11th July 2022, 11:33 PM
Unregistered

Can I give JEE Advanced after failing twice in JEE MAIN?

I have appeared for jee mains and got 7000state and 137500 national rank in 2014-15 , can I appear again ..
How many times can one appear for mains...
Is there any wayto appear to advance with d ranking I have...
Is it possible to appear directly to jee advance after failing twice in mains

12th July 2022, 09:44 AM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give JEE Advanced after failing twice in JEE MAIN?

No, you are not eligible to write the JEE Advanced exam if you don't qualify in the JEE Mains exam.
However, you can write JEE Mains for 3 times in consecutive years.
Therefore, you can take the exam for last time and get qualified to write the JEE Advanced exam.
12th July 2022, 11:50 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

The very first thing I would like to let you know is that a candidate is allowed to appear in JEE Advanced only twice (at maximum) and these two attempts must be successive
attempts (first in the year in which one has completed his/her Class 12th and the second in the year following it).

So, having attempted JEE Mains in 2014-15 means you must have completed your Class
12th during the same academic session and therefore you cannot appear in the JEE
Advanced or JEE Main having completed your Class 12th in 2014 or 2015.

For complete details regarding JEE Main and JEE Advanced eligibility conditions, you can refer to the link www.jeemain.nta.nic.in and www.jeeadv.ac.in.
12th July 2022, 12:02 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear for JEE Main or Advanced now.

The maximum allowed attempt for Main is three while for Advanced is twice.
12th July 2022, 02:51 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

The candidate can appear in the JEE mains maximum 6 times over a period of consecutive three years.
Hence, being appeared in JEE main in 2014-15, you are not eligible to re appear in the mains exam now in 2022.

You can not appear in the JEE advance examination after failing in the mains examination.
And for your kind information it is to be noted that the you can appear a maximum two times in the JEE advance examination.
12th July 2022, 03:57 PM
Msdhoni02

Yes, you can give JEE Advanced after failing twice in JEE MAIN.

1. A candidate can give JEE Mains and JEE Advanced 6 times in a span of three years.

2. In a year, a candidate can appear for JEE Main twice in the months of January and April. If the candidate has passed 12th exam in 2019 then the candidate can appear in 2020 and 2021 JEE Main.
13th July 2022, 08:03 AM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot give JEE Advance exam without qualifying in JEE main exam.

Those candidates who have secured top 1,50, 000 rank ( including all categories) in JEE Main examination are eligible for JEE advanced exam.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
13th July 2022, 06:10 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

No, You will only be eligible to give JEE Advanced exam, after qualifying the JEE Mains exam. If you don't qualify the mains exam, you won't be eligible to give the advance exam. If you wish to do your Btech in IITs, the advance exam is a must.
14th July 2022, 11:20 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can give JEE Advanced, never lose hope JEE Main and JEE Advanced are simply a process to get admission in NIT and IITs. Cracking JEE doesn't mean a skilled engineer after JEE there starts a 4-year journey. The minimum qualification required for JEE Advanced is a candidate should have passed the 10+2 examination in 2020, 2021, or students appearing in class 12th final examination in 2022 can also apply. The age of the candidate should have been born on or after 1st October 1997.
31st May 2023, 09:21 PM
Nikhil202k
Banned

No, if you have failed to qualify in JEE Main examination twice, you are not eligible to appear for JEE Advanced. Qualifying JEE Main is a prerequisite for being eligible to take the JEE Advanced exam.

To be eligible for JEE Advanced, a candidate must secure a position in the specified category-wise cutoff ranks in JEE Main. Only those candidates who meet the cutoff ranks and fulfill other eligibility criteria are eligible to appear for JEE Advanced.

If you have not qualified in JEE Main in two consecutive attempts, you will not be eligible to appear for JEE Advanced in the same year or subsequent years. It's important to note that the eligibility criteria may be subject to change, so it's always advisable to refer to the official information brochure or website for the most accurate and updated eligibility criteria for a specific year.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?