11th November 2016, 03:59 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply as OBC category in Maharashtra, if my caste is in OBC list in Karnataka state?

: I belong to Hindu maratha caste, which is OBC in Karnataka. My birth place is in Karnataka. Can I get OBC certificate in Maharashtra for daughter's education. I am having domicile from Maharashtra. So, please tell can I get admission from OBC quota from Maharashtra state. In Maharashtra maratha are in open category. What can I do?

Related Questions:
  1. OBC reservation certificate from the state of Karnataka But caste is not listed under OBC category in the state of Maharashtra -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Will I get OBC reservation benefits for exams held by Maharashtra State?
  3. Keralite OBC certificate holder who is living in Maharashtra after marriage belongs to which caste OBC or UR?
  4. Can I avail reservation of Maharashtra State if I am born here?
  5. Can I get an OBC certificate from Maharashtra? I belong to Shaikh(Muslim) family and my family resides at Karnataka
  6. What is the last date for caste certificate verification in IPU?
  7. Is there separate list of castes for OBC category at state and national level?
  8. Does Lohana caste in Gujarati come under OBC category in the state of Maharashtra?
  9. If a student is of "Mer" caste under OBC category in Gujarat then is he eligible to get OBC certificate?
  10. Is Badgujar caste from Maharashtra included in Central List of OBC's? How to get the caste certificate of OBC in central government?
  11. Do I fall under Creamy or Non Creamy layer if my father is a governemnt employee with annual income of 7 Lacs? -- [New]
  12. How to prove that I belong to an OBC caste?
  13. Why there is a separate caste list at state and central for reservation?
  14. Kunchitiga caste falls under OBC category of Central Government jobs?
  15. Can CSIR cancel my JRF candidature if I mentioned OBC in examination form but they don't consider me OBC?
  16. Is orissa scheduled caste included in central OBC list?
  17. MHT CET OBC category: I don't have the OBC certificate yet
  18. Maharashtra OBC are eligible for scholarship?
12th November 2016, 09:19 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply as OBC category in Maharashtra, if my caste is in OBC list in Karnataka state?

1. Every state government has different list of Other Backward category candidates. Since in Maharashtra Maratha are in open category, your daughter will be treated as general candidate in Maharashtra.

2. You can not avail reservation benefits on basis of your OBC status in Karnataka in Maharashtra.
12th November 2016, 05:34 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply as OBC category in Maharashtra, if my caste is in OBC list in Karnataka state?

No, I am sorry to say that you can only apply for the OBC certificate of a candidate from the place the candidate has been born, i.e. birth place of the candidate.

If your child is born in karnataka state, then you can very much apply for OBC certificate from karnataka, otherwise you will have to make it from Maharashtra itself.
15th February 2020, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

I belong to the cast obc in karnataka so i have karnataka obc cast certificate is it valid in maharashta school for admission as il staying in maharashtra
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?