE FROM CALCUTTA UNIVERSITY.I WANT TO DO MASTERS IN JOURNALISM AFTER MY GRADUATION.IM A LITTLE CAMERA SHY SO I WANT TO KNOW WHICH FIELD OF JOURNALISM WILL BE GOOD FOR ME?HOWEVER I WANT TO BE AN EDITOR,SUB-EDITOR OF A REPUTED NEWSPAPER OR MAGAZINES.SO PLEASE HELP ME OUT!IM IN DEEP CRISIS.
20th July 2011, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

what is the scope of being in a journal editorial office ??
24th January 2014, 11:29 PM
Unregistered

scope of newspaper editor? pay scale of newspaper editor?jobs of newspaper editor?
25th January 2014, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

scope for newspaper editor in india and pay scale ?
5th December 2014, 05:15 PM
Unregistered

10 years of copy editing/proof reading I have yet not doing very well. what to do?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?