3rd August 2010, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

Scope and jobs for b.pharma in pharmaceutical industry?

I AM DOING BACHELOR IN PHARMACY.i WANT TO KNOW WHAT ARE THE OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE AFTER COMPLETION OF THE COURSE.i ALSO WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS THE SCOPE IN PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRIES & JOB OPPORTUNITIES.

3rd August 2010, 10:27 PM
satish shrivastav

Default Re: Scope and jobs for b.pharma in pharmaceutical industry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I AM DOING BACHELOR IN PHARMACY.i WANT TO KNOW WHAT ARE THE OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE AFTER COMPLETION OF THE COURSE.i ALSO WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS THE SCOPE IN PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRIES & JOB OPPORTUNITIES.
Hi
there are many jobs after completion of B.pharm like
you may join to the pharma industry in the section of production,quality control,Q.A., another opportunity like lectureship on diploma college ,or you may try for pharma marketing,
the govt jobs like hospital pharmacist in any govt hospital or in many private hospital,you may become drug inspector otherwise you may open your own medical likewise the jobs are present
or go for further studies like M.pharm,M.B.A.,M.tech.,etc.,

regards
satish
3rd August 2010, 10:56 PM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

Opportunities are a cross function of trials. You have to prepare yourself for the best companies from the pre-final year of your degree. Various job opportunities are:
1. If you are little bit interested in marketing , then you can for the position of medical representative (MR) in pharmacutical companies like cipla, torex, pifzer, ranbaxy etc.
2. Open your own shop of medicines and drugs, you can be a retail and wholeseller of drugs.
4th August 2010, 02:02 AM
naffees

hai friend,
1st of all improve your subject,and also lab skills.
now so many pharma companys are asking M.pharm qualification,thats prepare for GPAT examinations.
you will earn very less salary with B.pharm qualification.

with B.pharm you have oppurtunity to apply for drug inspector,regulatory affairs etc.
please concentrate on your studies because there is heavy competition

be prepared for that.
all the beast
4th August 2010, 01:36 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

B.pharm graduates can find opportunities but it is limited. You can work as Pharmacist in a medical shop or a medical transcriptionist.A post graduation will enrich your career.
After your post graduation you can work as a lecturer, Quality control manager, drug inspector. After your graduation/PG you can appear for UPSC exam and get placed in Public sector.
4th August 2010, 06:59 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Hello friend,

In India, pharmaceutical industry is one of the largest growing industries.

You can engage yourself in sales and marketing sector as well as in the R&D sector.

There are Govt and private drug manufacturing companies where you can join in sales and marketing management posts.

By having,higher education like doing the master's in any pharma specialization or doing an MBA in pharma management can promise you a much better future.

After completing Master's you can join in reputed institutes as a lecturer.

Apart from the drug manufacturing industry, pharmacists are also employed in the chemical industry and food and drug control organizations.

So don't worry,there are ample opportunities in this sector.

Best of luck!
4th August 2010, 08:29 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

you see if you are interested to do research oriented jobs then you can join in pharmaceutical industry.

but generally to do research oriented jobs in pharmaceutical industry the minimum qualification M.Pharm is required.

so it is better to do MPharm.

you can also do as a representative work in MNC pharmaceutical industry after b.pharma.

all the best......
4th August 2010, 08:50 PM
Sathishkannan

sure there are good job opportunities for b-pharm in pharmaceutical industry but you have to develop your ability to fit for that job so try to work hard from now itself.
4th August 2010, 08:59 PM
khusi

pharmacy is one of the fastest growing fields India,
there are many companies which are coming in these fields
companies like reddy and reddy regularly employ people ,
try to get into any one of these big companies
all the best
17th August 2010, 02:37 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

India, being such a large country with huge population naturally India has greater rate of Ill and Sick patients. Place where a life is lost in every minutes due to any illness like- in every 15 mins a person die of diarrhea, every 5 mins creates a new Diebetes patient etc.

All these has created huge consumption of Medicines which has made India No. 1 in Whole World for Pharmaceutical Sector.

So, naturally India being the World lagrest Pharma Hub has thausands of Man Power in form of skilled and well educated professionals is required.

After completing your M.Pharma and Entering into Job Market, you will find job in Manufacturing side then having some extra Qualification like MBA or Work experiance of at least 3 year will lead you to move towards Managing and sales department.

