29th June 2011, 09:25 AM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in any top engineering college like IIT, NIT, MIT after scoring 74% marks in 12th?

I have secured 74 percent marks in +2.i have one year gap after 10+2. Can i get admission in any top engineering college like IIT NIT MIT without any problem?

Related Questions:

5th February 2012, 11:37 PM
Shivam.Tiwari

Default Re: Can I get admission in any top engineering college like IIT, NIT, MIT after scoring 74% marks in 12th?

Yes, you can get in many of the top engineering colleges after scoring 74% marks in 12th.

5th February 2012, 11:41 PM
Shivam.Tiwari

Default Re: Can I get admission in any top engineering college like IIT, NIT, MIT after scoring 74% marks in 12th?

Yes, it is possible to get admission in many of the top engineering colleges like IIT, NIT etc. after scoring 74% in 12th class.

27th April 2012, 02:41 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Yes shore you can get the admission in top engineering colleges.

Some of the top engineering colleges:

NIT(NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY), Allahabad,

NIT(National Institute of Technology), Nagpur,

NIT(National institute of technology) jaipur,

NIT(National institute of technology), Warangal.

There are lot of engineering colleges like this colleges over india.

Best of luck

16th June 2012, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

i have got 87% marks in 12th cbse board 2012 and 165564 AIR IN AIEEE 2012 ,SC CATEGORY RANK 7464 WILL I GET NIT COLLAGE AND WHAT ARE THE TOP GOVERNMENT ENGINEERING COLLAGES WHICH I CAN GET? PLZZZZZZZZ REPLY SOON.................

20th June 2012, 03:53 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Can I get admission in any top engineering college like IIT, NIT, MIT after scoring 74% marks in 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have secured 74 percent marks in +2.i have one year gap after 10+2. Can i get admission in any top engineering college like IIT NIT MIT without any problem?
Hi

SURE YOU CAN GET ADMISSION IN ALL THESE TOP COLLEGES WITHOUT ANY Problem !

See Engineering is one of the most demanded branches in the country at the moment. So there are many students who are running after this course.
The Basic Eligibility Criteria to take up Engineering course is that you should be a minimum12th pass in Science stream with over 60% aggregate in it from a recognized school.

Also you must have studied Science subjects namely Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics Compulsorily.

You may know that there are many Engineering Entrance Exams in our country. They are :-

IIT JEE, AIEEE, DCE CEE, UPTUEE, WB JEE, COMED K, MHT-CET, SRMEEE, VITEEE, etc..

So you have to apply for these exams for which you are surely eligible. Then on cracking any, you can take up any good Engineering stream.
However you are otherwise eligible for all these exams, but you have to clear these exams scoring very high to get admission in the top colleges which you have mentioned.

Even if you have a year gap, then your attempts would be limited for last for the IIT, 2 for the AIEEE. There are other exams which have no limits in the attempts. So you can appear as many times in them as you want. Do not worry about that.
But be determined that you will crack the exam in the first or at max the second attempt.

Hope this helps
All the best

Regard
RANJEET

20th June 2012, 04:17 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear...........
As you are interested to take admission in top Engineering college that is good but for that you have to get good rank in entrance exam other wise you can not .

I am providing you the list of entrance which you can apply for engineering.....

Good luck..............

20th June 2012, 04:54 PM
sumit911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Hello Dear Friend, Yes you are eligible to appear in the exams for getting admission to top engineering colleges like IIT, NIT, MIT, etc.

The only eligibility criteria for these colleges is 60% aggregate in PCM. So if you have obtain that then nobody can stop you from appearing in the entrance exams for these colleges.

You need to prepare very well for bagging a seat in these colleges though because as you know the competition in India is fierce. There are a lot of Brilliant minds in India, which is really great for India, but it also means that you need to work extra hard to achieve your dreams.

But do not let those things come to your head. Just focus on your goals and prepare very well. Your concepts should be very clear in the subjects. You must not give up till the end. Just keep trying and finally you will achieve your dream.

20th June 2012, 05:20 PM
tinu0024

Yes you can get any of the top engineering college except IIT as you have an year gap after 12th.
According to eligibility criteria any candidate can apply for IIT maximum 2 times i.e. with 12th and the very next year.
Sorry for that but you are not eligible for IIT.

You can apply for AIEEE, COMEDK, RPET, etc.

20th June 2012, 11:42 PM
Vikas hrc

Hi friend...

After passing your 12th with 74% and having one year gap,you are eligible to appear in the entrance exams conducted for Engineering.
You can't take direct admission in a good Engineering college through your 12th result.
You will have to crack the entrance exams also.

There are many engineering entrance exams conducted in our country such as:-
1.IIT-JEE.
2.AIEEE.
3.BITSAT.
4.UPTEE.
5.VITEEE.
6.SRMEE.
7.WBJEE.
8.BCECE.
9.Orissa JEE,etc.

The maximum number of attempts in IIT-JEE is two times.
So,this will be your last chance to appear in IIT-JEE.
You can appear in AIEEE three times,so 2 attempts are available for you now.

So,try to secure good rank this time and get admission in a good college this time only.

Best of luck.
Thanks.

25th June 2012, 01:09 AM
GURINDER BILLING

hiii..!!!!!

-> After passing your 12th with 74% and having one year gap,you are eligible to appear in the entrance exams conducted for Engineering.

->You can't take direct admission in a good Engineering college through your 12th result.

There are many engineering entrance exams conducted are as follows:-

-->IIT-JEE.
-->AIEEE.
-->BITSAT.
-->UPTEE.
-->VITEEE.
-->SRMEE.
-->WBJEE.
-->BCECE.
-->Orissa JEE,etc.

so,work hard ....all the best....

29th June 2012, 04:12 PM
Unregistered

i have got 76% in 12th and rank 54000 in aieee in which college should i take admission

30th June 2012, 11:28 PM
tanveersandhu

Dear friend you can take admission in these above mentioned good colleges like IITs, NITs etc but not on the basis of your percentage in 12th but on the basis of Entrance exams. For your kind information i want to tell you and if you are not aware of the information that there are several entrance examinations for getting admission in these colleges. These examinations include IIT, AIEEEetc.
You will have to give the Above mentioned examinations and score good marks and rank if you have to get admission in these colleges. Your percentage in 12th is good enough to appear in these entrance examinations. Thanks.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?