19th July 2010, 03:13 PM
kantri kranti

Good at Mathematics but not Physics and Chemistry, which field in Btech to choose then?

sir,
am kranti,very gud at mathematics but not at physics and chemistry..
i just finished inter and planning to persue b.tech...
can u suggest me what field would be best for my career..?
mail me at [email protected]

19th July 2010, 03:58 PM
Kumar Mayank

Default Re: Good at Mathematics but not Physics and Chemistry, which field in Btech to choose then?

There is no such necessity of being specialized in any particular field for B.tech.
Almost every stream comprises of a combination of all subjects,except a few. As you are good at maths you should look for the following streams:
1.Civil
2.Automobile
3.Computer science
Best of luck
19th July 2010, 04:33 PM
N.MD.AZHARUDDIN
Senior Member+

Default Re: Good at Mathematics but not Physics and Chemistry, which field in Btech to choose then?

hii friend ,, for b tech 1st year you wil be having all the three subjects physics, mathematics an chemistry....you can take civil or comp sci because mechanical aeronautical , electrical ,ece all contains physics an chemistry.. so you can go with civil or else with any comp science and software group... good luck
19th July 2010, 04:41 PM
trupti_9227

see, in engineering mathematics & physics have an very important role to play.so, taking any field in b.tech & thinking that i know have only maths to do, is not true.here i have mentioned some of my suggestions:
you can go for aeronautical or aerospace engineering , because in these fields you need to have good speed & accuracy in calculations.
19th July 2010, 04:44 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Hi Kranti,

It is really appreciable that you are good at maths!

If you are strong in this subject and have keen interest in this subject then you can opt for doing maths honors or statistics honors.

As you said that you are planning for B.Tech, you also can go for it.
There is B.Arch also you can choose as career option.

Maths is the most important subject among PCM to join engineering.
So there is nothing to worry about.

Best of luck!
19th July 2010, 04:59 PM
sharad3010

if u r good at maths only der is not much prob in cmng future of urs as u not need much worry

as dere is no use of phy or chem much

so u can opt fr any branch
19th July 2010, 07:45 PM
odc

as you know there are many fields in which the B. Tech. degree is provided such as Electronics Engineering Mechanical Engineering Computer engineering, Electrical engineering,Aerospace engineering, Civil engineering, Chemical engineering, Production Engineering and Textile Engineering. so i suggest that from these fields in which field mathematics used the most you choose that because in all these fields physics and chemistry are also needed and they form the basics of these fields. so already you are good in mathematics why not you put some efforts in preparing physics and chemistry. so ultimately i suggest that instead choosing an alternative you prepare for a particular field and be eligible to be admitted there.
best of luck
19th July 2010, 08:42 PM
garg.satish0
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Good at Mathematics but not Physics and Chemistry, which field in Btech to choose then?

Hello !!!

I would like to tell you that it doesn't matter too much in BTech that too what you was interested in your +2 as it's entirely different scenario in BTech graduation .

All stream in engineering does includes mathematics as one of the subjects to be taught but if you are having great zeal for mathematics than you must go for integrated course in MSc. from mathematics for research work in this field .

The best place to pursue various course related to mathematics is Indian Statistical Institute ( ISI ) , kolkata but for that you need to appear in the entrance test which is conducted in the month of april or may ( notifications regarding it will be published in November ..

visit this website for details regarding the above institute .

Regards
~satish
19th July 2010, 09:03 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Hey Dear thats not a problem at all.

Apart from MAthematics Engineering also plays a vital role.

And Engineering streams like- Civil, Computer Science, Information Technology are the branches which has lesser to do with Physics and Chemistry but MAthematics is the backbone.

And if someone is somewhat weaker in Physics then it doesn't mean he cannot continue with it. Every 4/10 students at there +2 find MAthematics comparetive tougher then any other subject to handle.

But never forget that MAthematics is the Language of Physics and also MAthematics is like a dish without salt at higher level.

Even if you are going for b.sc (Maths) or M.scyou have to study physics there also, there you have to solve Physics calculations by applying Mathematical laws.

And also dont forget that Personalities like- Newton, Einstien, Stephen Hawkins, H.C.Verma etc. all are Mathematicians but had worked for Physics because "Mathematics is the Language of Physics and is alone without Physics"

And branch of Mathematics which we know from name "Applied MAthematics is nothing but Application of Physics.

