16th December 2016, 04:07 PM
Akshat shrivastava 2

What is the minimum marks required in class 10th (CBSE) to get admission in class 11th

Respected Sir, I am studying in class 10th from CBSE Board and I am about to appear for the final exam so I want to know how much should I score in class 10th to get admission in class 11th? Which Books should I prefer studying? Please answer as soon as possible.

18th December 2016, 02:03 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum marks required in class 10th (CBSE) to get admission in class 11th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshat shrivastava 2 View Post
Respected Sir, I am studying in class 10th from CBSE Board and I am about to appear for the final exam so I want to know how much should I score in class 10th to get admission in class 11th? Which Books should I prefer studying? Please answer as soon as possible.

The students after getting pass marks in 10th are eligible for the 11th standard. But some of the reputed schools required over 70% marks to get admission in class 11 science group. The marks required will change from one school to another school. The cut off marks will change based on the competition also. So if you scored over 70% marks then you have a good chance of getting the group you want to join.
18th December 2016, 03:04 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum marks required in class 10th (CBSE) to get admission in class 11th

The admission criteria differs from one school to another, however you should try to score a minimum of 60% in aggregate and then can apply for admission in 11th standard in any good school and continue with your studies further.

I would suggest you to try and score as well as possible to be able to get admission in any good school for higher studies.
18th December 2016, 04:58 PM
princekainth2

Hi, there is no national eligibility admission criteria for admission in class 11th on the basis of Class 10th result.

You must pass from class 10th and get the DMC from the board and appear for admission in Class 11.

You may or may not get admission in the specific school in which you want to study because they may have their own eligibility criteria.

To get the good result in class 10th, you should give priority to NCERT books.

But even if you want some extra books, you should choose
1) PK Garg for Maths.
2) XAM Idea for Science.
3) Reliable book for SST.
4) BBC for English Grammar Preparation.

P.S: Do not forget to try previous year question papers of Board exams.
18th December 2016, 07:13 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Actually the percentage you will get depend in which stream you are interested. If you are interested to Opt for science stream then you must have to score more than 70% marks in your 10th standard and if you are interested to choose commerce stream in your 11th standard then you must have to score more than 60% marks and lower than it will be eligible to take admission in Arts stream only. So more important is that you must score as per your capability not as per your choice because higher marks will definitely help you in further studies and job matters also.
18th December 2016, 09:10 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

The required eligibility to get admission in 11th std is :-

Candidate must have passed 10th from a recognised board.

Candidate must have minimum passing aggregate in board examination.

So, to get admission in 11th std you just need passing aggregate.

The best recommended books for preparing for examination is NCERT books and previous year question papers.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?