Salary also depends upon from which institute you persue the course,because today quality of education is also a big factor. If your institute have capusing facility then nothing is better then that.

However,a post graduate from a good institute can expect anything between
3 - 6 lacs/annum,after few years of experience say 5 years you can claim 9-12lacs/annum. And at some executive or Administrative post one can even claim 18 Lacs Per annum, depending upon Company also.

Remember today just completing your education is not enough, completing Education from a Good institute is also a very big factor, because I have seen few people even having post graduation they are working as Medical Representative at 8,000-12,000 of salary.

Ranbaxy
Cipla
Gloxso Smith Kline
Are among the TOP Recruiters with onsite and offsite, National and International Oppurtunities also.

Some people complains that all the facts about Career prospects are Lie, package is very low, job is struggling

Here I want to make you understand that just acquiring the Degree is not the job gauranter.

Various Factors are responsible for it Talent, Luck etc.

And the hit of recession, Fire broke out at Ranbaxy etc. like factors had kept the Indian Pharmaceutical Inustry at backlog.

Even being the World's lagrest Phaceutical Hub, India is unable to create good jobs Why?

A little example:- India is the largest Antibiotic (Basically Azithromycine) consuming country which requires Lacs of Tones per years to cater the need, unables to produce even 1/4 in India becuase of very high fanufacturing cost. So either imports from Forign or Manufacture it in foreign country where the company have Plant.

So, here alone a single Antibiotic has taken hundreds of jobs.

And today one of the most Important factor is Persuing the course from the best Institutes having good placement records.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
17th August 2010, 11:58 AM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

u can issue liscence for medical shop....also u can join medical industry...
17th August 2010, 06:38 PM
danveer

Thumbs up Re: Scope and jobs for b.pharma in pharmaceutical industry?

Quote:
it has lots of scope many pharmacy company are availble you can search them on the internet.
like ranbaxy.
17th August 2010, 10:05 PM
mukeshbhadoriya

in the pharma field you can never face problem of job like engg. this is the only field which provide 100 percent job assistance to any body and there are so many department where you go just like q.a , q.c . production r d and many other you also go for k.p.o and clinical research , pharma co vigilance etc
17th August 2010, 11:52 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

You can work as Pharmacist in a medical shop or a medical transcriptional.A post \

graduation will enrich your career., you will find job in Manufacturing side then having

some extra Qualification like MBA or Work experience of at least 3 year will lead you to

move towards Managing and sales department.higher education like doing the master's

in any pharma specialization or doing an MBA in pharma management can promise you a

much better future.After completing Master's you can join in reputed institutes as a

lecturer.

After your post graduation you can work as a lecturer, Quality control manager, drug inspector.
18th August 2010, 01:00 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

There is lots of scope in pharmaceutical industries. These days many students are gettign hired in companies like Ranbaxy,Biocon after their Bsc. Its heard that there has been a sudden boom in this field in last few years

So go for it lots of govt and private jobs are coming up.

Best of luck
18th August 2010, 02:47 AM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Hello Friend
Pharmaceutical job is one of the good jobs in the world as the whole industry is growing day by day.... there are lots of job opportunity in the current days senario...

Some of the good pharmaceutical industry you can go for are :

1.Dr. Reddy's Labs,

2.Ranbaxy laboratories,

3.Matrix Laboratories,

4.Lupin,

5.NATCO Pharmaceuticals,

6.Procter & Gamble Hygiene and Healthcare,

7.Pfizer,

8.Kerala Ayurveda Pharmacy etc................

All the best.
18th August 2010, 06:21 PM
princearyan
Senior Member+

You have to prepare yourself for the best companies from the pre-final year of your degree,These days many students are getting hired in companies like Ranbaxy,Biocon after their Bsc. Its heard that there has been a sudden boom in this field in last few years ,If your institute have camp using facility then nothing is better then that.
25th August 2010, 05:10 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,
There are so many option after B.Pharm .
1:You can get job like hospital pharmacist in any govt hospital or in many private hospital
2:you may become drug inspector .
3:you may open your own medical pharmacy.
otherwise you may go for higher studies like M.pharm,MBA.
Good luck.
25th August 2010, 05:14 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,
There are so many option after B.Pharm .
1:You can get job like hospital pharmacist in any govt hospital or in many private hospital
Good luck.
28th August 2010, 02:21 AM
KHAN20