So, being weak in other subject is not the solution, if you have Good Command over Mathematics.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
19th July 2010, 10:13 PM
Senior Member+++

hello friend
there is no problemif you are not good at physics and chemistry

as you are interested in doing b.tech you can go for that but you need to appear for aieee and inm that you need to be good in physics and chemistry ad maths

but do not worry you are good at maths that is your best point and you can go for a m.sc in maths
that will give you great oppurtunities
19th July 2010, 10:22 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

hello,

it is good that you want to do engineering.And it is all the more good that you are strong in mathematics. You can almost choose any branch in engineering. As most of the branches have physics only in the first or second semester, but all branches have this condition.
But thereafter, only 2 or three branches have chemistry as the main subject that is if you want to do chemical engineering
But you can choose any branch apart from chemical if you are not strong in physics and chemistry.Both subjects will be there for only first 2 semesters and thereafter no more of them.Also one thing to note is that physics and chemistry in these semesters are preety and not as tough as we had in the 11th and 12th standards.

Go ahead and chase your dreams.

Best Of Luck!!
19th July 2010, 11:02 PM
sathsish

Smile Re: Good at Mathematics but not Physics and Chemistry, which field in Btech to choose then?

hello friend,

my suggestion is to choose engineering it may be b.tech or BE
because,
in engineering you will be getting physics and chemistry only for first year that too will be depending on your +2 subjects after that you wont get struggle.
then if you need maths for atleast 6semester take b.tech..!!
so whatever you choose be a master in that...

all the very best dude..!@!

cheers..!@
20th July 2010, 01:13 PM
karthu
Senior Member+

hai
I think you can choose B.tech Information technology or B.E computer science.
11th August 2010, 09:11 AM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

i suggest that from these fields in which field mathematics used the most you choose that because in all these fields physics and chemistry are also needed and they form the basics of these fields. so already you are good in mathematics why not you put some efforts in preparing physics and chemistry. so ultimately i suggest that instead choosing an alternative you prepare for a particular field and be eligible to be admitted there.
18th August 2010, 01:53 AM
Unregistered

HOW MATHS RELATED TO CHEMISTRY
19th August 2010, 01:40 AM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Good at Mathematics but not Physics and Chemistry, which field in Btech to choose then?

dear friend,

As u r saying that u r strong in maths , but not in physics, chemistry then it will be better for u to go for streams like Computer Sc.,IT, ECE...

though it does not matter, because in btech u will face physics and chemistry only in 1st year.. after that there are very few application of chemistry..

So, U not need to worry..

all the best..
19th August 2010, 01:50 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
HOW MATHS RELATED TO CHEMISTRY

Every thing in this world is related to Maths, but we unable to relate it because of unawareness and the lack of thoughts and perceptions required for it.

Maths has integral part to play with Chemistry.

For example:-

1) Can you solve the promlems of Radioactivity without applying MAths......!
Suppose if a piece of Uranium has a half life of 580 years can you find it without applying the Maths, the key Formulas derived for it.

2) Can you study Kinetics, Thermodynamics or any other part of Physical Chemistry without the Key Forulas which are derived with the help of mathematics.

ETC>>>>>>>

So, MAths is an integral part of Chemistry, weather it is school level or college/university level.
19th August 2010, 02:12 AM
Raj333

dear friend......................
Physics and Chemistry is very important for engineering student because in IST year every department will reading Physics and Chemistry.and from 2nd year u will going to ur departmental subject . as for u r good in Mathematics so u take civil,aeronautical or aerospace engineering because in these department 2 things r very important 1 calculation 2 aquracy.............

best of luck.................................
19th August 2010, 02:46 AM
richa420
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kantri kranti View Post
sir,
MY frnd according to me u should join B.Tch in ece ,cse nd electrical.
Best of luck
19th August 2010, 04:37 AM
robart
Senior Member+

dear friend,

as your physics and chemistry is weak so you can't get selected in b.tech.

but you can take admission in b.tech by paying donation.since you are good in maths, you can do b.sc. in mathematics.

