15th May 2019, 07:02 PM
Unregistered

Can I take admission in the CA CPT stage after completing 10th Board exams?

I have completed my 10th Board exams and I wanted to study Chartered Accountancy (CA) course . So, which stream should I opt in Higher Secondary? Would Commerce help me? I heard that I join CPT on basis of 10th. Is it true?

21st May 2019, 09:18 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take admission in the CA CPT stage after completing 10th Board exams?

No, you can’t take admission in CA CPT stage after completion of your 10th standard board examinations. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination from a government recognised board are eligible to apply for CA CPT examination. By qualifying the CA CPT examination, you can get admission in CA CPT course. Candidates who have passed graduate degree with minimum aggregate of 60% marks (55% for B.Com graduates) are exempted from appearing in CPT examination and they can directly register for IPCC.
21st May 2019, 07:10 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I take admission in the CA CPT stage after completing 10th Board exams?

To be eligible for appearing in CPT (Common Proficiency Test) to get admitted to Foundation course in CA i.e; stage one of three staged CA degree course, the minimum education required is a Class 12th in any discipline from a recognised board.

So, being a Class 10th passed candidate, you are not eligible to appear in CPT at this stage but you can register for the same examination at this moment as registration for Class 10th passed candidate is allowed.

Further, in case of CA course, students being from a Commerce background in more favourable and therefore you should opt for Commerce stream if you are determined to pursue CA course in future.

For more FAQs related to CA CPT, you can refer to the link www.icai.org.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?