Thumbs up Re: Scope and jobs for b.pharma in pharmaceutical industry?

dear friend
i think u have a better scope to set up a big pharmaceutical industry.if u have gather knowlege about b.pharma then u must devloped ur industry in future.
and other thing is job option. ok u also get a good job in big pharmaceutical inustry if u have that degree.
best of luck.
16th September 2010, 03:43 AM
Unregistered

Default plz guide me,...

dear sir,
i am arpit shah
i am done B.Pharma and currently working in pharma marketing since last 1 yr and 6 month,
plz guide me to get job in food and drug administration or drug inspector like goverment job...

thank you,
arpit shah
[email protected]
16th September 2010, 04:02 AM
Unregistered

i am arpit shah
i am done B.Pharma, and currently working in pharma marketing since last 1 yr and 6 month.
plz guide me to get job in food and drug administration or gov. job !
thank you,
arpit shah
[email protected]
17th September 2010, 10:18 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
i am arpit shah
i am done B.Pharma, and currently working in pharma marketing since last 1 yr and 6 month.
plz guide me to get job in food and drug administration or gov. job !
thank you,
arpit shah
[email protected]

Well, you want to work in Government sector.

Then for getting a good Job in government sector as you said "Drug Administration" you must have good Academic Record as it will help alot, if you belongs to any backward community then it would be also much helpful, if you have already worked in any government sector.

Valuable Advice: Keep reading Employment News, all the vacancies, notifications regarding any Govt. job weather it is a vancancy for a "Safai Karamchari" or "Notification for Army/Navy/Airforce" all are announced there. It is published every Saturday from Delhi and get distributed to all over India.
29th September 2010, 03:55 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,
myself Rai Raghavendra, I am student of B. Pharm final year from Indira college of Pharmacy Pune. I am little confuse about my future. I wat a guidence from you in regarding with my future. I am confuse that what sould I do after B. Pharm? Should I do M. Pharm? r MBA? Through which I got Higher Saillary? R I do both of them?
8th October 2010, 03:50 PM
Unregistered

i am a B pharm 3rd year student. i wish to go in DRA field after b pharma and want to get PG diploma in DRA during my job. is it a good idea? guide me please.
31st October 2010, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

Good afternoon please aap bataiye ki b pharma ko rgpv ne many kamane ka jariya kyo bna rakhaa he.aaj to student ko education nahi money ke liye padata he.so ap mujhe batao ki asi educatio lene se kya mutlab.
10th November 2010, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

my self arun i completed B.pharma i have 6 months Exp.in manufacturing but i want join mr plz guid me
10th November 2010, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

my self arun i completed B.pharma i have 6 months Exp.in manufacturing but i want join mr plz guid me
14th November 2010, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

what is syllabus for drug inspector
3rd December 2010, 01:06 AM
Unregistered

Sir,My name is ujjwal kumar dey.actually i have lot of confution in life carrier.I completed my graduation on B.sc pure science in the year 2007. after that i join BPO company.There were i was not stable in my job.Right now i took admission in M.sc on Env. Science.What types of carrier suitable for me.please kindly help me...
20th December 2010, 01:13 AM
Unregistered

what is the syllabus for drug inspector
28th December 2010, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my b pharmacy in this current academic year 2010 and i am looking out for a job in pharmaceutical company i have applied to many companies but no response can u guide me the exact way too approach the consent persons pl
29th December 2010, 01:04 AM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

hi dear ,

there are so many job scope after b.pharma in pharmaceutical industry

i am providing you some name you just check it out..

Good luck..........
31st December 2010, 12:02 AM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

there a lot of scope and jobs after completing youe b pharma course

you can get in the the companies like that of the ranbaxy,dr. reddy's ,divis lab and many more are there
even you can get into the govt firms even
31st December 2010, 01:18 AM
yajvendra

dear friend as i know there are so many scopes after B.Pharma if you want do further study then you can do MBA,M.Pharma,M.Tech.etc.
and if want to do job you can apply for MR(medical representative)in any drug company,or you can apply for drug inspector,or you can get the job in hospital.
good luck..
31st December 2010, 03:13 AM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