best of luck.
19th August 2010, 08:28 AM
August
Senior Member+

dear friend

for any engineering student one must have a very good knowledge in MATHS that u have already. it is a good thing.

as u are not good in chemistry so avoid the stream CHEMICAL ENGG. in b.tech.

but u have a problem that u are not good in physics which is very important for engineering students.

u have to improve it. it is your basic.

u can opt for the following streams in b.tech

1.CSE

2.EE

3.CIVIL

4.IT

5.ECE

and many more.

all the best.
19th August 2010, 12:23 PM
divyashri rajwaniya

hello gud morning..
i think maths plays an important role in engg.
the very first year of engg. maths is a compulsory subject but phy, chem as well.
physics n chem in 1st yr is not that tough.
u can easily fight examz.
u should opt for civil or computer engg. or info technology bcz electonics , electrical, mechanical,industrial, chemical etc has subject related to phys an chemistry.
but at last i must tell u one thing whether u choose any of the brach from civil, computer or info tech. still u have to study one or other subjects related to phy in beginnig semsters!!
i suggest you to spend some of your extra time in studying phy n chem which might help you in developing some intrest.
19th August 2010, 12:36 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
dont be afraid, u have a mighty ability to complete B.Tech .u must go to ur goal.dear friend as u r strong in mathematics u may take admission in computer science, electronics & communication, electrical, civil engineering etc
Best of luck
19th August 2010, 03:23 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi,
i think you should go for an course like food and processing engineering beacuse almost all the other branches of engineering has the importance of physics,if you are weak in it then it would be very tough for you to pursue them,so go for an subject which does not have any physics like food and processing engineering
all the best
19th August 2010, 09:03 PM
mohit brh

Dear friend ,
there is no problem. you can take admission in B.Tech in civil , mechanical . but B.Tech 1st year is same for all stream so you will have read physics,chemistry in 1st year.

Regards
mohit
19th August 2010, 10:07 PM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Dear frend,
there is no such thing in b.tech to be specalised in ,maths or physics or chemistry.........so you can opt for any branch.dnt wry abt that.......the branches are
1.Computer science
2.Civil
3.Eletrical
4.Electronics and communication
31st August 2010, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

hello,
am praveen. i am good at maths but not physics and chemistry. In engineering at which branch maths for 4 years. please send me reply to [email protected].
13th September 2010, 04:41 PM
Unregistered

fields related to maths
24th October 2010, 10:26 AM
Unregistered

I obtained 40% in maths in 2, also phy and che are not good,am i purse b.Tech (IT) or go for preparation for engg.My AIEEE AIR is 2.5 lakhs in 2010.
1st November 2010, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

am good in mathematics , not that good in physics while in chemistry am really dumb. bti i want to pursue electronics engineering is it advisable..am in my 1st year
3rd November 2010, 08:51 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
am good in mathematics , not that good in physics while in chemistry am really dumb. bti i want to pursue electronics engineering is it advisable..am in my 1st year

Generally Chemistry has nothing to do in Electronics engineering except few topics. But for reaching to Electronics engineering, chemistry is compulsary.

I mean to say, that for persuing Electronics engineering, you have to go through entrance exams. And for that you have to score in chemistry.

However, if your MAthematics and Physcis are good enoough, and will be able to score well in entrance, but less in chemistry then also no problem. You will be alloted Electronics engineering at the time of councelling.

So, acquire good command over Mathematics and Physics and at least study cehmistry so that you would be able to score well in board exams. If you ar getting less in chemistry in entrance it will not create problem, so dont worry.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
3rd November 2010, 09:14 PM
mseetharamster

in the first year every engineering branch have chemistry,maths and physics.
any average student can clear it.

Mechanical,Electrical,electronics,chemical are not adviced if you are not interested in physics and chemistry.....Since they are filled with those subjects.

you can take CSE or Civil or IT ..

all the best
4th November 2010, 12:39 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Frankly speaking Maths is the most important subject needed in engineering and Physics comes second and chemistry comes last

And if speaking about Electronics Engineering Physics and maths are very important

See not everyone is perfect in all the 3 subjects. There are always some strong and weak subjects. But you have to work hard to make your weaker subjects stronger and that can be done only by diligent practice

I would request you to go for Electronics Engineering. Only first year you will have to face chemistry and physics subjects but from 2nd year onwards it will be you and electronics engineering. Even if there is physics then it will be such that you wont even come to know that you are studying chemistry

So go for it and listen to your heart
4th November 2010, 11:45 AM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Quote:

Hello,
If your mathematics is good,then it will not be much problem for you to take up Electronics Engineering.Because in the entrance tests for engineering,you can do well enough even if you are bad in chemistry.As you are good enough in Maths and in average physics you can score well in the entrance exams.

And generally in Electronics engineering,one needs to be good in maths because mostly numerical problems are based on it.A good hand on maths will definitely help you in your electronics engineering.you will find it a bit easy.

So be confident and with a little more hard work on chemistry and also on physics you can achieve your target.
Good Luck.
4th November 2010, 02:02 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Hiiiiiiiii yaa thats true Maths is the basic subject for any technical field and it is must for any B.tech student....so in my view as i did B.tech i can say that
1st year is same for all the branches which need good knowledge of maths...and in second year maths is limited to only some branches like Electronics,Civil,Aeronautical, etc Technical branches But i guess in CST,IT maths is not much required........and coming to physics it is just for fundamental so no need to worry about chemistry and physics.....
So...........Go and make your own decision.......
ALL the Best
4th November 2010, 02:31 PM
divyadharsini

Quote:
Originally Posted by kantri kranti View Post
sir,
hi kranti
its very happy to know that u are good in maths. as you want to do btech in your first year u will be having odd semester iecommon for all branches with subjects like tech english, maths, physics,chemistry, and fundamentals of programming. only in your second year you will enter in your branch.as you are weak in physics and chemistry please take btech it or btech cse. in first year as you are good in maths spend more ime in physics and chemistry and you will be sucessfull...

all the best
4th November 2010, 02:36 PM
megha ram singh

in your case I'll give you few options from which you can easily.. machanical, automobile, electrical, electronics & communication, civil...have a nice future..
5th November 2010, 03:04 AM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Dear friend

It is very difficult to Pursue BTech without the knowledge of physics as in 1st year you have to read all subjects like physics,mechanics, chemistry etc. But if if you are determined to take admission in BTech then you can join following department:

1.CSE
2.IT
3.Biotechnology
4.Food Technology

Best of luck
5th November 2010, 09:16 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

you can choose computer science or automobile but remember in first year you will have to face all these three subjects-PHY, CHEM, MATHS. it doesnt matter what your branch is.
6th November 2010, 06:19 PM
chandana Reddy

hi friend...
its really appreciable that you are good at maths..in the first year of engineering you wil have to undergo through all the subjects i.e physics,maths and chemistry...you dont have to be specialised in any field to take up engineering..little hard work would help you score good marks in physics and chemistry...i would suggest you to take computer science or electronics and communication..

good luck
18th April 2011, 12:14 AM
Unregistered

In B-Tech E.C.E Has More Mathematics Subject?Because I am Very Poor At Physics,But I Very Good At MATHS
29th April 2011, 08:03 PM
Unregistered

please tell me pass marks of all subjects of c.s.e first year... and what topics should i prefer more for my exams
4th June 2011, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

Engineering stream with math and physics only
2nd September 2013, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

i have interest in maths but not poor in any subject which group can i prefer for b-tech
13th May 2014, 02:28 AM
Unregistered

sir i am intrested in chemistry and maths but not in physics which branch should i opt for btech
17th May 2014, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

I scored 59 n physics,48 in chemistry,72 in maths and 86 in computer science which field i should go for?
Am i eligible for doing b tech
11th April 2016, 07:46 PM
Unregistered

which group is best for only maths interested students in btech
22nd June 2016, 01:37 AM
Unregistered

can a student with b.tech in civil apply for research in physics/cosmology higher education in physics
23rd June 2016, 07:03 PM
Sri Kavya Ketagani

There are certain branches in B.tech which doesn't require any knowledge in physics or chemistry such as-
*Civil Engineering
*Computer Science and Engineering
*Information Technology

However,you will be having physics,chemistry,maths in 1st year B.tech irrespective of the branch.
29th July 2016, 08:34 AM
Unregistered

Which engineering is best for me comp science or electronic engineering... I m pcm student from up board hindi medium
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?