Hi dude

1)It has the very good scope in

* Soap

*Powders

* Medican

*Antibiotic

* Dental

* Perfume

*Cosmetic

all those field B.Pharma is Wanted,if you have PG Degree then you will get good salary in that field, also you can do Research field also in your Project

Best of luck for your Job
31st December 2010, 11:18 AM

hi friend,
Pharmacy field is evergreen. There are so many opportunities in pharmaceutical industry, chemical industries and mainly in Hospitals. so many government jobs also there like pharmacist, Drug inspector, analyst in central & state govt.laboratories.
you should have thorough knowledge about pharmacy subjects. Also you should do M.Pharmacy which is very essential nowadays. As a M.Pharma student you may go in to Research field also.
Also there are so many vacancies in pharmacy colleges as a teaching staff. Better to do jobs in pharma industry like production, formulation & quality assurance fields.

all the best for your future....
31st December 2010, 08:55 PM
sandipk
Senior Member+

hello friend,

Scope and jobs for b.pharma in pharmaceutical industry
now so many pharma companys are asking M.pharm qualification,thats prepare for GPAT examinations.
you will earn very less salary with B.pharm qualification.

with B.pharm you have oppurtunity to apply for drug inspector,regulatory affairs etc.

good luck..........
25th March 2011, 09:29 PM
Unregistered

if any one wants 2 do b.pharm thn plzz plzz go for integrated B.Pharm MBA.No better option then this.Doing M.pharm is jst like beating on ur own legs.Try in MArsee monjee management collge,mumbai
23rd April 2011, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

Best combinations after B.Pharm are as-
B. Pharm Clinical research Course from good inst.-Because there is huge requirement from Clinical Trial Industry.
B. Pharm MBA-
M.Pharm with good practical exposure to subject (Whatever it may be)- Its a minimum requirement now a days/ then look out for openings in industry like- IPR, Drug Regulatory affairs, QA/QC, Product Management, etc.
Many Govt openings are there (e.g. Research assistant in CSIR Labs, IP Commission etc).
27th April 2011, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

how i can do a job as govt.analyst.
1st May 2011, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

which is best in future pharmacy or engineering
10th June 2011, 10:46 PM
Unregistered

what is the scope of pharm d (post bacc.) In india in coming yearys?what would be scope and expected salary if engaged in clinical trials?
plz do submit your valued answr as i m desperately loking to do pharm d aftrr b pharm

by
rakesh roushan
3rd yr b.pharm
10th June 2011, 10:49 PM
Unregistered

what is the scope of pharm d (post bacc.) In india in coming yearys?what would be scope and expected salary if engaged in clinical trials?
plz do submit your valued answr as i m desperately loking to do pharm d aftrr b pharm

by
rakesh roushan
3rd yr b.pharm
29th June 2011, 10:32 AM
pabolu pradeep

Quote:
there are plenty of jobs after your bachelor's in pharmacy like;

you can go for teaching profession to diploma students, in industry you have opportunities like quality control officer , quality analyst, regulatory affairs, research field , production department, manufacturing etc..

It is better to do M.pharmacy after your Bachelor's degree..
2nd July 2011, 05:17 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir,
i want to do b.pharm. Is there any way to be doctor. I have heard that after doing b.pharm and m.pharm any one may go for ms and practice as a doctor. Is that true?
2nd July 2011, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir,
i want to do b.pharm. Is there any way to be doctor. I have heard that after doing b.pharm and m.pharm any one may go for ms and practice as a doctor. Is that true?
5th July 2011, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

How can i becom govt analyst after bpharma
18th July 2011, 12:53 AM
Unregistered

Good eveningt Sir:

Sir I have completed my 12th with 83% in CBSC, Kendriya vidhyalaya. I want to know that what is the opportunity if I will do B.pharm. It is better to do B.pharma or Bsc in microbiology or any dental course, please give me your suggestion.

Thank You,
Your Sincerely
Devika Swami
20th July 2011, 05:18 PM
k.a.s.raghava

we can get a good jobs after b.pharm
the jobs you can get are
QC
QA
PRODUCTION
RESEARCH
ANALYTICAL (R&D)
FORMULATION(R&D)
IN UNDIA WE HAVE APLENTY OF JOBS AVAILABLE FOR B.PHARM BUT WE CAN GET A LESS SALARY WHEN COMPARED M.PHARM GRADUATES
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?